Read the latest Current Affairs Today October 5 2017 here. This page has important Current Events updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 5th October 2017 sections with the latest things that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 5th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 5th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 5 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
National News – Current Affairs Today October 5 2017
Port Blair in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands was declared as Open Defacation Free.
- Port Blair was declared open defecation free (ODF) on October 2.
- After declaring itself as ODF, Port Blair Municipal Council (PBMC) must get a certification from a third party agency.
- Thereafter, it must get certification every six month.
Business News – October 5 2017 Current Affairs
Chinese conglomerate Fosun bought 74% stake in the Hyderabad-based Gland Pharma.
- Chinese company Fosun has bought 74% stake in Gland Pharma for $1.09 billion.
- Indian promoters, Ravi Penmetsa and his father P V N Raju, will hold 26% and remain on the board for at least three years.
- Fosun Pharmaceutical acquired Gland Pharma from promoters Ravi Penmetsa’s family and American private equity firm KKR.
- The deal was cleared by Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) in March 2017, and Competition Commission of India approved in December 2016.
PhonePe recieved Rs 255 crores investment from Flipkart.
- Flipkart’s payments platform PhonePe, received Rs 255 crore funding from Singapore-based Flipkart Payments Pvt Ltd.
- PhonePe also received Rs 186 crore as funding, as per the Registrar of Companies (RoC) documents.
Sequoia Capital India and Helion Ventures invests in online marketplace Zefo.
- Zefo, an online marketplace for secondhand furniture and appliances, has raised Rs 60 crore investment.
- The company plans to use the funds for warehousing, logistics and product refurbishment.
- Rohit Ramasubramanian, co-founder of Zefo, said the company will expand in furniture, large appliances and the newly launched mobile phones business.
- It currently operates in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Mysuru.
- It has partnered with Amazon, Flipkart, Urban Ladder, Home Town, and Godrej.
Defense News – Current Affairs Today October 5 2017
Indian Government to get 1.86 lakh bullet-proof jackets for the armed forces.
- The Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) gave its technology to private firm MKU Ltd to manufacture bullet-proof jackets for the armed forces.
- DRDO and MKU Ltd has exchanged licence agreement to manufacture the vests.
- MKU will manufacture bullet-proof jackets which are lighter in weight.
Sports News – Current Affairs Today October 5 2017
Maria Sharapova was knocked out of China Open.
- Maria Sharapova was defeated by Romania’s Simona Halep in the China Open.
- Simona Halep defeated Sharapova, 6-2, 6-2 in 72 minutes.
Claire Polosak will become the first woman umpire in Men’s Cricket.
- Claire Polosak will become the first woman to umpire an Australian men’s game.
- New South Wales will play Cricket Australia XI in a one-day match on Sunday.
- Polosak, will join veteran umpire Paul Wilson at Hurstville Oval.
- She has umpired four matches at the Women’s World Cup in England this year.
Grigor Dimitrov defeated Juan Martin del Potro in the China Open.
- Grigor Dimitrov defeated Juan Martin del Potro, 7-6(6) 7-5 to reach the quarter-finals of the China Open.
Marin Cilic defeated Yasutaka Uchiyama to reach the Japan Open quarter-finals.
- Marin Cilic defeated Yasutaka Uchiyama, 6-3, 6-4 to reach the Japan Open quarter-finals.
- Cilic will next play American Harrison in the last-eight clash.
Appointments – Current Affairs October
Rajnish Kumar is the new chairman of SBI.
- The government appointed Rajnish Kumar as the new chairman of State bank of India.
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment for three years.
- The current chairwoman of SBI, Arundhati Bhattacharya will retire on October 6.
- Rajnish Kumar is the current MD and CEO of SBI Capital Markets and the retail business of SBI.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 4-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 4-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.