Read the latest Current Affairs here. This page has important 15th October 2017 Current Affairs updates. Current Affairs Today October 15 2017 will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 15th October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read and take the 15th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 15th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 15 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Current Affairs 15th October 2017 – Highlights of Today Current Events
Current Affairs Today October 15 2017 – National News
Hyderabad High Court makes Gram Sabha nod mandatory for liquor shops.
- The Hyderabad High Court directed the Telangana government not to grant the licence, to establish liquor retail outlets in the scheduled areas without the resolution of the gram sabha.
- A division bench consisting of Chief Justice Ramesh Ranganathan and Justice M. Ganga Rao gave the direction when disposing of an appeal by Podem Ratnam challenging an order of a single judge.
- Ratnam had filed a writ petition against the government notification, to grant the license to sell liquor in 17 villages in the scheduled areas of Jayashankar Bhupalapally district.
Bihar Cabinet approves reservation for ‘Divyangs’ in Govt Jobs.
- The Bihar Cabinet has approved reservations for persons with disabilities in government jobs and educational institutions.
- The cabinet gave its approval during a meeting presided by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Cabinet Secretariat Department Special Secretary Upendra Nath Pandey.
- The provision has been brought in accordance with the Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
- The cabinet also approved the establishment of a state advisory board for the empowerment of ‘Divyangjan’ as envisaged in the Act.
More National News Updates – Current Events Today
West Bengal to set up Scheduled Caste advisory council.
- The West Bengal cabinet today decided to set up a Scheduled Caste advisory council to look into the development of the Scheduled Caste population in the state.
- There are 66 Assembly seats in Bengal reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates.
- Mamata Banerjee says we are the first Indian state to form such a council.
- The government is yet to decide who would be the chairman of the council and what will the strength of the committee.
Rajasthan assembly first in India to call motions online.
- Going digital, the Rajasthan assembly has become the first in India to call attention and adjournment motions.
- They made a proposal online from legislators to send them to the state government.
- Speaker Kailash Meghwal inaugurated the new system by sending a call for an attention motion to the state government with a click of a mouse.
- The system is expected to save time, labour and use of paper in the functioning of the assembly.
- This system will also help legislators in bringing attention to urgent public issues.
International Updates – Current Affairs Today
World’s first ‘negative emissions’ power plant that turns CO2 into STONE switched on in Iceland.
- A radical new ‘negative emissions’ power plant has begun operations in Iceland.
- The EU-backed project at one of the world’s largest geothermal power plants in Hellisheidi, Iceland, will capture CO2 from ambient air for permanent storage underground.
- Although still at pilot scale, researchers hope the scheme could be scaled up across the globe.
- The CO2 reacts with the basaltic bedrock and forms solid minerals, creating a permanent storage solution.
As per Safe Cities Index 2017, Tokyo is world’s safest city, Delhi is 43rd on the list.
- Tokyo has once again topped the list of The Economist’s Safe Cities Index 2017 while Delhi and Mumbai ranked 43rd and 45th respectively.
- The index, produced by The Economist Intelligence Unit, was based on 49 indicators covering digital, health, infrastructure and personal security
- No US city has made it to the top 10 in the security category and only San Francisco appeared in the top 20.
Mitra Shakti 2017: India-Sri Lanka Joint Military Exercise held in Pune.
- The fifth India-Sri Lanka joint training exercise “Mitra Shakti 2017” focusing on counter-terrorism operations took place at Aundh Military Station in Pune.
- The exercise is based on counter-terrorist operations and an infantry company from both countries.
- The grand opening ceremony commenced with a parade, followed by skill displays carried out by troops from both countries.
- The exercise will be conducted for next 14 days till 26 October and will involve sharing and learning from each others’ experiences,
Today Current Affairs – Business News
Union Bank launches Union Sahyog app – Current Affairs Today October 15 2017
- Union Bank of India has launched an Android app, Union Sahyog, as part of its drive to digitise customer-facing banking services.
- The Union Sahyog app is bilingual — offering both English and Hindi language — and packs in all mobile-based banking applications.
- It also offers extras such as branch locator, EMI calculator, social media links and digital banking information.
- Union Sahyog is currently available for download on the Google Play Store. An iOS version is in the work.
Agreements Updates – Today Current Affairs 15th October 2017
Yes Bank partners with Abu Dhabi Global Markets for collaboration on fintech.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM), the International Financial Centre in Abu Dhabi, and Yes Bank have signed a memorandum of understanding.
- They sign MoU to further foster cross-border exchange between the fintech ecosystems of the United Arab Emirates and India.
- The partnership with Abu Dhabi Global Markets will act as a springboard to create a borderless ecosystem for technology and talent, say Yes Bank CEO.
Current Affairs Today – Resignations News
Samsung CEO Kwon Oh-Hyun resigns as Company Predicts record profits.
- Kwon Oh-Hyun, Samsung Electronics’ CEO, vice chairman, and the head of its hugely successful components business, has announced his resignation.
- He will step down from the CEO role, as well as his positions on the board.
- He will step down as CEO of Samsung Display, in March 2018.as CEO of Samsung Display, in March 2018.
- Kwon is the Samsung Electronics CEO since 2012 and was named Samsung Display CEO in 2016.
- He joined the Samsung company in 1985.
Appointments Updates – Current Affairs Today October 15 2017
Mobikwik appoints former Jabong Vice president Rukaiya Rangwala as the business head of its payments gateway.
- MobiKwik, mobile wallet appoints Rukaiya Rangwala as the Business Head of ‘MobiKwik Payment Gateway’.
- The company had recently relaunches its payment gateway and aims to have over $5 billion worth of transactions processed on the platform by the end of 2017-18.
- Prior to joining MobiKwik, Rukaiya, who has 15 years of experience in the technology and e-commerce industry, spent two years working on the entrepreneurial venture.
October 15 2017 Current Affairs – Awards News
Current Affairs Today October 15 2017 – Singer T M Krishna wins Indira Gandhi National Integration.
- Carnatic vocalist T.M. Krishna will be conferred with the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for 2015-16.
- The singer won the Ramon Magsaysay award for bringing social inclusiveness in culture in 2016.
- The award consists of a citation and a cash prize of ₹10 lakh.
M K Sanu is chosen for Mathrubhumi literary award.
- Eminent critic, biographer and orator M K Sanu has been chosen for the Mathrubhumi Literary Award for 2016.
- The government is giving the award for the recognition of his rich contribution to the Malayalam literature.
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh, a citation and a statuette.
Current Affairs Today October 15 2017 – Sports Updates
Maria Sharapova wins Tianjin Open.
- Former world number one Maria Sharapova won her first title since May 2015, beating Aryna Sabalenka 7-5 7-6 (10-8) in the Tianjin Open final.
- The 30-year-old Russian was playing her seventh event since she returned to the tour in April from a 15-month drug ban.
- It is her five-time Grand Slam winner’s 36th WTA tournament victory.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 14-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 14-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read Current Affairs Today October 15 2017, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz. It helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.
You have Searched for
|Current Affairs Today||Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs||Current Affairs 2017|