Read the latest Current Affairs Today October 8 2017 here. This page has important Current Events updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exams. We have the Current affairs 8th October 2017 sections with the latest things that are happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 8th October 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 8th October 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various government job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today October 8 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Important Current Affairs – Highlights of Today Current Affairs
National Affairs – Current Affairs Today October 8 2017
PM Narendra Modi lays foundation stone for Bhadbhut Barrage over Narmada River and flags off Antyodaya Express
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Bhadbhut Barrage over the Narmada river on the second day of his Gujarat tour.
- At a public meeting held in Bharuch PM Modi also flagged off the Udhna-Jaynagar Antyodaya Express via video link.
- After laying the foundation stone PM Modu inaugurated various plants of Gujarat Narmada Fertilizer Corporation Ltd.
- PM Modi says that the Antyodaya Express is a commendable initiative by the Railway Ministry.
- He also added the train will make it easier for people from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar to go home for Chhath Puja.
For the year in 2017-18 India’s Coffee Output Pegged at Record 3.5 lakh Tons.
- Coffee output in India is set a record of 3.50 lakh tonnes in the 2017-18 marketing year which started in this month.
- According to the Coffee Board, the final output stood lower by 10.34 percent at 3.12 lakh tonnes in the 2016-17 marketing year.
- Important is that Karnataka is the largest producer of coffee in India.
In Kerala State President Ram Nath Kovind launches Mata Amritanandamayi Math Project Jeevamritham.
- President Ram Nath Kovind launched Mata Amritanandamayi Math’s Rs 100 crore clean water initiative for rural India.
- He launched it at the math headquarters in the coastal hamlet of Vallikkavu.
- Kovind, who is on his maiden visit to the southern state after assuming office, inaugurated the ‘Jivamritam’ filtration system.
- ‘Jivamritam’ filtration system will provide clean drinking water to 10 million villagers across the nation.
- The programme was organised as part of the 64th birthday celebrations of spiritual leader Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, popularly known as ‘Amma’ among her devotees.
Current Affairs Today – More National News
Haj Committee recommends Government for Abolishing of Subsidy – Current Affairs Today October 8 2017
- The government appointed Committee on Haj Policy. It has recommended phasing out of subsidy for Haj pilgrims.
- As per the rules in the policy it allowing women devotees above 45 years of age to travel in a group of at least four without a male.
- The Committee presented its report on New Haj policy 2018-22 to Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi in Mumbai.
- As per the Ministry of Minority Affairs, the proposed new Haj Policy also recommended bringing down the number of embarkation points from 21 to 9.
On October 13 around 54,000 petrol pumps across India to remain shut down.
- Around 54,000 petrol pumps all over India will go on a day-long strike on October 13 in support of their long-pending petrol demands.
- Uday Lodh the President of Federation of Maharashtra Petrol Dealers Association says that the decision on the issue was taken at the first joint meeting of United Petroleum Front.
- The demands include implementation of the pending agreement with oil marketing companies on November 4, 2016.
- Lodh says that if our demands are not accepted, then from October 27, we will launch an indefinite nationwide strike.
As per Current Affairs Today October 8 2017 Indias first Marine Police Training Institute to be set up at Dev Bhoomi Dwarka.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi made an announcement of setting up of the country’s first Marine Police Training Institute at newly created Dev Bhoomi Dwarka district of Gujarat.
- Modi says that it is the country’s first and biggest institute that will be train marine police from across the country.
- PM Modi says that the institute will train the marine police force in the way IAF (Indian Air Force) trains its pilots at Jamnagar.
International News – 8th October 2017 Current Affairs
U.S. approves the sale of Rs. 98,000 crore THAAD missiles to Saudi Arabia.
- The U.S. State Department has approves the possible sale of a THAAD anti-missile defence system to Saudi Arabia.
- It is said to have an estimated cost of $15 billion.
- The approval opens the way for Saudi Arabia to purchase 44 Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) launchers and 360 missiles.
- The US had earlier set up the THAAD in South Korea, sparking protests from North Korea and China.
Current Affairs Today October 8 2017 – Business Updates
RBI to soon Launch Financial Literacy Drive in 9 States.
- The Reserve Bank will soon launch a financial literacy drive in 80 blocks in nine states on the pilot basis to educate people on e-transactions.
- Six NGOs have been selected to execute the pilot project in collaboration with banks.
- The total cost of the pilot project over a period of three years is Rs 18.40 crore.
HDFC Life Insurance and Apollo Munich Health have come together to launch ‘Click2Protect Health plan’.
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company has come together to launch the Click2Protect Health plan with HDFC Life Insurance.
- The plan combines the benefits of HDFC Life’s Click2Protect 3D Plus protection plan and Apollo Munich’s Optima Restore health indemnity plan, which is both leading products in their respective categories.
- Click2Protect Health is an insurance plan that will cover the protection and health needs of an individual.
Agreement Updates – Today Current Affairs Events
The European Investment Bank (EIB) will lend €300 million for Bangalore Metro Rail Project – Current Affairs Today October 8 2017
- The government of India and European Investment Bank (EIB) signs the Finance Contract for lending of € 300 million for Bangalore Metro Rail Project.
- They are lending the money for the construction of Phase 2 Line R6.
- Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase I2 is to be jointly financed by the European Investment Bank (€500 million) and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- The project marks the extension of East-West & North-South lines for Bangalore Metro Rail which includes a total length of 72.095 km (13.79 km underground) and 61 stations with 12 underground stations.
- The project implementation period is 5 years from the date of commencement of the Project.
Current Affairs Today October 8 2017 – Appointments News
Axis Bank appoints Sangram Singh as CEO of Freecharge.
- The country’s third largest private sector lender Axis Bank says it has acquired payments wallet Freecharge for Rs 373 crore in an all-cash deal.
- After that Axis bank appoints Sangram Singh the CEO of Freecharge.
- Freecharge presently has a revenue of about Rs 80 crore.
- Snapdeal had bought Freecharge in April 2015 for an estimation amount of USD 400 million or over Rs 2,500 crore at current rates.
Today Current Affairs – Awards News
Former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan is in the list of possible winners of Nobel Prize in Economics.
- Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan’s name has been featured in the list of probables for this year’s Nobel Prize in Economics.
- The economics prize will be made an announcement in Stockholm on Monday, according to Nobelprize.org.
- Rajan is currently the Katherine Dusak Miller Distinguished Service Professor of Finance at the Booth School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Raghuram Rajan three-year term as RBI governor ended on September 4, 2016.
Sports Updates – 8 October 2017 Current Affairs
The much-awaited FIFA U-17 World Cup started with four opening day matches to be played in Delhi and Mumbai.
- More than 50,000 people will be present at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on the opening day of the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup.
- The hosts India will make their world cup debut across all age groups, male or female.
- India is making their historic debut in a FIFA competition when they take on the USA in New Delhi.
Current Affairs Today October 8 2017 – Obituary News
Kundan Shah the famous filmmaker passed away.
- Veteran director Kundan Shah, who is best known for the dark comedy Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro, passed away.
- He had studied direction at the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune and made his feature film debut in 1983.
- In 1983 he made a debut with the cult classic Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro.
- He made his directorial debut on television in 1986 with the popular series Nukkad.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 7-Oct-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 7-Oct-2017|
|Current Affairs September 2017||Current Affairs PDF Sep 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.