Latest Current Affairs Today August 26 2017, is here. Read in this post, all the information you need for competitive exams like IAS, IPS, UPSC, RRB, and other banking exams like SBI, RBI, IBPS PO Clerk etc. Read Daily Current Affairs and improve your General Knowledge. We give regular updates of current Affairs to help aspirants preparing for Government exams. Read the Current Affairs regularly to get an idea of the exams. Check all the Latest 26th August 2017 Current Affairs and take the Current Affairs Quiz that we have prepared for you with the help of experts.
Current Affairs Today August 26 2017- Latest Current Affairs Updates
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launched the grid connected rooftop solar project.
- Vice chairman of Samsung Electronics Lee Jae-Yong convicted of bribery.
- India and Nepal signed 8 Agreements for various sectors.
- PV Sindhu, Saina Nehwal enter semi finals of world badminton championships.
- Vishal Sikka will join Hewlett Packard Enterprise as its CTO.
- Union Minister Smriti Irani and Amit Shah took oath as Rajya Sabha MPs.
- Microsoft signs a MoU with the Agriculture Department of Karnataka.
- India is Honda’s biggest market globally.
- Air India appoints Rajiv Bansal as its interim chief.
- Ramananda Sengupta, Country’s oldest cinematographer has passed away.
National News – Current Affairs Today August 26 2017
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launched the grid connected rooftop solar project.
- Consumers can install small solar plants on their rooftops and consume the power generated.
- Rs 70,000 per kW is the initial investment for a rooftop solar system.
- The government gives a subsidy of 30% for both residential and institutional consumers.
International News – Current Affairs Today
- Lee Jae-Yong is convicted for 5 years for bribing the South Korean president Park Geun-Hye and her secret confidante.
- Lee’s grandfather is also convicted in a case of smuggling by his fertilizer manufacturing company in 1966.
- Lee’s father Lee Kun-Hee built the tech empire but was convicted of bribery in 1996.
- The Seoul Central District Court also found him guilty of tax evasion and other charges nine years ago but suspended sentences meant he never served time in jail.
Agreements – Current Affairs Today August 26 2017
Microsoft signs a MoU with the Agriculture Department of Karnataka.
- To understand the market behavior in advance, Microsoft is developing a unique “farm price forecasting model” using latest IT tools.
- It will help farmers, administrators and other stakeholders in the agriculture industry.
- The proposed model is the first-of-its-kind in the country and it is a “multivariate” model.
- It will examine external factors that impact market behavior and also a lot of related factors such as weather, rainfall.
India and Nepal signed 8 Agreements for various sectors.
India and Nepal signed eight agreements for cooperation against drug trafficking and post-earthquake reconstruction. Nepal PM Sher Bahadur Deuba assured India that his government wasn’t going to allow anyone to conduct anti-India activities from Nepalese soil.
- Four MoUs were signed on the utilization of housing grant component for reconstruction of 50,000 houses, and implementation of in the education, cultural heritage and health sectors.
- Another MoU is signed for arrangement on cost sharing, schedules and safeguard issues for construction of Mechi bridge, funded by India.
- The sixth MoU is to reduce and prevent illicit drug trafficking.
- The seventh MoU is for cooperation between the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nepal.
- The eighth MoU is for cooperation in standardization and conformity assessment.
Business News – Latest Current Affairs
India is Honda’s biggest market globally.
- India is the largest two wheeler market globally, by volume, for automobile major Honda.
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India’s (HMSI) volume hit 32% globally in the first quarter of this financial year.
- According to HMSI, India is also the biggest production hub for Honda with a capacity of 6.4 million units.
Sports News – Current Affairs Today August 26 2017
PV Sindhu, Saina Nehwal enters semifinals of world badminton championship.
- PV Sindhu got a hat-trick of medals at the World Badminton Championship as she entered into the semi-finals.
- Saina Nehwal made it to the last four by beating Kirsty Gilmour of Scotland 21-19, 18-21, 21-15 in the quarterfinals.
- Nehwal who has won a bronze at the 2013 and 2014 editions, beat Sun Yu 21-14, 21-9 in 39 minutes at the Emirates Arena.
- K. Srikanth lost 14-21, 18-21 to world No. 1 Son Wan Ho of Korea in men’s singles quarterfinals.
Current Affairs Today August 26 2017 – Appointments
Vishal Sikka will join Hewlett Packard Enterprise as its CTO.
- Vishal Sikka resigned as the CEO and MD of Infosys.
- He will now join the $50-billion Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) as its chief technology officer (CTO).
Union Minister Smriti Irani and Amit Shah took oath as Rajya Sabha MPs.
- M. Venkaiah Naidu, Chairman of Rajya Sabha administered the oath of secrecy.
- He has been a five-term MLA in the Gujarat Assembly.
Air India appoints Rajiv Bansal as its interim chief.
- IAS officer Rajiv Bansal is given the additional charge as Air India chairman.
- Mr Bansal is currently additional secretary and financial advisor in the ministry of petroleum and natural gas.
Obituary News – Current Updates
- He worked with legends like Jean Renoir, Ritwik Ghatak, and Mrinal Sen.died in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Mr. Sengupta was 101 years old when he died in Kolkata, West Bengal.
About Ramanand Sengupta
- He got his first break in 1938 when he joined Film Corporation of India as an assistant cameraman.
- Purbaraag was his first film as a full-time cinematographer which was directed by Ardhendu Mukherjee in 1946.
|Read 24th August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|