This post covers the latest Current Affairs Today September 16 2017. We are providing you with Today’s Current Affairs that might come as a question in the upcoming Sarkari Naukri examinations. For doing preparations in a better way, follow our website regularly as we provide you with the Daily Current Affairs. Check these 16th September 2017 GKToday Current Affairs for the GK section’s preparation and make yourself able to crack the exam. Not only just cracking the exam but also scoring the better marks. Read the latest Current Affairs Today September 16 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Current Affairs Today September 16 2017 – National Affairs
India’s First Lithium-Ion Battery Unit in Gujarat.
- Suzuki Motor will invest more than Rs 1,150 crore along with Japanese partners Toshiba and Denso to set up India’s first lithium-ion battery facility in Gujarat.
- The announcement by the parent of the country’s largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki is a major boost to the government’s ambitious vehicle electrification and Make in India initiatives.
- In the battery venture, Suzuki will hold half the stake, while Toshiba will own 40% and Denso the remaining 10%.
India’s First Centre for Animal Law Sets up at NALSA
- India’s first Centre for Animal Law has been established at the city-based NALSAR University of Law in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi inaugurated the centre.
- HSI-India Managing Director N G Jayasimha has been appointed as the honorary director of the Centre.
- The Centre will create curriculum on animal welfare laws, including developing topics for research
International Affairs – 16th September 2017 Current Affairs
Stuttgart is the least stressful city in the world, as per the study.
- According to a study by Zipjet, a UK-based start-up, German city Stuttgart is the least stressed out city in the world.
- Out of the 150 cities, Bengaluru stands at 130, Kolkata at 131 and Mumbai at 138 and Delhi is ranked 142.
- The most stressed city in the world is Baghdad.
Business Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 16 2017
HDFC Bank is India’s Top Brand according to BrandZ Top 50 Report.
- India’s second largest private sector bank HDFC Bank topped the list of the country’s top 50 brands according to a report released by marketing and advertising conglomerate WPP Plc and Kantar Millward Brown.
- The bank has retained the top spot for the fourth year in a row.
- Airtel is at the 2nd spot and State Bank of India is at 3rd.
- According to the report, consumption of packaged consumer goods fell 4.2% and 2.4% year on year in November and December 2016 respectively but recovered 0.6% in March this year and 3.9% in April.
Amazon ties up with Bank of Baroda.
- Amazon has tied up with Bank of Baroda to offer microloans to its sellers.
- Loans will be extended in the range of Rs 1 lakh to Rs 25 lakh at annual interest rates b/w 10.45% & 11.5% RPT.
- Loans will be offered on the invite-only basis to marketplace sellers.
- Repayments will be done through a locked account provided by Bank of Baroda, thus helping the bank, too, to grow its customer accounts
Current Affairs 16th September 2017 – Appointment Affairs
The Advertising Standards Council of India appoints Abanti Sankaranarayanan as the chairman.
- The Advertising Standards Council of India has appointed Abanti Sankaranarayanan as the chairman of its board.
- Sankaranarayanan the former Vice-chairman of Confederation of Indian Alcoholic Beverage Companies, has been a member of the Board of Governors for four years.
- She is also the Chief Strategy and Corporate Affairs Officer at Diageo India
Current Affairs Today September 16 2017 – Agreement Affairs
India, Japan sign open sky agreement.
- India and Japan signed an agreement that will allow their airlines to operate the unlimited number of flights between the two countries.
- The open sky agreement will be sign in accordance with the National Civil Aviation Policy (NCAP), 2016
- The NCAP allows government to enter into ‘open sky’ air services agreement on reciprocal basis with SAARC nations as well as countries with territory
Science and Technology Affairs – Today Current Events
NASA finds shape-shifting bacteria.
- Bacterial cells treated with a common antibiotic have been spotted changing shape to survive while aboard the International Space Station.
- The way bacteria act in near-zero gravity environments could pose a serious problem for treating astronauts with infections.
- The group of researchers was led by Luis Zea of the University of Colorado
Latest GK Today Updates – Obituary News
World’s Oldest Person Violet Mosse-Brown from Jamaica Dies at 117.
- The world’s oldest person Violet Mosse-Brown from Jamaica has died at the age of 117. She was born on March 10, 1900, in Jamaica.
- The prime minister of Jamaica, Andrew Holness, informed about Mosse-Brown’s death.
- Brown had been given the honour in April 2017 when Italy’s Emma Morano died, also at the age of 117.
- With the death of Brown, Japanese 117-year-old Nabi Tajima is now the known oldest human on the planet.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the jobs you are trying for. This Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.