Read the latest Current Affairs Today September 18 2017 here. Our page has important Current News updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exam. We have the Current affairs 18th September 2017 sections with the latest news that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 18th September 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 18th September 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various bank job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today September 18 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
National Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 18 2017
Prime Minister Modi inaugrated the Sardar Sarovar dam in dabhoi.
- Sardar Sarovar Dam project will help the farmers of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan also.
- The ‘Statue of Unity’ will come up on the waters of Narmada and will draw tourists from all over.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj arrived in New York on Monday to attend the annual United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
- Ms. Swaraj, will be leading a high-powered Indian delegation and will hold about 20 bilateral and trilateral meetings with leaders attending the session.
- The Minister has scheduled a series of meetings with Tunisian Foreign Minister Khemaies Jhinaoui, Bhutanese Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay, Danish Foreign Minister Anders Samuelsen, Latvian Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkevics and her Bolivian counterpart Fernando Huanacuni Mamani.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 18 2017
Weibo CFO Herman Yu is the new CFO of Baidu.
- Chinese search engine giant Baidu Inc has hired the finance chief of Weibo Corp as its new chief financial officer.
- Weibo’s CFO since 2015, Jennifer Li step down as CFO after almost a decade.
- She will remain chief executive of Baidu’s private equity unit Baidu Capital, focusing on AI.
Business Affairs – Current Affairs Updates
SAP’s India Head is appointed as the president of HANA Enterprise Cloud.
- German software Giant SAP has appointed Dilip kumar Khandelwal as president of its HANA Enterprise Cloud.
- SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud delivers cloud infrastructure and services for SAP’s in-memory applications, database, and platform.
Design Head of Infosys Sanjay Rajagopalan quits.
- Rajagopalan was previously working as an executive in SAP and joined Infosys in 2015.
- Ritika Suri, former executive vice president, and Yusuf Bashir, former managing director of Infosys Innovation Fund also quit the company.
Sports Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 18 2017
Indian Tennis Player Ramkumar Ramanathan out of Davis Cup.
- World number 51 Shapovalov shut the door on the visitors with a 6-3, 7-6(1), 6-3 win.
- Yuki Bhambri won the dead fifth rubber against Brayden Schnur 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 as India lost the World Group Play-off tie 2-3 to the hosts.
- India have not managed to cross the Play-offs for the fourth time, having lost to Serbia, Czech Republic and Spain in previous three attempts.
PV Sindhu won the Women’s Singles of the Korean Open.
- India’s Olympic shuttler P.V. Sindhu defeated Nozomi Okuhara of Japan to clinch the women’s singles title at the Korea Open Super Series.
- The Fifth-seeded Sindhu overcame the eighth-seeded Okuhara 22-20, 11-21, 20-18. This is Sindhu’s third Super Series title of her career.
Appointments – Current Affairs Today
Indian Government appoints new envoys to China and Pakistan.
- Gautam Bambawale is appointed as the new ambassador to China and Ajay Bisaria as the next high commissioner to Pakistan.
- India’s ambassador to China Vijay Gokhaleis is the new Secretary (Economic Relations) in the MEA.
- Gautam Bambawale was India’s High Commissioner to Pakistan and Ajay Bisaria was India’s ambassador to Poland.
Scientist Sekhar Basu is given one-year extension as the Atomic Energy Secretary.
- Mr. Basu’s tenure will be extended for one year as Atomic Energy Secretary, till mid-September next year.
- He was appointed to the post for October 2015 to September 2016. However, in August he was given one-year extension.
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved the extension of tenure till September 19, 2018.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the job hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.