Read the latest Current Affairs Today September 14 2017 here. Our page has important Current News updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exam. We have the Current affairs 14th September 2017 sections with the latest news that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 14th September 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 14th September 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various bank job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today September 14 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
National Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 14 2017
UP Government releases 7,371 crore to waive off farm loans.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has disbursed Rs 7,371 crore to waive loans of 11.93 lakh small and marginal farmers in the debt waiver scheme.
- The government has announced a Rs 32,000 crore scheme to waive farm loans of up to Rs 1 lakh by lending institution as on or before March 31, 2016.
Karnataka CM launches 23 new Airavata luxury buses of KSRTC.
- Chief Minister Siddaramaiah launched 23 KSRTC’s new Airavat club class buses on Wednesday.
- The buses will operate on routes like Bengaluru-Calicut, Bengaluru-Chennai, Bengaluru-Vijayawada, Bengaluru-Sriharikota, Mangaluru-Manipal, Mangaluru-Mumbai, etc,.
- These buses are fitted with latest BS-4 Engine with electronically controlled unit, manual and intelligent automated gear shift changing system and electronically controlled suspension system which provides comfort for passengers.
International Affairs – September 14th 2017 Current Affairs
Paris and Los Angeles, voted as the venues for next Olympics in 2024 and 2028.
- The 2024 summer Olympics was awarded to Paris and Los Angeles was given the 2028 Games by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
- Paris has hosted two previous Olympics, will host the event 100 years after it last hosted in 1924.
- Los Angeles will also organize the games for the third time after 1932 and 1984.
Halimah Yacob is sworn in as the new president of Singapore.
- Singapore’s government announced last year that the post of president would next be held by a person of Malay descent.
- She was a member of the People’s Action Party (PAP), she was also the ninth Speaker of Parliament.
- She was a Member of Parliament (MP) representing Jurong Group Representation Constituency.
Current Affairs Today September 14 2017 – Defense Affairs
India and Japan will finalize its first Defense Purchase.
- India will finalize the first defense purchase from Japan, likely the US-2 amphibious plane.
- With the civil nuclear deal completed, India is looking at more collaboration with Japanese nuclear companies.
- Japanese companies like Hitachi, Toshiba, Mitsubishi and smaller nuclear companies will be invited to invest and provide support services to Indian companies.
Business Affairs – Current Affairs Updates
Indorama Corporation may buy the phosphatic fertilizer business from Tata Chemicals.
- Indorama Corporation, owned by India-born, Indonesian billionaire Sri Prakash Lohia, will buy the business from Tata Chemicals for Rs 400-500 crore.
- Indorama’s Netherlands subsidiary has entered into an agreement with Tata Chemicals to acquire the Tata’s Haldia unit in West Bengal.
Zomato has acquired the logistics company runnr for $40 million.
- After negotiations, Zomato has acquired on-demand logistics startup Runnr in an all-stock deal.
- Zomato, a food discovery and ordering company looks to build its own delivery fleet.
- Runnr, a part of TinyOwl and Roadrunnr was acquired for $40 million.
- Online learning platform Unacademy announced the $11.5M Series B round of funding by Sequoia India and SAIF Partners.
- Existing investors like Nexus Venture Partners and Blume Ventures and other angels investors also participated in the round.
- The founders of Unacademy are Gaurav Munjal, Roman Saini, Hemesh Singh and Sachin Gupta.
Sports Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 14 2017
Indian Suttlers PV Sindhu and Parupalli Kashyap entered the second round of Korean Open.
- Sindhu beat Hong Kong’s Cheung Ngan Yi 21-13, 21-8 in 34 minutes.
- Kashyap defeated Chinese Taipei’s Hsu Jen Hao 21-13, 21-16 in 35 minutes.
- Kashyap will now face South Korean top seed Son Wan Ho in the next round.
Appointments – Current Affairs Today
Indian-American lawyer Manisha Singh is appointed to a key administration position in the State Department.
- Lawyer Manisha Singh is given charge of economic diplomacy in the State Department.
- Ms. Singh, is a former deputy assistant secretary of state in the Bureau of Economic, Energy and Business Affairs.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the job hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.