Read the latest Current Affairs Today October 17 2017 here. This page has important Current Events updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 17th October 2017 sections with the latest things that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 17th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 17th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 17 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Important Current Affairs – Highlights of Today Current Affairs
Current Affairs Today October 17 2017 – National News
Indian peacekeepers have been awarded the UN Medal.
- 50 Indian peacekeepers stationed in South Sudan have been awarded the UN Medal for their professionalism and service.
- The Indian soldiers are part of the UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS).
- The soldiers are deployed with the Indian Battalion stationed at Bor in the Jonglei region of South Sudan.
- UNMISS Force Commander General Frank Mushyo Kamanzi presented the award.
Madhya Pradesh to be developed as a hub of water tourism.
- Madhya Pradesh will be developed as a hub of water tourism and more islands in the backwaters of the Narmada river will be developed, which will be together called Madhya Dweep.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the two-and-a-half-month-long water carnival which will be held till January 2 at Hanuwantiya Island in the backwaters of Indira Sagar Dam.
Current Affairs Today October 17 2017 – Business News
Snapdeal’s CFO Anup Vikal quits.
- Anup Vikal, the chief financial officer (CFO) and general counsel of Jasper Infotech, which owns and operates Snapdeal, has resigned from the company.
- Vikal, had joined Snapdeal in October 2015 from Aircel, where he also led the telecom operator’s finance operations.
- He may join Essar Oil, which was acquired by Russian energy behemoth Rosneft, Trafigura and United Capital Partners for $12.9 billion in 2016.
- Before joining Aircel, Vikal was the group CFO and head of IT and strategy at InterGlobe Enterprises, which owns and operates IndiGo airlines.
Kotak Mahindra buys out South African Insurer Old Mutual for Rs. 1,293 Crores.
- Kotak Mahindra has bought out its partner Old Mutual’s stake from its life insurance joint venture.
- It purchased 13.26 cr shares of Rs 10 each representing 26% of the equity shareholding of Old Mutual.
- Following the transaction on October 13, Kotak Mahindra is the only bank to have a wholly-owned life insurance subsidiary.
- Rs 5,800 crores was raised by Kotak Mahindra Bank through a qualified institutional placement.
Today Current Affairs – Obituary News
Film director Lekh Tandon has passed away at the age of 88.
- Film director Lekh Tandon passed away after a prolonged illness at his home in Mumbai at the age of 88.
- He directed movies like Professor (1962) and Dulhan Wahi Jo Piya Man Bhaye (1977).
- The Lahore-born director career spanned over five decades.
- He shared the 1978 Filmfare Best Screenplay Award for his movie, Dulhan Wahi Jo Piya Man Bhaye, with Vrajendra Gaur and Madhusudan Kalekar.
- His biopic, Amrapali starring Vyjayanthimala and Sunil Dutt, was India’s submission to the 39th Academy Awards for the Best Foreign Language Film.
- He also received the Best Director Award for his film Agar Tum Na Hote from Film fans Association of India in 1983.
Poet, Laureate and Pulitzer Winner, Richard Wilbur, Died at the age of 96.
- Richard Wilbur, whose meticulous, urbane poems earned him two Pulitzer Prizes and selection as the national poet laureate, died on Saturday in Belmont, Mass.
- He was 96 years old. His son Christopher confirmed his death, in a nursing home.
October 17 2017 Current Affairs – Defense News
India head to Russia for first tri-service combat exercise.
- Around 880 Indian military personnel are headed to Russia to take part in the “Indra” tri-service combat exercise.
- Military personnel, along with multi-role stealth frigate INS Satpura, anti-submarine warfare corvette INS Kadmatt and two IL-76 heavy-lift aircraft are leaving for Russia.
- Defence Staff chief Lt-General Satish Dua said the exercise aims to provide an opportunity to the armed forces of the two countries to train in counter-terrorism operations in a multi-national scenario in a tri-service environment.
- The exercise Indra will be held at the 249th Combined Army Range Sergeevisky in the eastern military district of Russia and the Sea of Japan off Vladivostok from October 19-29.
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman commissioned the INS Kiltan at the Eastern Naval Command.
- Defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman commissioned the indigenously-built anti-submarine warfare stealth corvette INS Kiltan at the Eastern Naval Command.
- Kiltan is the latest indigenous warship after sister ships INS Kamorta and INS Kadmatt to have joined the Indian Navy.
- It is India’s first major warship to have a superstructure of carbon fibre composite material which has improved stealth features, lower top weight and maintenance costs.
- Navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Eastern Naval Command H S Bisht and other senior officers were present at the event.
Current Affairs Today October 17 2017 – Sports Updates
Ponnappa-Rankireddy loses in the semifinal of the Dutch Open.
- The Indian duo of Ashwini Ponnappa and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy lost their semifinal match in the Dutch Open.
- They lost against the English pair of Marcus Ellis and Lauren Smith in Dutch Open on Saturday.
- The Indian pair lost 14-21, 18-21 to their eighth-seeded English opponents in a match that lasted 37 minutes.
Kavita Devi became the first Indian woman wrestler to join WWE.
- Kavita Devi, a former weightlifter and South Asian Games gold medalist, has become the first Indian woman to sign with the WWE.
- The wrestler from Haryana, began her professional wrestling career last year under the guidance of former WWE champion The Great Khali.
- Earlier this year, she became the first Indian woman to compete in a WWE ring.
Appointments Updates – Current Affairs Today October 17 2017
Leslie Thng is the new CEO of Vistara.
- Leslie Thng took over as Vistara’s chief executive officer, succeeding Phee Teik Yeoh.
- Thng joins Vistara from Budget Aviation Holdings (BAH, An SIA Holding Company) where he was serving as the chief commercial officer.
- Vistara is a Joint Venture of Tata group and Singapore Airlines.
- He started his career in SIA in 1999 and has held many senior positions in the airline across international markets and various businesses.
- Before joining Budget Aviation Holdings, he was the chief executive of SilkAir.
- Thng holds a Bachelor Degree (Honors) in business administration from the National University of Singapore.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 16-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 16-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.
You have Searched for
|Current Affairs||Daily Current Affairs|
|Today Current Affairs||Current Affairs Updates 2017|