Read the latest Current Affairs Today September 19 2017 here. Our page has important Current News updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exam. We have the Current affairs 19th September 2017 sections with the latest news that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 19th September 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 19th September 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various bank job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today September 192017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
National Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 19 2017
UP CM Yogi Adityanath and his two deputy Chief Ministers took oath as MLCs.
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath took oath as member of the state legislative council with two deputy chief ministers Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma on Monday.
- They were administered the oath by the chairman of the legislative council, Ramesh Yadav at the Tilak Hall of the legislative building.
The Central Government launches Ujjwala Plus scheme to provide LPG connections to the poor.
- The scheme will allow people to donate cooking gas connections for the poor.
- Each connection costs Rs 1,600, for which donors will get tax relief under Section 80G.
- Donors can pay the cost of the Ujjwala LPG connection. The oil ministry has started a non-profit company to help the process.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 19 2017
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj holds talks with US and Japan.
- Foreign ministers of India, Japan and US held talks on a range of issues including connectivity and maritime security.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, US secretary of state Rex Tillerson and Japanese foreign minister Taro Kono exchanged views on the need for freedom of navigation, respect for international law and peaceful resolution of disputes and proliferation issues.
Defense Affairs – September 19 2017 Current Affairs
India and US begins their annual bilateral joint military exercise.
- 13th edition of the Yudh Abhyas 2017, a bilateral joint military training exercise between India and United States was held at Joint Base Lewis McChord in Washington.
- The military exercise is held alternately by the two countries to jointly train, plan and execute well-developed tactical drills for neutralization of threats.
Business Affairs – Current Affairs Updates
New India Assurance Company Ltd gets approval from Sebi to float initial public offer (IPO).
- The government will sell 9.6 crore shares and the company will sell 2.4 crore shares through the IPO.
- Also, the initial share-sale offers of General Insurance Corporation of India and HDFC Standard Life Insurance are awaiting Sebi’s approval.
Science and Technology News – Current News Updates
Google launches Payments app Tez in India.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched Google’s payment app- ‘Tez’ on Monday.
- Google India said Tez will enable money transfer directly from the customer’s bank accounts without having to share their personal information.
- The app will function on Android and iOS platforms.
- The app will also understand eight Indian languages and will work along with 55 Indian banks.
Sports Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 19 2017
British cyclist broke the Guinness World Record for fastest circumnavigation of the planet on a bicycle.
- British endurance cyclist Mark Beaumont broke the Guinness World Record by riding 18,000 miles (29,000km) in under 80 days.
- He cycled for 18 hours a day and burned more than 9,000 calories every 24 hours.
- He crossed 6 countries – Poland, Russia, Mongolia, China, Australia and the United States to get the record.
Lewis Hamilton won the Singapore Grand Prix.
- Lewis Hamilton won the Singapore Grand Prix after Ferrari duo Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikonnen crashed on the first lap.
- The race was reduced by three laps to 58, Daniel Ricciardo of Red Bull came second and Valtteri Bottas third to finish the race.
Appointments – Current Affairs Today
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet appointed Y C Modi as DG of the NIA.
- Mr. Modi will hold the post till May 31, 2021.
- He is a 1984 batch IPS officer of the Assam-Meghalaya cadre, he is at present the special director of the CBI.
- Rajni Kant Misra, Senior IPS officer, has been appointed as the director general of the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the job hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.