Read the latest Current Affairs Today October 7 2017 here. This page has important Current Events updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 7th October 2017 sections with the latest things that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 7th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 7th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 7 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Important Current Affairs – Highlights of Today Current Affairs
Current Affairs Today October 7 2017 – National News
Government to add 100 million new jobs by 2022 through the Make in India programme.
- With Make in India programme, the government will create 100 million new jobs by 2022.
- India’s manufacturing sector is contributing 16 per cent of GDP, which will grow to 25% by 2025.
- In the next five years, India will be in the fifth spot of the most competitive manufacturing nations in the globe.
- The programme is led by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to visit Bangladesh.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will visit Bangladesh to attend a joint consultative commission meeting in Dhaka.
- Bangladesh Foreign Secretary Shahidul Haque confirmed that the minister will be visiting Bangladesh on October 23 and 24.
- The joint commission will review the progress of decisions taken when Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Bangladesh and PM Sheikh Hasina visited India.
- The commission will be chaired by Sushma Swaraj and Bangladesh Foreign Minister A H Mahmud Ali.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated a new sea route to Baratang in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Union Ministers Rajnath Singh and Nitin Gadkari inaugurated an alternate sea route to Baratang Island.
- The sea route will provide an alternative to the National Highways-4 that linked Baratang to Port Blair by passing through the Jarawa Tribal Reserve.
- This sea route will help promote tourism without disturbing the tribal areas.
- They also laid foundation stone for extension of dry dock in Port Blair and extension of wharf in Hope Town.
- The construction of an additional jetty with extension of an Berthing Jetty in Neil Island was also launched at an event in Port Blair.
- Nitin Gadkari is the Minister for Shipping, Road Transport & Highways and Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
International News – Daily Current Affairs Updates
India and the European Union adopted a Joint Statement on Cooperation to Combat Terrorism.
- EU and India adopted a Joint Statement on Cooperation at the 14th India-EU summit to Combat Terrorism.
- The joint statement was issued by PM Narendra Modi, Donald Tusk, President of the European Council, and Jean Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission.
- The leaders agreed to take action against terror entities such as Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammad, Hizbul-Mujahideen, Haqqani Network, al-Qaida and the ISIS.
Visa rules relaxed by Oman to attract more tourists.
- Oman has revised the visa rules for tourists from India, China and Russia.
- Oman Airports Management Company (OAMC) announced the revised conditions to grant non-sponsored tourist visa to citizens who reside in or who hold an entry visa to USA, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom and Schengen States.
- The visa will be issued for a period of one month and a fee of OMR 20.
- The spouse and children of the visa holder will also be allowed to enter Oman. However, they must have a return ticket and confirmed hotel reservation.
Bombardier’s CS 300 aircraft arrived in New Delhi during it’s World Tour.
- Canadian aircraft manufacturer Bombardier’s CS 300 aircraft arrived at Indira Gandhi International airport here during its world tour.
- Minister of civil aviation Jayant Sinha was given a tour of the new 160-seater, single-aisle aircraft.
- The aircraft’s wings are composite and the fuselage is made of aluminium-lithium. Therefore, it is 10% lighter and 250% more resistant to corrosion.
- It has bigger and wider seats, larger over-head cabins and windows.
- India’s Spice Jet is the only airline which has 20 of Bombardier’s Q-400 aircrafts. It has signed an agreement to buy 50 more of these planes.
Business News – Current Affairs Today October 7 2017
Ola receives $400 million funding from Tencent.
- Chinese internet major Tencent will invest Rs 2,580 crore ($400 million) in Ola.
- Tencent is the parent company of popular messaging platform WeChat.
- Tencent has also invested in Flipkart, Hike and Practo.
- Ola has raised $800 million in funds from investors like Falcon Edge, Rata Tata’s RNT Capital Advisors, and Tekne Capital Management.
Air Asia to set up innovation center in Bengaluru.
- Air Asia India CEO Amar Abrol said the Low-cost carrier will launch an innovation center in India’s technology hub Bengaluru.
- The ‘Freedom Flyer Programme’ loyalty scheme was launched by Air Asia.
- Flyers can earn and redeem points across countries from Malaysia to India, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan and Australia.
- The loyalty points can be redeemed for a minimum of 500 ‘Big Points’, which do not expire unless a member shows no activity continuously for three years.
- It is owned by Malaysian carrier Air Asia Bhd and Tata Sons.
Sports News – Current Affairs Today October 7 2017
Sania Mirza and Peng Shuai reached the China Open Semifinals.
- Peng and Sania defeated fifth seeded Czech pair of Barbara Strýcová and Katerina Siniaková, 4-6 6-2 10-7 in the quarter- finals of the China Open.
- They will now face Martina Hingis of Switzerland and Chan Yung-jan of Chinese Taipei in the Semi finals of the China Open Tennis Championship.
Alexander Zverev defeated Russia’s Andrey Rublev in the quarter-finals of the China Open.
- Zverev defeated Russia’s Andrey Rublev, 6-2, 6-3 in the China Open.
- He now faces Australian Nick Kyrgios in the semi-finals on Saturday.
- The 20-year-old German joins Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer as entrants for the final in London.
- He is the youngest player to qualify since Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina in 2008.
Appointments – Current Affairs October
GE appoints Jamie Miller as new CFO.
- U.S. industrial conglomerate General Electric Co promoted Jamie Miller as it’s Chief Financial Officer.
- Jamie Miller was the chief executive officer and president of GE’s transportation unit.
- She will be replacing Jeffrey Bornstein as the new CFO.
- GE manufactures aircraft engines, locomotives, power plants and other industrial equipment, along with IT services.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 5-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 6-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.