Read the latest Current Affairs here. This page has important 13th October 2017 Current Events updates. Current Affairs Today October 13 2017 will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 13th October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read and take the 13th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 13th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 13 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Current Affairs 13th October 2017 – Highlights of Today Current Events
Current Affairs Today October 13 2017 – National Affairs
BEML Showcases its Technological Prowess at IREE-2017.
- Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML), a Public Sector Company is participating in the three day International Railway Equipment Exhibition-2017.
- The exhibition is being held at PragatiMaidan, New Delhi from 11 – 13 October 2017.
- IREE is India’s largest international event for the Railway Sector.
- BEML bags orders for Supply of Metro Cars to Kolkata Metro, Intermediate Cars to Bangalore Metro and EMUs for Indian railways.
Union Textiles Minister inaugurates IHGF – Delhi Fair Autumn 2017.
- Union Minister for Textiles Smriti Irani inaugurates the EPCH Indian Handicrafts and Gift Fair (Autumn) 2017 at India Expo Center and Mart, Greater Noida.
- At the occasion, she congratulated EPCH for their consistent efforts in promoting artisans and handicrafts in India.
- She also applauded the large scale of Delhi Fair (Autumn) 2017 and welcomed foreign delegates to this grand B2B festival.
Minister of Commerce & Industry Suresh Prabhu kick-starts Make in India: Sweden 2017.
- Suresh Prabhu has invited Swedish firms to explore business opportunities in India and assured potential investors all support.
- According to the Commerce Ministry statement, the “Make in India: Sweden 2017” event began on Thursday in Stockholm in order to enhance Indo-Swedish cooperation.
- The Indian delegation for the two-day event is being led by Prabhu and includes Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
UP government launches ‘Sankalp Seva’ bus service – Current Affairs Today October 13 2017
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Aditynath flags off 50 buses under the ‘Sankalp Seva’ service in Lucknow.
- State Transport Minister Swatantra Dev Singh was also present at the event.
- These buses will connect as many as 6,000 villages.
- He says that the state government will construct Gaurav Marg Path, in that Gaurav Marg Path, there will be statues of the martyrs.
International News – Current Events Today
French President Emmanuel Macron to visit India in Dec to launch solar alliance.
- French President Emmanuel Macron and PM Narendra Modi in December will share their sunshine moment in India to formalise the International Solar Alliance.
- Macron will be in Delhi from December 8 to 10 and hold official talks with PM Modi, France’s ambassador to India Alexandre Ziegler.
- This will be the second meeting between the two leaders who had exchanged notes during Modi’s visit to Paris in June.
13th October 2017 Current Affairs – Defence News
Indian Naval Ships Satpura and Kadmatt visit Sasebo, Japan.
- Indian Naval Ships Satpura and Kadmatt will participate in an exercise with the Japanese Marine Self Defence Force.
- INS Satpura and Kadmatt are visiting Sasebo, Japan, from October 12 to 15.
- After completing the harbour phase, the ships will take part in Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with the Murusame Class destroyer, JS Kirisame.
Dilli Seminar 2017 Edition Commences at Indian Naval Academy – Current Affairs Today October 13 2017
- The 2016 edition of the annual Dilli seminar on Regional Instabilities in Indian Ocean Rim States – Legacy of Maritime Conquest and Colonisation commenced at the Indian Naval Academy (INA).
- Admiral Arun Prakash PVSM, AVSM, VrC, VSM (Retd), the former Chief of Naval Staff delivered the keynote address at the inaugural session.
- The Dilli seminar 2016 edition, continues to serve its purpose of appraising the Indian Naval Academy cadets about the rich maritime history and heritage of the nation.
Business Updates – Current Affairs Today October 13 2017
Indian Air Force launches the Mobile Health App MedWatch.
- On the occasion of its 85th anniversary, the Indian Air Force launches an innovative mobile health App named MedWatch.
- They launched the application in keeping with the Prime Minister’s vision Digital India.
- MedWatch, available on the IAF’s AFCEL network, comprises a host of features that will provide authentic health information to all IAF personnel.
- MedWatch, the first mobile health app in the three Armed Services, was launched by Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa.
Bharti Airtel to acquire Tata’s consumer mobile business.
- The country’s top telecommunication carrier Bharti Airtel will acquire the consumer mobile business of Tata Teleservices and Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra) Ltd, the companies.
- Under the agreement, Bharti Airtel will acquire Tata Teleservices’s consumer mobile business operations across India in 19 circles.
- In March this year, Airtel’s rivals — Vodafone India and Idea Cellular had announced merger plans to create India’s largest telecom firm.
Today Current Updates – Appointments News
Shri Mahesh Kumar Gupta takes the appointment as New Member Engineering Railway Board.
- Shri Mahesh Kumar Gupta takes the appointment as new Member (Engineering) Railway Board and ex officio Secretary to the Government of India.
- Shri Gupta, an officer of Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE) of 1979 batch, and is a Bachelor in Engineering from the University of Roorkee in the year 1979.
- Prior to this assignment, he was General Manager, Modern Coach Factory, Rae Bareli. He worked as Chief Administrative Officer (Constructions), Central Railway.
- He worked as Chief Administrative Officer (Constructions), Central Railway.
Sports News – Current Affairs Today October 13 2017
Javier Mascherano to quit Argentina after World Cup.
- Veteran Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano said that he will step down from international duty after the 2018 World Cup.
- The versatile Barcelona star, who turns 34 next June, is Argentina’s second most-capped player with 139 appearances for his country.
- He is also a four-time runner-up in the Copa America — finishing on the losing side in 2004, 2007, 2015 and 2016.
- Mascherano joined Barcelona from Liverpool in 2010 and is under contract at the Camp Nou until 2019.
Ireland to make Test debut against Pakistan in 2018.
- Ireland will play their first ever Test match against Pakistan on home soil next May.
- Afghanistan and Ireland became full members of the International Cricket Council (ICC) in June, taking the number of countries who play the five-day format of the game from 10 to 12.
- Irish captain William Porterfield welcomed confirmation of the match, saying: “It’s fantastic news for Irish cricket.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 12-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 12-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read Current Affairs Today October 13 2017, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz. It helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.