Read the latest Current Affairs Today October 12 2017 here. This page has important 12th October 2017 Current Affairs updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 12th October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 12th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 12th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 12 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Important Current Affairs – Highlights of Today Current Affairs
National News – Current Affairs October 12th 2017
Shri Ram Nath Kovind inaugurates India Water Week-2017 in New Delhi.
- In New Delhi, the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated India Water Week-2017.
- The President said that currently, 80 percent of water in India is used by agriculture and only 15 percent by industry.
- Ram Nath Kovind says that in urban India, 40 billion litres of wastewater is produced every day.
- The government has prepared a strategic plan for ensuring drinking water supply in all rural areas by 2022.
- By that year, the goal is to cover 90 percent of rural households with piped water supply.
Bengaluru to be the first Aadhaar-enabled airport in the country by Dec 2018.
- The Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) has given the push to its plan.
- The plan is to make Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) the country’s first airport to have complete Aadhaar-enabled entry and biometric boarding system.
- According to the Request For Proposal (RFP) issued by BIAL, the airport is expected to be completely Aadhaar-enabled by December 2018.
- The new move will speed up the validation process and provide a significant increase in security.
Important National Updates – Current Affairs Today October 12 2017
Devendra Fadnavis Signs Up As ‘Decision Maker’ On Social Change Petition Website.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has signed up as a ‘decision maker’ on a global social change technology platform.
- This platform made a chance to engage directly with citizen issues and campaigns.
- Mr Fadnavis launched his official decision maker profile on Change.org.
- A decision maker (DM) feature on Change.org allows a leader to publicly respond to citizens on issues of public interest.
India to send 3 Lakh youth to Japan for on-Job Training.
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan says that India will send three lakh youth to Japan for on-job training for 3-5 years as part of the government’s skill development programme.
- Dharmendra says that Union Cabinet has approved the signing of Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India and Japan on the ‘Technical Intern Training Program (TITP)’.
- The MoC is expected to be signed during his three-day visit to Tokyo starting October 16.
- Japan will bear the financial cost of the skill training of Indian technical interns.
Current Affairs Today – International News
As per Current Affairs Today October 12 2017 F-35 stealth fighter data stolen in Australia defence hack.
- Sensitive data about Australia’s F- 35 stealth fighter and P-8 surveillance aircraft programmes were stolen when a defence subcontractor was hacked.
- The hackers used a tool called China Chopper which according to security experts is widely used by Chinese actors.
- Some 30GB of sensitive data subjected to restricted access under the US government’s International Traffic in Arms Regulations rules were stolen.
Donald Trump nominates Kirstjen Nielsen, to lead homeland security.
- President Donald Trump will nominate Kirstjen Nielsen, who is the top aid to his White House chief of staff to lead the US Department of Homeland Security.
- Nielsen, 45, is a cybersecurity expert with a considerable resume in homeland security that includes work at the department’s Transportation Security Administration.
- Nielsen was retired Marine Corps General John Kelly’s chief of staff when he was secretary of homeland security during the opening months of Trump’s presidency.
Business News – Current Affairs Today October 12 2017
IGL launches prepaid smart cards for CNG, cooking gas.
- Indraprastha Gas Ltd, the sole supplier of CNG and piped natural gas in the national capital region, launches pre-paid smart cards to provide consumers with a digital option for making payments.
- Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan says the launch of the new cards is part of Digital India Campaign by PM Modi.
- He says that is a good move towards a less-cash society.
- IGL Smart Card is a prepaid Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled card for fleet and retail CNG customers.
Aadhaar-linked loans from fintech app.
- IVL Finance, a fintech startup promoted by the Indiabulls group, is launching an app that will allow Indian consumers to get personal loans within minutes.
- This is the first fintech facility in India, named Dhani, which links almost all the banks in the country on a single platform using Aadhaar.
- NACH is an automated fund transfer facility used by business houses while UPI is mainly used by individuals.
Today Current Affairs Updates – Appointments News
Anupam Kher takes the appointment as new FTII’s chairman – Current Affairs Today October 12 2017
- Gajendra Chauhan the chief of India’s premier film and television school appoints actor Anupam Kher as the chairman of the Film and Television Institute of India.
- Kher replaces Chauhan, whose selection in 2014 ran into rough weather.
- Anupam Kher has led NSD and the Central Board of Film Certification in the past.
Sports Updates – Current Affairs Today October 12 2017
Ashish Nehra to retire after New Zealand T20 at Kotla.
- Ashish Nehra has reached the finishing point of his international career by announcing retirement from T20.
- He has picked the T20I against NZ, to be played on Nov 1, to be his final match for India
- Nehra, who had retired from Test cricket 10 years ago, has had an injury-plagued career which spanned 18 years.
- He was brought into the T20 side for the series against Australia after a gap of 8 months.
In World Junior Badminton Championship India beat Sweden 3-2.
- India defeated Sweden 3-2 in a Group D match of mixed team event to set up a clash with Malaysia in the final stage of the World Junior Badminton Championships.
- India, who blanked USA, Hungary and Australia 5-0 in the last two days, registered wins in the men’s singles, women singles and mixed doubles event.
- Lakshya Sen who won the Bulgarian Open this year, then dumped Colin Hammarberg 21-11 21-9 in the men’s singles match to give India a 2-0 lead.
Latest 12th October 2017 Current Updates – More Sports News
FIFA bans Pakistan from International Football.
- Pakistan has been banned from international football by world global soccer body FIFA.
- FIFA said in a statement that the suspension would prevent Pakistani teams, including the national side, from playing in international competition.
- The suspension will be lifted once the PFF offices and access to the PFF accounts return to the PFF.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 11-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 11-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read Current Affairs Today October 12 2017, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz. It helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.