Read the latest Current Affairs Today October 16 2017 here. This page has important Current Events updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 16th October 2017 sections with the latest things that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 16th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 16th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 16 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Important Current Affairs – Highlights of Today Current Affairs
Current Affairs Today October 16 2017 – National News
Indian Navy sends naval patrol aircraft to rescue Emerald Star survivors.
- India has dispatched a naval patrol aircraft to Manila, Philippines to search for sailors of the MV Emerald Star cargo ship that sank in the north-east of the Philippines.
- The P-8I patrol aircraft carried two ‘search and rescue’ kits with inflatable dinghies and emergency food and water supply to be dropped near the survivors.
- The 33,205-tonne cargo ship Emerald Star sank in the Pacific on Friday off the Philippines, due to a typhoon in the region.
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said 15 Indians were rescued, while 11 others are still missing.
Government to rank District Hospitals to improve Services.
- To improve health services, Niti Aayog and the health ministry, has started ranking district hospitals on the basis of their performance on health indicators.
- There are around 734 district hospitals across the country which provide secondary healthcare facilities to people. In addition to 300 other hospitals, such as women’s hospitals at the district level.
- The performance will be measured on indicators such as OPD per doctor, number of laboratory tests per technician, stock out rate of essential drugs, bed occupancy rate, C-section rate, blood bank replacement rate and post-surgical infection rate.
- Number of functional hospital beds per 1,00,000 population, ratio of doctors, nurses and paramedical staff are other factors used to measure the performance of district hospitals.
- The index will also use feedback from patients.
International News – Daily Current Affairs Updates
Princess Rima bint Bandar bin Sultan has become the first woman to lead a federation in Saudi Arabia.
- The princess has been appointed to head a Saudi multi-sports federation.
- Princess Rima bint Bandar bin Sultan has become the first woman to lead a federation covering sporting activities for men and women.
- In August 2016, the princess was the first woman to be named by the cabinet to a senior post in the kingdom’s equivalent of a Sports Ministry.
- She is the daughter of a former Saudi ambassador to Washington, Prince Bandar bin Sultan.
- Princess Rima is also a graduate in museology from an American University.
- Under Saudi Arabia’s guardianship system, a male family member must grant permission for a woman’s study, travel and other activities.
Business News – Current Affairs Today October 16 2017
Tractor sales for 2017 set to break the record of 2013-2014.
- Tractor sales are on the rise due to near normal monsoon.
- After four years, tractor sales set to break the record of 6.27 lakh units set in 2013-14.
- Binaifer Jehani, Director at the research firm Crisil Research said they are expecting a growth of 11-13%, and sales up to 6.45 lakh units.
- Sales in August broke the all-time record for the month with a 34.4% increase and followed by September with 50.2%.
- India’s largest tractor maker, Mahindra & Mahindra, alone sold 44,000 units in September.
- International Tractors (ITL), makers of Sonalika tractors, sold 50,002 units during April-September.
Amazon invests Rs. 1,620 crores in Amazon Seller Services.
- Seattle-based Amazon Inc has invested another Rs 1,620 crore in Amazon Seller Services.
- According to documents filed with the Registrar of Companies (RoC), Amazon Singapore and Amazon Mauritius invested in the company last month.
- Amazon increased its capital commitment to $5 billion for India, it has invested over $2 billion in its Indian operations.
- Amazon recently launched its voice-based service Alexa with Echo speakers and will launch the Prime music soon.
Paytm to hire 10,000 temporary workers.
- Paytm to hire 10,000 temporary workers to expand its know your customer- (KYC-) compliant accounts.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI), allowed KYC-compliant e-wallet accounts to send money to other e-wallets and bank accounts using the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
- Paytm will have 100,000 banking outlets and KYC points, the company said.
- Renu Satti, MD & CEO, Paytm Payments Bank said the RBI is making sure that our financial systems are safe and secure and we are making sure that Paytm’s KYC network is Aadhaar-compliant.
Sports News – Current Affairs Today October 16 2017
India Defeated Pakistan in the Asia Cup Hockey Tournament.
- India defeated arch-rivals Pakistan 3-1 in a pool encounter of the 10th men’s Asia Cup Hockey Tournament, on Sunday.
- Chinglesnsana Singh (17th minute), Ramandeep Singh (44th) and Harmanpreet Singh (45th) scored the goals for India, while Ali Shan scored the lone goal for Pakistan.
- India finished on top of Pool A with nine points from three games while Pakistan is in the second spot with four points.
- Japan defeated hosts Bangladesh 3-1 earlier in the day, but could not enter the Super 4 stage as they lost out to Pakistan on goal difference.
Ashwini Ponnappa and Satwik Sairaj Ranki Reddy reached the semi-finals of the Yonex Dutch Open.
- The Indian duo Ashwini Ponnappa and Satwik Sairaj Ranki Reddy reached the semi-finals of the Yonex Dutch Open.
- They defeated Scot Evans and Amanda Hogstrom with a score of 21-18, 21-14.
- Scot Evans is from Ireland, while Amanda Hogstrom is from Sweden, they were paired for the mixed doubles encounter.
Obituary News – Daily Current Affairs Updates
Indonesian Goalkeeper Choirul Huda died after an on-pitch collision with a teammate.
- Indonesia’s celebrated goalkeeper Choirul Huda died following an on-pitch collision with a teammate.
- Huda, 38, a long-time regular for his hometown club Persela in East Java, collapsed just before half-time after Sunday’s accidental clash with Brazilian midfielder Ramon Rodrigues.
- Choirul Huda suffered from traumatic collision with a team-mate which caused him to stop breathing and have cardiac arrest, he died before 5:00 pm.
- Thousands of fans wrote on social media in memory of Huda, who was known to Persela supporters as “One Man, One Club, One Love”.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 15-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 15-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.
You have Searched for
|Current Affairs||Daily Current Affairs|
|Today Current Affairs||Current Affairs Updates 2017|