Read the latest Current Affairs Today October 22 2017 here. This page has important Current Events updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 22nd October 2017 sections with the latest things that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 22nd October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 22nd October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 22 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Important Current Affairs – Highlights of Today Current Affairs
Current Affairs Today October 22 2017 – National News
Spice Jet to provide electricity to 70 households in Assam’s Majuli.
- Low-cost carrier SpiceJet will provide electricity to the remote village of Baruahchuck in Majuli district of Assam.
- It will setup a ‘solar microgrid’ in 75 days, which provides electricity to approximately 70 households, one school, an anganwadi, two temples and street lights.
- The airline has adopted the village of Baruahchuck for the ‘Roshan Hoga Desh Hamara‘ scheme launched on Diwali.
- Baruahchuck is recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s largest river island, it is situated close to the Brahmaputra river.
- Ajay Singh SpiceJet’s chairman and Managing Director said “On occasions like these, we remember our fellow countrymen who are not as fortunate as us. This Diwali we wanted to try and light up the lives of those who have never had electricity.”
12 major Ports to be modernized at a cost of Rs. 90,000 crores.
- Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari announced that a blueprint of 142 expansion projects has been finalized to modernize 12 major ports and develop new harbours at a cost of Rs 90,000 crore.
- The 12 ports under the administrative control of the Centre saw a growth of 3.24 per cent in cargo to 326.4 million tonne (MT) against 316.1 MT in the last fiscal.
- Gadkari said a total of 142 expansion projects worth Rs 90,000 crore have been identified. 57 projects are already under implementation and one has been completed.
- India has 12 major ports, namely Kandla, Mumbai, JNPT, Mormugao, New Mangalore, Cochin, Chennai, Ennore, V O Chidambaranar, Visakhapatnam, Paradip and Kolkata, which handles 61% of the country’s total cargo traffic.
Prasar Bharati to launch new digital news platform Digital Prasar Bharati.
- Prasar Bharati (PB) has proposed to the Union government seeking approval for the launch of ‘Digital Prasar Bharati‘, a global digital news platform.
- The proposal was first made by a special committee headed by PB chairman A Surya Prakash in 2016.
- The committee’s report suggested that the digital platform be used to report international news with an Indian perspective to a global audience.
- The English language digital platform will focus on global economy, geopolitics, international terror, global crises and soft power.
International News – Daily Current Affairs Updates
Seven members of an Indian cargo ship were rescued by the Sri Lankan Navy.
- A group of Sri Lankan fishermen had found the Indian cargo vessel heading towards Maldives and rescued the crew members and handed them over to the Sri Lankan Navy.
- Sri Lankan Navy spokesman Commander Lankanatha Dissanayake announced that they had returned six Indian fishing trawlers to India.
- The Sri Lankan Navy had seized the trawlers for allegedly poaching illegally in Sri Lankan waters.
- Sri Lanka has returned 32 Indian trawlers since September 2017, six trawlers were escorted by the Navy and handed over to the Indian coast guard ship ‘Rani Gaidinliu’.
Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj to inaugurate 15 projects in Bangladesh.
- Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj is expected to inaugurate 15 projects financed by New Delhi during her two-day trip to Bangladesh from October 23.
- India is planning to fund massive development projects in Bangladesh as part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘neighbourhood first’ policy.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley also visited Bangladesh recently to sign agreements for line of credit worth $4.5 billion.
- Bangladesh is the single-biggest recipient of aid from India, with a line of credit of $8 billion since 2010.
Indian-origin teen is UK’s youngest millionaire.
- An Indian-origin teenager Akshay Ruparelia, has become UK’s youngest millionaire by selling houses through his online estate agency www.doorsteps.co.uk.
- He has also hired a call centre to answer his company switchboard while he was in class.
- Ruparelia’s firm “www.doorsteps.co.uk” has been valued at 12 million pounds and has sold 100 million pounds worth of homes.
- His company became the 18th biggest estate agency in the UK, just 16 months after his website went live.
- The firm already employs 12 people and is set to double in size with an investment of 500,000 pounds.
- He is raising five million pounds and is recruiting an expanding network of mothers across the UK who work self-employed showing clients around properties he has been asked to sell.
Business News – Current Affairs Today October 22 2017
Vijay Mallya to resign from United Breweries.
- Vijay Mallya has been persuaded to step down from the United Breweries Ltd (UBL) board and he will propose a successor.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India(Sebi) issued an order that’s made him ineligible to be director of any listed company.
- The Articles of Association between Heineken and Mallya, joint venture partners in United Breweries, entitles him to be UBL’s chairman for life and remain a non-retiring director, unless he nominates someone to replace him or voluntarily steps down.
- UBL has nominated C Y Pal, one of the directors, as acting chairman.
- He last chaired a UBL board meeting in November 2016 by video-conferencing from London.
Sports News – Current Affairs Today October 22 2017
India won the Asia cup title.
- India on Sunday ended their 10-year wait when they beat Malaysia 2-1 in their third Asia Cup hockey title.
- Pakistan won the bronze medal after defeating Korea 6-3.
- The top-ranked Indians finished unbeaten in the tournament, having won all their matches except for the 1-1 draw against Korea in the Super 4s stage.
- Malaysia had earlier won the bronze in the 2007 edition of the event in Chennai while, India last won the Asia Cup in 2007 in Chennai.
Brazil defeated Germany in the U-17 FIFA World Cup.
- Three-time champions Brazil beat Germany 2-1 to enter the semi-finals of the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017.
- Brazil, seeking their fourth title overall and first since 2003, will now play England in the first semi-finals in Guwahati on October 25.
K Srikanth won the Denmark Open Super Series Premier.
- Srikanth won his third Super Series Premier title after he defeated Korean veteran Lee Hyun Il 21-10, 21-5.
- With this win, Srikanth clinched his third Super Series title in 2017.
- He is only the sixth player in badminton history to reach four men’s singles Super Series finals and also the second Indian after Saina Nehwal to win three Super Series titles in a year.
- Earlier this year, he won the Indonesia Super Series Premier and the Australia Open Super Series.
- Srikanth will now travel to Paris for the French Open Super Series.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 21-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 21-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.
You have Searched for
|Current Affairs||Daily Current Affairs in India|
|Today Current Affairs Quiz Questions||Current Affairs Updates 2017|