Current Affairs Today August 29 2017 is on this page to help you study well for the examinations. If you are going to appear for any Sarkari Naukri exams, then these Daily Current Affairs will help you prepare in the best way. This pattern of study will help you crack any Govt. Exam with good marks and will also boost your confidence for the Interview round. If you will read the 29th August 2017 Current Affairs, your GK skills will get a lot of improvement. You can easily get your desired job. Make sure you read all the Current Affairs 29th August 2017 to know all the happenings and events related to the date. Visit our website regularly to get all the latest GK Updates and news. Make use of Current Affairs Today August 29 2017 for scoring good marks.
August 29th 2017 Current Affairs Updates
- Karnataka govt to bring in universal health cover
- On his 67th birthday PM Modi to kick off Gujarat poll campaign.
- Ikea to make India manufacturing hub for sofas, furniture.
- Tata Motors DVR, 3 more to exit Nifty.
- World’s first diamond F&O trade launch took place in Mumbai.
- India wins U-15 SAFF football Championship.
- Shillong Lajong signs six foreign players for I-League.
- Dr. Reddy Labs launches Suprax generic in the US.
- Japan Finance Minister Taro Aso to Meet Mike Pence in Early September to Discuss Economy, Trade.
- North Korea fires missile over Japan in aggressive test
- Ruling parties won in all four Assembly by polls.
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announces the birth of the second daughter.
National News – Current Affairs Today August 29 2017
On his 67th birthday PM Modi to kick off Gujarat poll campaign.
- On September 17 on his 67th birthday Prime Minister Narendra Modi, will kick start BJP’s campaign for Gujarat assembly polls.
- He will have a public meeting at Dabhoi in Vadodara district after launching three Narmada-related projects.
- Narendra Modi will inaugurate the newly constructed gates of Narmada dam on September 17 during his visit to Gujarat.
Karnataka govt to bring in universal health cover.
- The Congress government in Karnataka is gifting health cover to all its citizens through its Arogya Bhagya scheme which will take a launch on November 1.
- The cabinet gave a green signal to the scheme that is expected to benefit 1.4 crore households, every individual in the state.
- Health Minister KR Ramesh Kumar will soon meet health and finance department officials to get the details of the insurance cover and types of diseases to be covered.
Ruling parties won in all four Assembly by polls.
- Results of the by polls to four Assembly seats in Andhra Pradesh, Delhi and Goa showed the ruling parties of these States winning.
- In Andhra Pradesh Bhuma Brahmananda Reddy who is a TDP Member Won against YSRCP.
- In Delhi AAP party member Ram Chander won against the BJP Candidate Ved Prakash.
- Manohar Parrikar the BJP candidate in Goa won against the Congress member Girish Chodankar.
Latest August 29th 2017 Current Affairs – International Updates
North Korea fires the missile over Japan in the aggressive test.
- North Korea fires a ballistic missile from its capital Pyongyang that flew over Japan before plunging into the northern Pacific Ocean.
- Seoul’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said the missile traveled around 2,700 km and reached a maximum height of 550 km as it flew over the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido.
- The launch, which appears to be the first to cross over Japan since 2009.
Japan Finance Minister Taro Aso to Meet Mike Pence in Early September to Discuss Economy, Trade.
- Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said that he will visit the United States from Sept. 4.
- He is visiting to hold informal talks with Vice President Mike Pence ahead of the second round of bilateral economic talks later this year.
- Taro Aso and Pence would likely discuss issues such as trade, investment, and economic policies in accordance with the first round of economic talks launched in April
Current Affairs Today August 29 2017 – Business Events
Ikea to make India manufacturing hub for sofas, furniture.
- Ikea for the first time in three decades is using India as a hub for making sofas and furniture for its global stores.
- The Ikea India CEO Juvencio Maeztu told that Ikea products sold here will sport lower price tags than the ones sold in European markets.
- Ikea plans to open 25 stores in India by 2025 with an investment of Rs 10,500 crore.
As per August 29 Current Affairs – Tata Motors DVR, 3 more to exit Nifty.
- Nifty, NSE’s 50-stock benchmark index which since February 2016 had become a 51-stock index after the inclusion of Tata Motors DVR, will again become a 50-stock index from September 29.
- The company that manages NSE’s indices i.e IISL, has made a decision to exclude Tata Motors DVR from Nifty in a month from now.
- This change in index composition next month will also lead to the inclusion of Bajaj Finance, HPCL and UPL in Nifty in place of Bajaj Auto, Bank of Baroda and Tata Power.
World’s first diamond F&O trade launch took place in Mumbai.
- Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX) launches the world’s first derivatives platform for this precious stone.
- The trading was launched in Sebi-approved diamond futures for expiry in November and December this year and also in January 2018
- On the first day of trading, till 9 pm, more than 3,000 contracts were traded
Dr. Reddy Labs launches Suprax generic in the US.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories which is Hyderabad based pharma launches generic Cefixime for Oral Suspension.
- It launches USP 100 mg/5ml, and 200 mg/5ml, in the US market.
- According to IMS Health, the Suprax brand and generic clocked US sales of approximately $50.5 million MAT for the most recent 12 months ended June 2017.
GK Today Sports News – Current Affairs Today August 29 2017
India wins U-15 SAFF football Championship.
- The India football team came from behind to defeat Nepal 2-1 to win the South Asian Football Federation.
- After Nepal converted a penalty to take the initial lead in the 40th minute, Lalorikama (58) and skipper Vikram(74th) struck twice in the second-half to help India seal the match.
Shillong Lajong signs six foreign players for I-League.
- Shillong Lajong Football Club made announcements of the signings of six foreign players for the I-League 2017-18 season.
- All six players are ready to strengthen the Lajong squad as they bring with them years of experience playing in top professional leagues.
|Read 28th August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|