Latest Current Affairs Today August 30 2017 on National, International, Business, and Sports events are given here. We have collected the Latest Current News 30th August 2017 for your exam preparation. If you will read the General Knowledge Events, it will help you in improving your General Knowledge Skills. Read the GK Today and prepare for the Competitive Exams such as IBPS, SSC, UPSC, and many others. Check Today Current Affairs August 30th 2017 and prepare well for the Govt. Exams. Usually, the government exams such as UPSC are based on the Daily Current Affairs, so if you are looking to gain more marks, visit our site regularly to get all the important and recent updates.
Today August 30th Current Affairs -Latest Updates
- Niti Aayog Awards 12 Women For Transforming India.
- From West Bengal’s Ishapore India Gets Its Own Sniper Rifle.
- Yogi Govt Forms Three-Minister Panel to Help Home Buyers.
- Lockheed Martin the American global aerospace offers to Export F-16 Jets From India Plant.
- ISRO opens up satellite making to the industry.
- Sri Lanka’s Jagath Jayasuriya faces war crimes in Latin America.
- Burger King launches Whopper Coin crypto-cash in Russia.
- NASA’s Next Mars Mission to take launch Next year.
- Olympic runner David Torrence passes away.
- Bengaluru FC sign Venezuelan striker Miku.
- Taj appoints Puneet Chhatwal as new CEO.
- With Rs 100 crore investment Infosys finally comes to Bengal to Start the Company.
Current Affairs Today August 30 2017 – National Updates
Niti Aayog Awards 12 Women For Transforming India.
- Union minister Smriti Irani and Niti Aayog Vice Chairman Arvind Panagariya gave awards to 12 women.
- They gave awards based on the transformational impact of work undertaken by them across India’s villages, towns, and cities.
- Women Transforming India Awards was launched by Niti Aayog last year in partnership with the UN in India and MyGo.
- The awards received 3,000 entries from across the country.
From West Bengal’s Ishapore India Gets Its Own Sniper Rifle.
- The indigenous sniper rifle took a launch at the Rifle Factory, Ishapore, just outside Kolkata.
- The Ordnance Board factory in 1998, has brought out the Insas Rifle.
- The Ishapore sniper costs Rs. 2.5 lakh plus tax, has a caliber of 7.62 mm, weighs 6.7 kg and can kill at 800 meters.
- Now Indian Police can buy this Indian made sniper rifles at one-third the price.
Yogi Govt Forms Three-Minister Panel to Help Home Buyers.
- UP government lead by Yogi Adityanath forms a three minister panel to help flat buyers in Ghaziabad, Noida, and Greater Noida.
- Presently, there are around 100 to 160 housing projects in Noida.
International News – 30th August 2017 Current Affairs
Sri Lanka’s Jagath Jayasuriya faces war crimes in Latin America.
- Human rights groups have filed a case in Brazil and Colombia against Sri Lanka’s ambassador Jagath Jayasuriya in Latin America, accusing him of war crimes.
- He was in charge of troops in the north-east of the island.
- He was accused of having done attacks on hospitals and abducted, killed and tortured thousands of civilians.
Business Events – Current Affairs Today August 30 2017
With Rs 100 crore investment Infosys finally comes to West Bengal to Start the Company.
- Infosys will set up its first campus in the West Bengal with an initial investment of Rs 100 crores.
- It ends a nine-year deadlock for the IT giant’s maiden venture in Bengal.
Burger King launches Whopper Coin crypto-cash in Russia.
- Fast-food chain Burger King has launches its own cryptocurrency, called Whopper Coin, in Russia.
- Customers will be able to claim one coin for every rouble (1.3p) they spend on the Whopper sandwich.
- Burger King has partnered with crypto-cash start-up Waves to create and run the scheme.
August 30 2017 Current Affairs – Science and Technology News
ISRO opens up satellite making to the industry.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation opens the door to domestic entities that can give it up to 18 spacecraft a year starting mid to late 2018.
- The Bengaluru based ISRO Satellite Centre is inviting industries to apply for this opportunity.
- ISAC would sign a three-year contract with the finalists.
NASA’s Next Mars Mission to take launch Next year.
- On examining the deep interior of the red planet NASA to launch a mission to Mars in Next year.
- The mission will place a stationary lander near Mars’ equator.
Appointments News – Current Affairs 30th August 2017
Taj appoints Puneet Chhatwal as new CEO.
- Indian Hotels Company Limited (IHCL), operator of the Taj chain, chose Puneet Chhatwal, the chief executive of Steigenberger Hotels AG.
- The 53-year-old Chhatwal will have the task of strengthening and expanding Taj’s position in its home.
- From the last four years, Chhatwal is running Steigenberger Hotels which is a German chain.
Current Affairs Today August 30 2017 – Defence News
Lockheed Martin the American global aerospace offers to Export F-16 Jets From India Plant.
- Lockheed is offering to make India the sole F-16 production center.
- So it will make the planes not just for India, but also for other countries.
- Lockheed is closing its F-16 production line at Forth Worth, Texas and will supply new orders from a new facility in Greenville, South Carolina
Sports News – Gk Today Current Affairs
Bengaluru FC sign Venezuelan striker Miku.
- Bengaluru FC signs Venezuelan International striker Nicolas Miku Ladislao Fedor Flores.
- He helped his team to a fourth-place finish at the 2011 Copa America in Argentina.
- The 32-year-old signs a two-year deal, and arrives in India from the Spanish side Rayo Vallecano.
Current Affairs Today August 30 2017 – Obituary News
Olympic runner David Torrence passes away.
- Olympic middle distance runner David Torrence was found dead in Arizona.
- 31 year Torrence represented Peru in last year Olympics.
- Torrence finished in 15th and last place in the final of the 5,000 meters in Rio last year.
|Read 29th August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|