Current Affairs Today September 1 2017 is available here. Read the today’s important 01st September 2017 Current Affairs Gk questions, general awareness updates here. Download the September 2017 General knowledge question and answers for the upcoming competitive exams like SSC, RRB, SBI Exams. It is very important to check the daily national and international current affairs to gain good marks in the competitive exams. Read the daily, today’s 1st September 2017 Current Affairs and practice the quiz on the latest updates.
Latest 1st September 2017 Current Affairs
- Rajiv Gauba is new Home Secretary.
- Sunil Arora takes the appointment as the new Election Commissioner.
- IRNSS-1H satellite launch is unsuccessful says ISRO.
- Former Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi takes the appointment as Top Auditor.
- BJP government appoints Mahendra Nath Pandey as Uttar Pradesh BJP Chief.
- 5 Ministers Resign Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle.
- State govt extends Afspa in Assam for the first time in 27 years.
- Google announces $1 million flood relief in India, Nepal, and Bangladesh
- Allahabad airport may get new terminal before Jan 2019 Ardh Kumbh.
- Ajanta Pharma launches pain relief tablets in the US.
- New landforms on Mars was found by scientists.
- Ahead of U-17 World Cup final Kolkata to host FIFA Council meeting.
- Spurs complete deal for PSG’s Serge Aurier.
- From Arsenal, Oxlade-Chamberlain joins Liverpool.
Today September 1st Current Affairs – National News
5 Ministers Resign Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle.
- Before Prime Minister Narendra Modi leaves for a BRICS summit in China the cabinet reshuffle is expected.
- Uma Bharti and Rajiv Pratap Rudy were among a bunch of union ministers who resigned.
- Sources say that more resignations are willing to come as ministers make way for new faces, including those from allied parties.
State govt extends Afspa in Assam for the first time in 27 years.
- For the first time in 27 years since the Armed Forces Act was promulgated in the state government extends the term of the Act for six months from September 1.
- This is for the first time in Assam’s history that the state government has on its own extended the term of the Act for six months from September 1.
- Apart from the state, the Act is in force in Nagaland, Manipur, Tirap, Changlang and Longding districts of Arunachal.
International Updates – Current Affairs Today September 1 2017
Google announces $1 million flood relief in India, Nepal, and Bangladesh
- Google will provide $1 million relief to flood-hit areas of India, Nepal, and Bangladesh.
- They are also aiming to help rebuild and revive community structures like roads, bridges, and schools in the flood-hit areas.
- Save the Children campaign is working in the flood affected areas of the three countries and aims to reach a total of 1,60,000 people.
Current Affairs Today September 1 2017 – Business Events
Allahabad airport may get new terminal before Jan 2019 Ardh Kumbh.
- Airports Authority of India decides to build a terminal at the defense air base of Allahabad.
- They are trying to build it before the city hosts the Ardh Kumbh in January 2019.
- Meanwhile, Rajkot in Gujarat will get a new airport.
Ajanta Pharma launches pain relief tablets in the US.
- The Ajanta Pharma made an announcement of the launch of eletriptan hydrobromide tablets, used to treat headaches, in the US market.
- Ajanta Pharma launches the product in two strengths, 20 mg, and 40 mg tablets
- So far Ajanta Pharma launched 14 products in the US market.
Science and Technology News – Today 1st September 2017 Current Affairs
New landforms on Mars was found by scientists.
- Scientists have found images which show spider formations on Mars.
- As many as 10,000 citizen scientists help to discover landforms known as spiders on parts of Mars.
- The discovery was made by volunteers working on behalf of Planet Four Terrains, the online project hosted by Zooniverse.
IRNSS-1H satellite launch is unsuccessful says ISRO.
- India attempt to launch its eighth regional navigation satellite failed on Thursday.
- The IRNSS-1H satellite didn’t come out of the heat shield as it should have, though the rocket lift off was as planned.
- IRNSS-1H was being sent to space to back up and mostly replace the functions of India’s first navigation satellite.
Appointments News – Current Affairs Today September 1 2017
Rajiv Gauba is new Home Secretary.
- Senior IAS officer Rajiv Gauba took charge as the Union Home Secretary.
- He took charge after incumbent of Rajiv Mehrishi.
- Before being given the new assignment he is serving as Secretary in the Union Urban Development Ministry.
Sunil Arora takes the appointment as the new Election Commissioner.
- Sunil Arora the former bureaucrat takes the appointment as the Election Commissioner.
- In July after Nasim Zaidi takes retirement as Chief Election Commissioner there was a vacancy in the poll panel.
- He served as Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation during 1999-2002.
Current Affairs Today September 1 2017 – Former Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi takes the appointment as Top Auditor.
- Rajiv Mehrishi the Senior bureaucrat takes the appointment to lead the country top audit body Comptroller and Auditor General.
- The former Union Home Secretary will replace Shashi Kant Sharma whose term ends on September 23.
- Mehrishi is the first Home Secretary to complete his two-year tenure after the NDA government came to power.
BJP government appoints Mahendra Nath Pandey as Uttar Pradesh BJP Chief.
- The BJP names Mahendra Nath Pandey, the Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development, as the next chief of its Uttar Pradesh unit.
- Mahendra Nath Pandey will replace Keshav Prasad Maurya, Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister.
- Pandey is a Lok Sabha member from Chandauli.
Sports Updates – Latest GK Today Current Affairs September 1st news
Ahead of U-17 World Cup final Kolkata to host FIFA Council meeting.
- Kolkata to host a three day FIFA Council meeting before the Under 17 World Cup on October 28.
- Praful Patel All India Football Federation President says they are hoping to host U-20 World cup in India.
Spurs complete deal for PSG’s Serge Aurier.
- Serge Aurier the Ivorian Right back joins the Tottenham Hotspur.
- He signs a five-year contract.
- The 24-year-old won Ligue 1 titles during his three years game with PSG.
From Arsenal, Oxlade-Chamberlain joins Liverpool.
- England international Alex Oxlade Chamberlain has joins Liverpool from Premier League rivals Arsenal.
- Liverpool says the 24-year-old signs a long term contract, which is thought to be a five-year deal.
|Read 31st August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|