Read the latest Current Affairs Today October 11 2017 here. This page has important 11th October 2017 Current Affairs updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 11th October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 11th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 11th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 11 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Important Current Affairs – Highlights of Today Current Affairs
National News – Current Affairs Today October 11 2017
Tourism minister K J Alphons proposes to make eye donation mandatory.
- Tourism minister K J Alphons has proposed that the government make eye donations compulsory for all Indians.
- Despite awareness programmes, only 45,000 Indians donate their eyes annually.
- He announces an event Blind walk 2017, an eye donation campaign by Bengaluru-based NGO Project Vision on October 12, World Sight Day.
- K J Alphons says that by doing this, Sri Lanka has become the largest donor of corneas to the world.
On Saryu River Yogi Adityanath government proposes Lord Rama statue.
- The Yogi Adityanath government plans to install a statue of Lord Rama on banks of the River Saryu.
- They want to organise a grand Diwali this time in Ayodhya by illuminating the town and lighting 1.71 lakh earthen diyas.
- The statue will get installation only after clearance from the National Green Tribunal, principal secretary Awanish Awasthi.
- The objective of this is to promote Ayodhya, the birthplace of Lord Rama, as a tourist destination.
More National Updates – Current Affairs 11th October 2017
Chhattisgarh Government bans the use of firecrackers with high decibel levels.
- The Chhattisgarh government imposes a ban on the use of firecrackers with high decibels and those highly contributing to air pollution during Diwali.
- Moreover, as per the circular, the bursting of the firecrackers will be prohibited between 10 pm to 6 am.
- The official says a distance of at least 100 metres should be maintained from hospitals, educational institutes, religious places while bursting crackers.
- Yesterday, the Supreme Court had banned the sale of firecrackers in Delhi-NCR till November 1.
Maharashtra, Gujarat, Himachal cut VAT, fuel to get cheaper.
- Maharashtra, Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh made an announcement in cutting down the Value Added Tax (VAT) on petrol and diesel.
- This will get effective from today midnight, to bring down fuel prices in the three states.
- BJP-ruled Maharashtra and Gujarat announced a 4 percent VAT cut, the Congress-ruled Himachal Pradesh cut VAT by 1 percent.
- With the VAT cut, the Maharashtra government is likely to suffer a loss of around Rs. 2,500 crores.
International Affairs – 11th October 2017 Current Affairs
As per reports, North Korea hacked Seoul’s war plan – Current Affairs Today October 11 2017
- North Korean computer hackers have stolen hundreds of classified military documents from South Korea including detailed wartime operational plans.
- Rhee Cheol-Hee, a lawmaker for the ruling Democratic party, said the hackers had broken into the South’s military network last September and gained access to 235 gigabytes of sensitive data.
- Rhee says that 80 percent of the leaked documents had yet to be identified.
- In May the ministry said North Korea had hacked into Seoul’s military intranet but did not say what had been leaked.
Japan election campaign begins, PM Shinzo Abe pledges stability.
- The official 12-day campaigning period for Japan’s Oct. 22 lower house election kicked off.with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s ruling party facing challenges from regrouped opposition forces
- It kicked off with the Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s ruling party facing challenges from regrouped opposition forces.
- Up for grabs are 465 seats in the more powerful of Japan’s two-chamber parliament.
Current Affairs Today October 11 2017 – Business Updates
LifeCell takes over operations of Cryo-Save India.
- LifeCell, an umbilical cord stem cell bank, made an announcement that it is taking over the operations of Cryo-Save India.
- It is taking the operations for the formal transfer of all of its 18000 cryopreserved umbilical cord units and corresponding customer agreements to LifeCell.
- Cryo Save’s unit at Bengaluru will be shut down and the units will be shifted to Chennai.
- LifeCell’s storage facilities in Chennai & Gurgaon currently has more than 2,70,000 samples preserved umbilical cord blood and tissue stem cell units.
Mahindra to switch focus to petrol engines.
- Mahindra & Mahindra, a traditionally strong diesel player, made the announcement that it will switch gears to focus attention on petrol engines.
- Goenka says that the company will have petrol engines to cater to its entire portfolio of products by 2020.
- Alongside its petrol push, M&M will also be going electric with a vengeance and plans to launch electric variants on all crossover SUVs in the future.
Today Current Affairs – Science and Technology News
US spacewalkers install New Eyes at the space station.
- Two US astronauts installed a high-definition video camera at the International Space Station yesterday.
- NASA spokesman Rob Navias describes the camera equipment as offering “new eyes” to the orbiting outpost.
- The spacewalk was the second in five days for Bresnik and his NASA colleague Mark Vande Hei.
As per Current Affairs Today October 11 2017 Asteroid to give earth a near-miss on Thursday.
- A house-sized asteroid will give Earth a near-miss on Thursday, passing harmlessly inside the Moon’s orbit.
- Dubbed 2012 TC4, the space rock will shave past at an altitude of less than 44,000 kilometres just above the 36,000-km plane at which hundreds of geosynchronous satellites orbit the Earth.
- NASA’s Mike Kelley says there is no danger to the earth and other satellites.
Resignations and Retirements – Latest Current Events Updates
Robben retires from international football after Netherlands miss world cup – Current Affairs Today October 11 2017
- Arjen Robben has announced his retirement from international football following the Netherlands’s failure to make the 2018 World Cup.
- Arjen Robben who is 33-year-old made his debut with the national team in 2003.
- Robben finishes his international career adding 29 assists to his 37 goals.
Sports Affairs – 11 October 2017 Current Affairs
Virat Kohli records first-ever duck in T20Is.
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli fails to open his account in the second Twenty20 international against Australia in Guwahati.
- He has his first-ever duck in the T20Is after playing for 47 innings in 51 matches.
- Aussie pacer Jason Behrendorff dismissed Kohli for the duck in his 48th innings.
- Before Kohli, it was Pakistani batsman Shoaib Malik who held the record of taking most number of innings (40) to get out on duck in the Twenty20 cricket.
On the opening day of track Asia cup, Indian cyclists win five gold medals.
- Indian cyclists grabbed nine medals, including five gold, to open their campaign on a rousing note in the Track Asia Cup at the IG Stadium Complex Velodrome.
- Eight final events were held on an opening day and India won gold in five of them.
- India has also won four silver medals.
Dehradun to host first Ranji Trophy match.
- The picturesque capital of the hill state Dehradun will host its first ever Ranji Trophy cricket match later this month.
- The Ranji Trophy match will be played between October 24 and Oct 27.
- The match would be played between Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh teams.
Important Sports News – Current Affairs Today October 11 2017
Messi Hat-trick seals Argentina world cup qualification.
- Lionel Messi is the saviour for Argentina with his stunning hat-trick over Ecuador. and World Cup qualification for Russia 2018
- With this victory, Argentina enters the World Cup qualification for Russia 2018.
- Two-time world champions Argentina were in danger of missing the showpiece tournament for the first time since 1970.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 10-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 10-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.