Latest Current Affairs Today August 31 2017 is here. Job seekers are advised to read Today Current Affairs News 31st August 2017. We have provided every happening in details. Therefore, if you are preparing for Sarkari Naukri, IAS, IPS, UPSC, RRB, and other Banking Exams, go through the entire article. Reading Today’s Current Affairs August 31st 2017 will help you know about Important News Updates and Highlights. Practising General Knowledge questions daily will improve your knowledge and will help you to prepare well for any competitive exams. Therefore, read Daily Current Affairs & GK Questions and qualify yourself in the upcoming competitive exams with a good score. For every government exams, General Knowledge sections are the most important and scoring section. Prepare well Current Affairs Today August 31 2017 and gather in-depth information about each occasion.
Important Current Affairs August 31st 2017 – Latest Updates
- Astronomers Discover An Ancient Exploding Star After A Search of 30-Year.
- To attend Eastern Economic Forum Sushma Swaraj to visit Russia.
- Raju Shetti leaves NDA.
- UP-100, the most ambitious police project is now ISO certified.
- For BRICS summit China invites 5 countries as guests.
- India’s First Private Sector Satellite To Be Launched By ISRO Today.
- Dara Khosrowshahi is new CEO of Uber.
- Amitesh Jha Flipkart’s old timer to head Ekart.
- Cassini spacecraft will end its 13-year mission to Saturn.
- Sumiteru Taniguchi, Postman who survived Nagasaki atom bomb dies at 88.
- The US conducts missile defense test off Hawaii Coast.
- Tottenham sign Juan Foyth the Argentina defender.
- Arsenal left-back Kieran Gibbs is signed by West Brom.
- To Indian Ocean conference Sri Lanka welcomes Sushma Swaraj.
- As temperatures rise the Caspian Sea is evaporating says the study.
National Updates – Current Affairs Today August 31 2017
To attend Eastern Economic Forum Sushma Swaraj to visit Russia.
- Sushma Swaraj the external affairs minister will embark on a three-day visit to Russia.
- She will visit Russia’s port city Vladivostok from September 5.
- During her visit, she will participate in the third Eastern Economic Forum.
Raju Shetti leaves NDA.
- The Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana (SSS), headed by MP Raju Shetty, made an announcement of snapping ties with the BJP.
- However, the SSS has only one MP and no MLA in the state, the decision will not affect any of the governments.
- Shetty says that SSS has made a mistake by extending support to the NDA.
UP-100, the most ambitious police project is now ISO certified.
- UP-100, the most ambitious police project which took establish during the Akhilesh Yadav government, is now ISO certified.
- It is said to become the first police control room in the country to receive the certification.
- It was established to provide emergency services related to public safety on 24×7 basis.
Latest August 31st 2017 Current Affairs – International News
For BRICS summit China invites 5 countries as guests.
- China has invited Egypt, Kenya, Tajikistan, Mexico, and Thailand as guest countries for the upcoming BRICS summit.
- China to host the BRICS summit in Xiamen city from September 3 to 5.
- In which including Prime Minister Narendra Modi leaders of the five countries will participate.
The US conducts missile defense test off Hawaii Coast.
- The US Missile Defence Agency (MDA) and the Navy successfully conducts a missile defense test off the coast of Hawaii.
- North Korea says its missile launch was to counter the US and South Korean military drills.
To Indian Ocean conference Sri Lanka welcomes Sushma Swaraj.
- To attend two day Indian Ocean Conference Sri Lanka welcomes External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj visit to the nation.
- India Foundation the Delhi-based think tank, will host the Indian Ocean Conference 2017.
- The conference will see participation from around 35 countries.
As temperatures rise the Caspian Sea is evaporating says the study.
- The Caspian Sea in the United States is only a metre away from dipping down to the historic low water levels seen in the 1970s.
- As per the research water levels in the Caspian Sea drops nearly seven centimetres per year from 1996 to 2015.
Business Current Affairs Events – 2017 August 31st Current Affairs
Amitesh Jha Flipkart’s old timer to head Ekart.
- Flipkart moves one of its oldest executives Amitesh Jha to head Ekart, the logistics arm of the company.
- Jha, who has been with Flipkart since 2010, had previously worked with the Ekart team.
Current Affairs Today August 31 2017 – Science and Technology News
India’s First Private Sector Satellite To Be Launched By ISRO Today.
- India is ready to launch its first private sector built navigation satellite today at 6.59 pm from Sriharikota.
- The satellite will replace one of NAVIC’s seven satellites that is malfunctioning.
- Over eight months the new satellite was built by a consortium led by Alpha Design Technologies, a defense equipment supplier from Bengaluru.
- Starting with Aryabhatta in 1975 the Indian space agency has conducted 150 missions over the last three decades.
Appointments News – Latest Current Affairs
Dara Khosrowshahi is new CEO of Uber.
- Uber hires Expedia boss Dara Khosrowshahi as its new chief executive.
- Khosrowshahi will replace Uber co-founder Travis Kalanick.
- Khosrowshahi got credit with turning Expedia into a global travel services behemoth.
Today Current Affairs GK Updates – Astronomy News
Cassini spacecraft will end its 13-year mission to Saturn.
- The first spacecraft to orbit Saturn Cassini will make the last of 22 farewell dives between the planet’s rings and the surface on Sept. 15.
- Cassini spacecraft will end its 13-year mission to Saturn.
- The spacecraft will provide near real-time data on the atmosphere until it loses contact with Earth at 4:54 a.m. PDT (1154 GMT) on Sept. 15.
31 August 2017 Current Affairs – Sports Updates
Tottenham sign Juan Foyth the Argentina defender.
- Tottenham Hotspur completes the third signing of the transfer window by signing Juan Foyth.
- No transfer fee was disclosed by Tottenham for Foyth, who represented Argentina at the 2017 Under-20 World Cup.
Arsenal left-back Kieran Gibbs is signed by West Brom.
- West Bromwich Albion signs left back Keiran Gibbs from Premier League rivals Arsenal on a four-year contract.
- The 27-year-old, who has 10 caps for England.
- He made more than 200 appearances for Arsenal over more than a decade.
Obituary News – Current Affairs Today August 31 2017
Sumiteru Taniguchi, Postman who survived Nagasaki atom bomb dies at 88.
- Sumiteru Taniguchi Prominent nuclear disarmament campaigner died at the age of 88.
- He was delivering mail in Nagasaki when the United States dropped an atomic bomb in 1945.
- He was once considered a front-runner for the Nobel Peace Prize.
|Read 30th August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|