Read the latest Current Affairs Today October 23 2017 here. This page has important Current Affairs updates. Today Current Affairs will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 23rd October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 23rd October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 23rd October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 23 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
23rd October Current Affairs – Highlights of Today Current Affairs
National Affairs – Current Affairs Today October 23 2017
Rahul Gandhi may take charge as Congress chief on October 30.
- There are indications that the election of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi as party chief is likely to be announced on October 26.
- Rahul may take over the party’s reins from his mother Sonia Gandhi on October 30.
- The party hopes to resurrect itself in Telangana with the high-profile entry of TDP working president Anumula Revanth Reddy.
- He will join Congress in the presence of Rahul on November 9, most probably in Delhi.
PM Modi inaugurates Ro-Ro ferry service in Gujarat.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday inaugurated Phase 1 of the Ro-Ro (Roll on, Roll off) ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Gujarat.
- This will be South Asia’s first world-class Ro-Ro Ferry Service.
- The Project will link South Gujarat and Saurashtra and by allowing vehicles with passengers aboard.
- World-class terminals have been built at Ghogha near Bhavnagar and Dahej near Bharuch.
Maharashtra govt plans shacks like Goa’s on the 720km coast.
- The state government has come up with a beach shack policy to promote the 720km coastline as a tourist destination.
- The policy mentions safety measures, like the government, will set up an enforcement cell or flying squads.
- The shacks will operate from 7am-11.30pm and there will be restrictions on the volume of music, according to the policy.
- The shacks will operate during nine months of the year, from September to May, excluding the monsoon.
Current Affairs Today – International Updates
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe swept to a comfortable victory in Elections.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe swept to a comfortable victory in a snap election Sunday.
- According to a projection published by the private broadcaster, Abe’s conservative coalition was on track to win 311 seats in the 465-seat parliament.
Robert Mugabe removed as WHO goodwill envoy after public outrage.
- Robert Mugabe Removed as WHO Goodwill Envoy After Public Outrage.
- He was removed following outrage among Western donors and rights groups at his appointment.
- WHO’s decision to appoint Robert Mugabe as the goodwill envoy was seen as “poor judgement.
Business News – Current Affairs Today October 23 2017
Maruti Becomes Largest Exporter of Passenger Cars from India.
- Maruti Suzuki India has become the largest passenger cars exporter from India in the first half of the ongoing fiscal year.
- They bear Hyundai Motor India Ltd which has now been pushed to the fourth spot behind Volkswagen and General Motors.
- The company is now behind Volkswagen and General Motors India in terms of export of passenger cars from India.
Noble Group to sell oil liquids business to Vitol.
- Struggling commodities trader Noble Group agreed to sell its Americas-focused oil liquids business to Vitol for about $580 million.
- Noble selling assets to cut debt, win supports from lenders.
- Noble was plunged into crisis in February 2015 when Iceberg Research accused it of overstating its assets by billions of dollars.
Appointments Updates – Today Current Events
Rakesh Asthana promoted as special director in CBI.
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) appoints senior IPS officer of the Gujarat cadre Rakesh Asthana as special director in the CBI.
- Asthana’s elevation comes as part of the promotion of eight IPS officers of the 1984 batch.
- He is now the second senior-most officer in the central anti-corruption agency after CBI director Alok Verma.
23rd October 2017 Current Affairs – Resignations News
Maharaja Hari Singh’s grandson of Vikramaditya resigns from PDP.
- Peoples Democratic Party, senior leader Vikramaditya Singh on Sunday announced his resignation from the party.
- Singh, the grandson of the last Dogra ruler Maharaja Hari Singh, had joined the PDP in presence of the late party president Mufti Mohammad Sayeed in August 2015.
Sports News – Current Affairs Today October 23 2017
Hamilton on verge of fourth world title after US triumph.
- Lewis Hamilton moved a step closer to his fourth world championship on Sunday when he won the United States Grand Prix.
- The 32-year-old Briton, who started from a record 72nd pole position, recovered after losing his advantage at the start to regain the lead.
- Four-time champion German Vettel came home second for Ferrari and with three races remaining trails Hamilton by 66 points in the drivers’ title race.
- If Hamilton wins, or finishes anywhere in the top five, in Mexico City next weekend, he will be the champion.
Amjyot Singh becomes third Indian in NBA.
- Indian basketball player Amjyot Singh enters the player draft for NBA’s G League which will be held in New York.
- One hundred and forty-six players are eligible to be selected in the 2017 NBA G League Draft, which will take place later on Saturday.
- The 25-year-old Amjyot hails from Chandigarh and has been part of India’s national basketball team since 2015.
Sports Updates – Latest Current Events
Kohli surpasses Ponting with 31st ODI ton, only behind Tendulkar.
- Virat Kohli surpassed the legendary Ricky Pointing to become the second highest century-maker in ODIs.
- Kohli is now only behind Sachin Tendulkar, who amassed 49 ODI hundred.
- He also became only the third Indian to score an ODI hundred at Wankhede.
Scolari’s Guangzhou retain China league title – Current Affairs Today October 23 2017
- Luiz Felipe Scolari’s rampant Guangzhou Evergrande won the Chinese Super League for the seventh time in a row.
- They won the title with two games to spare.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 22-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 22-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.