Read the latest Current Affairs Today October 2 2017 here. Our page has important Current News updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exam. We have the Current affairs 2nd October 2017 sections with the latest news that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 2nd October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 2nd October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various bank job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 2 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
National Affairs – 2nd October 2017 Current Affairs
Govt to celebrate Swachh Bharat Diwas on Monday on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi.
- The third anniversary of the Swachh Bharat Mission will be celebrated as Swachh Bharat Diwas on October 2nd on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be the chief guest of the event to mark the start of 15 days intensive Swachhta drive.
- The government has maintained that Swachh Bharat will be the biggest tribute to Gandhiji.
Shirdi Airport is inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurates the newly-built airport at Shirdi in Maharashtra Ahmednagar district.
- Ram Nath Kovind dedicates the Shirdi airport to the people.
- The aerodrome is made development by Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC).
India opens two border crossing with Bangladesh and Myanmar.
- India opens two immigration check posts along the borders with Myanmar and Bangladesh.
- It opens it as a reflection of its growing closeness with the two eastern neighbours.
- India shares a 1,643-km-long border with Myanmar which touches Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur and Mizoram.
Current Affairs Today October 2 2017 – International Affairs
Germany celebrates first gay marriage.
- Germany celebrated its first same-sex weddings yesterday.
- It celebrates after a new law came into force putting gay and lesbian couples on an equal legal footing with heterosexual couples.
- The move comes three months after lawmakers voted to legalise same-sex unions.
Close to Arunachal Border China opens a new highway in Tibet.
- China opens a 409-km new expressway costing about $5.8 billion linking Tibet provincial capital Lhasa with Nyingchi, which is close to Arunachal Pradesh border.
- The expressway cuts Lhasa-Nyingchi travel time from eight to five hours at a speed limit of 80 km per hour.
- The 409-km toll-free expressway has linked the two major cities which are also tourist attractions in Tibet.
Business Affairs – October 2nd 2017 Current Affairs
Uber appoints two new directors for the company.
- Uber CEO Travis Kalanick is naming two new directors to the ride-hailing app company board.
- Former Xerox CEO Ursula Burns and former Merrill Lynch and CIT Group CEO John Thain were in the list as directors.
- Burns was chair and CEO of Xerox from 2009 to 2016.
In September the sales of Maruthi Suzuki India has raised up by 9%.
- The country largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India reports 9.3 percent increase in total sales in September.
- The company says that MSI domestic sales stood at 1,51,400 units, up 10.3 percent from 1,37,321 units in September 2016.
The deal between RCom and Aircel has been called off – Current Affairs Today October 2 2017
- Telecom venture Reliance Communication says that its merger deal with controversial Aircel has been called off due to inordinate delays.
- The company, which has a debt burden of nearly Rs 46,700 crore, has been desperately looking for a survival plan.
- If the deal had gone through, it would have enabled junior Ambani’s telecom company to pare debt by nearly Rs 14,000 crore.
Sports Affairs – Current Affairs Today October 2 2017
India beat Australia in the 5th ODI and claimed the series with 4-1.
- India outplayed Australia by seven wickets in the fifth ODI to seal the series 4-1.
- With this win, India cement their number one spot in the ICC rankings.
- Rohit Sharma also became the ninth Indian to reach the 6000-run mark in ODIs with the century in final ODI.
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen wins Malaysian Grand Pix Race.
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen gave himself a perfect 20th birthday present by winning the last Malaysian Grand Prix.
- Hamilton, who had started on pole position, finished second for Mercedes.
- Verstappen Australian teammate Daniel Ricciardo, last year winner at Sepang, finished third.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 01-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 01-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF | Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the job hopefuls to get their desire Sarkari Naukri. This Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.