Read the latest Current Affairs Today October 10 2017 here. This page has important Current Events updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 10th October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 10th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 10th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 10 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Important Current Affairs – Highlights of Today Current Affairs
National News – Current Affairs Today October 10 2017
Hyderabad Metro will soon run a trial run till Begumpet.
- The Hyderabad Metro Rail will be conducting the Mettuguda to Begumpet trial run as the electric wiring energisation has been completed.
- Engineers say that after inspection, we will allow for trial runs which will start soon.
- Mr Shivanand Nimbargi, managing director of L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad Ltd says We are going to bring the services of Metro Rail to the people at the earliest.
- Metro rail from Nagole to Ameerpet and Miyapur to Ameerpet are announced to be starting from November.
UP Minister says that Taj Mahal rightly kept out of UP tourism booklet.
- Cabinet minister of the state Laxmi Narayan Chaudhary says that Taj Mahal was rightly kept out of the tourism booklet of Uttar Pradesh.
- He says it should instead be replaced with the Guru Gorakhnath peeth.
- Laxmi Narayan Chaudhary says that Taj Mahal is not a symbol of any religion and it is nobody.
- He also said that necessary step as UP govt is rashtravadi (nationalist) and runs on dharma niti (religious policy).
More National News Updates – Today Current Affairs Updates
As per Current Affairs Today October 10 2017, Government asks NGOs to register with NITI Aayog platform DARPAN.
- In a notification released by the ministry says that existing NGOs, which were registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, and those which are seeking registration or prior permission or accepting foreign contributions are required to register with the DARPAN portal of the NITI Aayog.
- The portal enables NGOs to enrol centrally and thus facilitates the creation of a repository of information about NGOs sector-wise.
- It facilitates NGOs to obtain a system generated unique ID as when signed.
Union Education Minister Prakash Javadekar says no plan to change Universities names
- Union Education Minister Prakash Javadekar says there are no plans to drop Muslim and Hindu from the names of Aligarh Muslim University and Banaras Hindu University.
- Mr Javadekar says that the government has no intention to change the names of AMU and BHU.
- According to the UGC panel, the universities can be simply called Aligarh University and Banaras University or be renamed after their founders.
10th October 2017 Current Affairs – International Events
Germany says that India and EU failed to realize trade potential.
- India and Europe have failed to realise their potential says Germany.
- Addressing journalists in an annual India-Germany media dialogue, Martin Ney, German ambassador expressed his disappointment.
- He says there are good reasons for India to engage EU in a deeper way than before.
Google celebrates explorer, Fridtjof Nansen birth anniversary with a doodle.
- Google today celebrates the 156th birth anniversary of Fridtjof Nansen with a doodle, Norwegian polar explorer.
- He is the first High Commissioner for Refugees who came up with the Nansen passports.
- Apart from being an explorer, Nansen was a scientist, diplomat and political activist.
- In 1919, Nansen became the president of the Norwegian Union of the League of Nations.
- He died on May 13, 1930, leading a life of adventure, research and humanitarianism.
Business Updates – 10 October 2017 Current Affairs
Reliance Jio and Apple tied up making iPhone users attractive – Current Affairs Today October 10 2017
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio has teamed up with Cupertino, US-based Apple to launch the latest iPhone 8 and iPhone X along with Jio connection.
- He teamed up with Apple in order to garner more users for its telecom network.
- The two companies recently announced their partnership in which Jio has promised to buy back the new models of iPhones at an attractive price.
- As part of the offer, Reliance will buy back the high-end phones after 12 months. In return, customers will get 70 percent of the price of their iPhone.
Bharti Airtel launches VoLTE services for Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh.
- Country’s largest telecom company Bharti Airtel announces the launch of its Voice over LTE (VoLTE) services across Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
- Airtel VoLTE, which works over 4G, will offer customers high definition quality voice calls along with faster call set up time.
- Airtel VoLTE will be available on popular 4G/LTE enabled mobile devices, which must have an Airtel 4G SIM.
Current Affairs Today October 10 2017 – Awards News
Nobel in Economics Is Awarded to Richard Thaler.
- One of the founding fathers of nudge theory, which has helped boost British tax receipts has been awarded the 2017 Nobel prize for economics.
- Richard Thaler co-wrote a bestselling book on the nudge concept read by politicians around the world.
- The Nobel committee, announcing the award in Stockholm, says it was honouring Professor Thaler for his pioneering work in establishing that people are predictably irrational.
Appointments News – Current Affairs Today
Justice Ramesh to take charge as acting Chief Justice of Karnataka.
- Senior judge at Karnataka high court, Justice HG Ramesh takes the appointment as Chief Justice at state top court.
- He takes charge after the current chief justice SK Mukherjee will retire from service on October 9.
- The newly appointed judge is expected to take over his charge today.
Current Affairs 10th October 2017 – Resignations Updates
Current Affairs Today October 10 2017 – Mukul Roy to resign from Rajya Sabha on Oct 11.
- Suspended Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy says he will resign from his Rajya Sabha seat on October 11.
- He says that finally, I am going to hand over my resignation to the Vice President on October 11.
- After the resignation, he will tell the people of this country why I decided to end my long political innings with the TMC.
Shivakumar Pepsi India CEO Quits from his post.
- D Shivakumar, chairman & CEO of PepsiCo India, has quit the food and beverage giant.
- He will join the Aditya Birla Group as group head for corporate business development and strategy.
- Shivakumar joined Pepsi-Co India in December 2013.
- Prior to that, he served as MD of Nokia India and its senior vice-president for India, Middle East and Africa.
- He was PepsiCo’s first outsider CEO since Rajeev Bakshi, who headed the company from 2001 to 2006.
Sports News – Current Affairs Today October 10 2017
Jeakson scores historic first goal for India in FIFA U-17 World Cup.
- Jeakson Singh made his name in the history books of Indian football forever as he scored India’s first ever goal in a FIFA competition.
- The 16-year-old from Manipur is the defensive midfielder in Luis Norton’s India U-17 team at the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017.
- Despite his goal, India went down fighting 1-2 to Colombia.
Egypt enters 2018 World Cup with the help of Salah goals.
- Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah converted a stoppage-time penalty to give Egypt a win and a place at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
- The victory gave Egypt an uncatchable four-point lead over Uganda in Group E with one round of fixtures remaining in the group.
- Egypt last qualified for the World Cup in 1990.
- Nigeria became the first African qualifiers Saturday with a 1-0 Group B win over Zambia.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 9-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 9-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.