Here is the latest Current Affairs Today September 15 2017. Candidates can make use of these current affairs for government exams. If you are preparing for government exams like IBPS PO, UPSC, RRB, SBI and other Exams make use of Today Current Affairs 15th September 2017 Practicing General Questions based on daily current affairs can make your knowledge better. Applicants can take this website as a reference for the preparation of GKToday Quiz. Read the entire article to know the highlights of Today 15th September 2017 Current Affairs on National and International News. Candidates trying for Sarkari Naukri Jobs can make a good use of this article. Make use of Current Affairs Today September 15 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
National Affairs – 15th September 2017 Current Affairs
Government launches Operation Insaniyat to help Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh. – Current Affairs Today September 15 2017
- Ministry of External affairs launches operation Insaniyat to help the Rohingya refugees staying in Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh is facing the humanitarian crisis due to the mass influx of refugees from Myanmar.
- The first tranche is brought to Chittagong by an Indian Air Force (IAF) plane on 14th September 2017.
In Goa two-day regional conference on good governance and replication of best practices begin.
- Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Government of India organized Two-Day Regional Conference on Good Governance and Replication of Best Practices in Goa.
- It was presided over by dignitaries from 25 states and UT’s.
- The two-day Conference is an effort to create a common platform to share experiences in the formulation and implementation of citizen-centric governance.
In NewDelhi Kiren Rijiju inaugurates first National Conference on Uniformed Women in Prison Administration.
- Shri Kiren Rijiju the Minister of State for Home Affairs inaugurates first National Conference on Uniformed Women in Prison Administration in NewDelhi.
- 90 delegates from all across the country attended the conference and actively participated in discussions on themes.
- Ms. Lalitha Kumaramangalam, Chairperson, National Commission for Women (NCW) addressed the Valedictory Session.
Current Affairs Today September 15 2017 – International Affairs
China displays its first unmanned attack helicopter.
- China displayed its first unmanned combat helicopter AV500W for foreign buyers in the northeastern Tianjin city, China.
- The AV500W was designed and produced by AVIC Helicopter Research and Development Institute in Jingdezhen, Jiangxi province of China.
- It can carry 120 kg of weapons and equipment. Its maximum speed is 170 km per hour.
German Nationality Ranked Highest in the World.
- According to the Henley & Partners Kochenov Quality of Nationality Index (QNI), Germany’s quality of nationality is ranked first in the world.
- Germany scored 82.7% out of a possible 100% on the index while Afghanistan sitting at the bottom of the index with a score of 14.6%.
- India ranks at 101 among 159 countries.
- Behind Germany are France and Denmark who secured second place on the index with a score of 82.4%.
Sweden hosts huge war games exercise “Aurora” with NATO.
- With the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Sweden hosts huge war games exercise.
- It is the biggest military exercise in more than 20 years with support from NATO countries.
Agreement Affairs – September 15 2017 Current Affairs
HSBC ties up with Sa-Dhan to develop the digital ecosystem for India’s unbanked segment.
- To develop the ecosystem for the unbanked segment in the country HSBC Bank enters into an agreement with Sa-Dhan.
- HSBC Bank is providing technical expertise to train and educate micro-finance consumers at the grass-roots level.
- It has to be undertaken in West Bengal, Punjab, Karnataka, and Maharashtra and it is expected to benefit 1,200 consumers.
Force Motors made an agreement with Rolls Royce to set up engine plant.- Current Affairs Today September 15 2017
- Commercial vehicle maker Force Motors has tied up with Rolls Royce Power Systems to produce engines for multiple applications to produce engines for multiple applications.
- The agreement is made to produce engines for multiple applications like railways and power generation.
- Force Motors is the only company in the world that produces engines for two of the leading European premium car makers Mercedes and BMW.
Today Current Affairs – Appointments and Resignations Affairs
UN chief appoints Peter Thomson as first UN envoy for oceans.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appoints Peter Thomson as the first special envoy for the oceans.
- Peter Thomson played a lead role at the first-ever UN conference on oceans in June.
- In Thomson’s view, the major challenge threatening the oceans is the climate change, which affects the seas and the air that all people breathe.
Harsh Kumar Jain takes the appointment as the next Ambassador of India to the Slovak Republic.
- Mr.Harsh Kumar Jain takes the appointment as the next Ambassador of India to the Slovak Republic, in New Delhi.
- Mr.Harsh Kumar Jain, Indian Foreign Service, of batch 1993 is currently the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- He will join his new post soon as per the reports.
Science and Technology Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 15 2017
Scientists from Brown University have created the first map of water on Moon.
- The first map of water on Moon was created by scientists from Brown University.
- The research got money by the NASA Lunar Advanced Science and Exploration Research Program.
- It is built on the initial discovery in 2009 of water and a related molecule hydroxyl.
Current Affairs September 15th 2017 – Sports Affairs
Rishabh Shah the 14-year-old Indian wins two bronze medals at Western Asia Youth Chess Championship.
- On 2nd Western Asia, Youth Chess Championship in Sri Lanka Rishabh Shah won two bronze medals in the Under-14 Rapid and Blitz formats.
- Rishabh trains at the South Mumbai Chess Academy.
- Mohammad Fahad Rahman of Bangladesh won the Silver medal.
Obituary News – Latest Gk Updates
Veteran actor and ‘Sopranos’ mobster Frank Vincent dies at 80.- Current Affairs Today September 15 2017
- American veteran actor Frank Vincent died peacefully at the age of 80.
- He has played numerous roles throughout his career. Out of which, many were tough guy characters.
- One of his famous roles is mob boss Phil Leotardo on “The Sopranos” television series.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the jobs you are trying for. This Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.