Read the latest Current Affairs here. This page has important 14th October 2017 Current Affairs updates. Current Affairs Today October 14 2017 will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 14th October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read and take the 14th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 14th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 14 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Current Affairs 14th October 2017 – Highlights of Today Current Events
Current Affairs Today – National Updates
GoAir flights to operate from IGIA’s T2 from October 29.
- From October 29 and GoAir will operate all its flights in and out of Delhi from IGI Airport’s terminal 2.
- The low-cost carrier (LCC), which has only domestic flights, will move its entire Delhi operations of 44 daily arrivals.
- Three LCCs — IndiGo, SpiceJet and GoAir — operate their domestic flights from the bursting at seams T1.
In Bihar, Prime Minister to lay the foundation stone of multiple sewerage and highways projects.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone of four sewerage and four National Highways in Bihar.
- The project is worth over 3,760 crores.
- The cost of four sewerage projects at Beur, Karmalichak and Saidpur has estimated at Rs 738.04 crore under the ‘Namami Gange.
- After completion of these 11 projects, Patna will become a town having 100% sewerage infrastructure and no sewage water will drain into River Ganga.
Current Affairs Today October 14 2017 – India ranked 100th among 119 as hunger gets worse.
- As per the Global Hunger Index India has been ranked 100th among 119 developing countries in the world.
- India is behind North Korea, Bangladesh but ahead of Pakistan.
- India was ranked 97th last year.
- Among India’s neighbouring countries, China ranks the highest at 29.
DoP launches Sampoorna Bima Gram Yojana; extends PLI reach.
- The Department of Post launched Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana and expanded the coverage of Postal Life Insurance to professionals.
- The two initiatives were launched by Communications Minister Manoj Sinha in Delhi.
- Under the new Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana, a minimum of one village will be taken up in each of the districts of the country, and efforts will be made to cover all households of the village with at least one Rural Postal Life Insurance policy each.
International News – Current Affairs Today October 14 2017
UNESCO to pick new chief after US walkout.
- The United Nations cultural agency will elect a new chief, seeking someone who can revive UNESCO’s fortunes after the United States and Israel pulled out.
- Whoever gets the job will need to restore relevance to the agency.
- Their mission is to protect the world’s cultural and natural heritage which has hobbled by regional rivalries and a lack of money.
US, South Korea to launch major navy drill next week.
- US Navy says that the United States and South Korea will kick off a major navy drill next week.
- The exercise will take place from October 16 to 26 in the Sea of Japan and the Yellow Sea, would promote communications, interoperability, and partnership.
Today Current Affairs 14th October 2017 – Business News
Idea, Vodafone may also offer 4G smartphones.
- Vodafone India and Idea Cellular are set to join the race to provide a low-cost smartphone to the customers.
- Idea Cellular and Vodafone India are offering a 4G phone at an effective price of around or less than Rs 1,500.
- Vodafone and Idea are in talks with smartphone makers Lava and Karbonn to develop a 4G phone under Rs 1,500.
- Idea and Vodafone are also in the process of a mega-merger to create the country’s largest telecom operator.
Reports say that Tesla fires hundreds of employees – Current Affairs Today October 14 2017
- Luxury electric vehicle maker Tesla Inc fired between 400 and 700 employees this week, including engineers, managers and factory workers.
- Tesla says in an emailed statement that the dismissals were a result of a company-wide annual review.
- The company delivered 220 Model 3 sedans and produced 260 during the third quarter.
Appointments Affairs – Current Affairs Today October 14 2017
Gautam Bambawale takes the appointment as the new ambassador to China.
- Seasoned diplomat Gautam Bambawale, India’s high commissioner to Pakistan, takes the appointment as the country’s next envoy to China.
- Gautam Bambawale will replace Vijay Gokhale.
- He has also functioned as the Deputy Chief of Mission of the Indian Embassy in Beijing.
Srinivas Phatak is new CFO of Hindustan Unilever (HUL).
- HUL India’s largest packaged consumer goods maker has appointed Srinivas Phatak as chief financial officer and executive director of finance and information technology.
- He is currently vice president (VP)-finance services, at Unilever NV.
- He replaces P.B. Balaji who made an announcement about his resignation last month and will join Tata Motors Ltd as CFO.
Latest Current Affairs – Resignations News
Bruce Arena resigns as USA coach after failure to reach World Cup.
- Bruce Arena has stepped down as coach of the US men’s national team after they failed to qualify for next summer’s World Cup.
- His team ended in a 2-1 defeat to Trinidad & Tobago in the qualification campaign.
- This means that the US missed out on the World Cup for the first time since 1986.
Defence Updates – Current Affairs Today October 14 2017
India rules out joining NPT as non-nuclear weapon state.
- India has ruled out the possibility of joining the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) as a non-nuclear weapon state.
- But it says it will remain committed to a unilateral voluntary moratorium on nuclear explosive testing.
- Disarmament Amandeep Singh Gill says that India’s position on the NPT is well-known and should require no reiteration.
14th October Current Affairs – Science and Technology
Sun-like twin stars that devoured their own planets were discovered.
- Scientists made a discovery to Sun-like twin stars, one of which may have ingested a dozen or more of its own rocky planets.
- It is located at 350 light years from earth.
- The planet-devouring star was named the star after Titan Kronos – a mythological character.
- Researchers from Princeton University in the US confirmed that the widely separated pair about 350 light years from Earth are in fact a binary pair
Sports Updates – Current Affairs Today
Current Affairs Today October 14 2017 – India crush Bangladesh 7-0 in Asia Cup hockey.
- With an outstanding performance, India beat Bangladesh 7-0, registering their second consecutive win at the men’s Asia Cup hockey tournament.
- With this victory, India Jumps to the top position in Pool A with six points.
- India won over Japan with an aggregate of 5-1 in their opening match.
- India will face Pakistan this Sunday which is their last match in pool A.
Shakib the first cricketer from Bangladesh to be in MCC World Cricket Committee.
- Premier all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan became the first cricketer from Bangladesh to be in the MCC World Cricket Committee.
- He is in the committee under the chairmanship of Mike Gatting.
- He was previously a member of the World Cricket committee from its inception in 2006 until 2012.
Current Affairs Today October 14 2017 – Obituary News
Historian Satish Chandra passes away.
- Veteran and one of India’s eminent historian Satish Chandra passed away on Friday evening at the age of 95.
- Satish’s important works include Mughal Empire and its downfall.
- He was also the author of NCERT’s leading history book ‘History of Medieval India’ which is widely preferred in schools and colleges around India.
- He was Chairman of the University Grants Commission from 1976 to 1981, and Vice-Chairman of the body from 1973 to 1976.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 13-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 13-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read Current Affairs Today October 14 2017, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz. It helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.
You have Searched for
|Current Affairs Today||Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs||Current Affairs 2017|