Current Affairs Today August 28 2017: Latest Current Affairs, Daily General Knowledge question, and answers for the competitive exams are available on this page. Individuals who are preparing for the Bank job or any Govt job can check the Daily Current Affairs, General awareness questions. We have listed out the August 28th, 2017 Current Affairs Questions for the Examination practice. Also, go through the Today’s 28th August 2017 General knowledge questions. We have the best collection of the Top 1000 basic gk question and answers on our page GK Questions. Go through the following sections to check the 28th August Current Affairs, GK Questions.
August 28th Current Affairs Updates
- Arun Jaitley in Hyderabad at BDL inaugurates Rocket Motor Test Facility.
- Kenya plastic bag ban comes into force after years of delays.
- Dara Khosrowshahi is the new CEO of Uber.
- Justice Dipak Misratakes oath as Chief Justice of India.
- Semenya smashes women’s 600m world record.
- The CEO of Western Digital in Japan to finalise Toshiba chip deal.
- Ahmed Khan the Indian Gold winning football team player passes away.
- P V Sindhu lost the final in the World Championships 2017.
- Till Tuesday Haryana and Punjab government Suspends Mobile Internet.
- Hamilton wins Belgian Grand Pix.
National News – Current Affairs Today August 28 2017
Arun Jaitley in Hyderabad at BDL inaugurates Rocket Motor Test Facility.
- Union Minister for Defence Arun Jaitley inaugurates Rocket Motor Static Test Facility and dedicates it to the Nation.
- It is the first of its kind for defence production unit at Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) at Ibrahimpatnam near Hyderabad.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) supported the project as the development agency.
Till Tuesday Haryana and Punjab government Suspends Mobile Internet.
- Haryana and Punjab have suspended mobile internet services a day before the verdict of the CBI special court in Panchkula in the rape case against Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
- The Haryana government extends the suspension of mobile internet services, including 2G, 3G, 4G, CDMA and GPRS, all SMS services and dongle services provided on mobile networks, except voice calls.
- A spokesperson of the Punjab government said this decision has been taken to maintain law and order in the state.
Latest Current Affairs Updates – International News
Kenya plastic bag ban comes into force after years of delays.
- A ban on plastic carrier bags has come into force in Kenya.
- If any one found selling, manufacturing or carrying them could face fines of up to $38,000 or prison sentences of up to four years.
- A number of other African countries gave a support to ban the plastic carrier bags, including South Africa, Rwanda and Eritrea.
Current Affairs Today August 28 2017 – Business Events
The CEO of Western Digital in Japan to finalise Toshiba chip deal.
- Western Digital Corp’s chief executive is in Tokyo to finalise an agreement to buy Toshiba Corp’s memory chip business.
- Toshiba is scrambling to sell its flash memory unit to cover losses from its bankrupt U.S. nuclear business Westinghouse.
- The group and Toshiba aim to announce a deal by August 31st.
Appointments Updates – Today Current Affairs News
Dara Khosrowshahi is the new CEO of Uber.
- Uber Technologies Inc hires Dara Khosrowshahi, the chief executive of travel company Expedia Inc, as its new chief executive.
- The 48-year Khosrowshahi will take on the task of mending Uber’s image, repairing frayed relations among investors, rebuilding employee morale and creating a profitable business after seven years of losses.
Justice Dipak Misra takes oath as Chief Justice of India.
- Justice Dipak Misra Today will take oath as the 45th Chief Justice of India.
- The 64-year-old Justice Misra will take the office following the retirement of Justice J S Khehar.
- In 2009, Justice Misra became the Chief Justice of the Patna High Court
GK Today Current Affairs – Sports News
Semenya smashes women’s 600m world record.
- South Africa’s Caster Semenya smashed the world record in the rarely-run 600 metres.
- The 26-year-old, Olympic gold medallist and three times world champion over 800m, clocked a stunning 1min 21.77sec over the unusual distance at the ISTAF meet in the German capital.
- She took 0.86sec off the previous best set by Cuba’s Ana Fidelia Quirot in 1997
P V Sindhu lost the final in the World Championships 2017.
- Sindhu lost the title 19-21, 22-20, 20-22 to Nozomi Okuhara of Japan.
- Nozomi became the first Japanese women’s singles champion while Sindhu is the second Indian after Saina to secure silver
Current Affairs Today August 28 2017 – Obituary News
Ahmed Khan the Indian Gold winning football team player passes away.
- Ahmed Khan, a member of India’s gold winning football team at the first Asian Games in 1951, passed away at the age of 91.
- Khan the striker represented India in two Olympic games in 1948 and 1952.
- He represented India in 11 matches and made his debut against France in the London Olympics.
|Read 26th August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|