We are giving you with the Current Affairs Today September 2 2017 which will help you for preparing your competitive exams. Staying updated with the daily events and happenings is important in today’s competitive world. If you dream of a job in the government sector, you should have known about the day to day Current Events. Aspirants, those who are going to apply for the Sarkari Naukri must practice the 2nd September 2017 Current Affairs GK Questions. You will get Latest September 2nd 2017 Current Affairs that will help you to crack any Govt. exam. Candidates make use of Current Affairs Today September 2 2017 for scoring good marks in UPSC, RRB, SSC Exams.
Current Affairs 2nd September 2017 – Latest Current Updates
- Karnataka gets its third home minister in five years.
- In Myanmar PM Modi to discuss Rohingya issue.
- Donald Trump will nominate Kenneth Juster as US ambassador to India.
- Raghavji Patel Ex-Congress MLA joins BJP.
- China appoints Han Weiguo the New army commander in the major reshuffle.
- Vedanta limited to invest Rs. 50,000 crore on India business expansion.
- Rajiv Kumar takes charge as Niti Aayog vice-chairman
- Aditya Birla Group tops $50billion mark for 1st time.
- In FIFA rankings India women’s team rises to 56.
- Sri Lanka fails to seal direct qualification for ICC World Cup.
- Indian Origin Civil Servant JY Pillay takes the appointment as Interim President Of Singapore.
- In Shanghai, China opens first civilian drone base.
- US Ban On North Korea Travel Comes Into Force.
National News – Current Affairs Today September 2 2017
Raghavji Patel Ex-Congress MLA joins BJP.
- Former Gujarat Congress MLA Raghavji Patel becomes the latest person to the BJP in the poll-bound state.
- During the last ten days, six MLAs of the opposition party made a move into the ruling party.
- Raghavji Patel represented Jamnagar (Rural) seat before resigning from the party.
Karnataka gets its third home minister in five years.
- With seven months left for Siddaramaiah government, the Congress has appointed former transport minister Ramalinga Reddy as the new home minister.
- Ramalinga Reddy will be the third home minister in the last five years in the Siddaramaiah government.
- Ramalinga Reddy a four-time MLA from BTM Layout, will now have the sensitive job of managing the law and order situation in the state.
In Myanmar PM Modi to discuss Rohingya issue.
- On his first bilateral state visit, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will travel to Myanmar on September 5th.
- During his visit the both sides are expected to ink a number of agreements and discuss on key issues including the exodus of Rohingya community.
- At least 60,000 Rohingya Muslims have entered India illegally from Myanmar over the years.
2nd September 2017 Current Affairs – International Updates
Donald Trump will nominate Kenneth Juster as US ambassador to India.
- President Trump has nominates economic expert Kenneth Juster to be the US ambassador to India.
- Kenneth Juster recently served as the Deputy Assistant to the President for International Economic Affairs and Deputy Director of the National Economic Council.
- Juster has also served as Chairman of Harvard University Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, and as Vice Chairman of The Asia Foundation.
In Shanghai, China opens first civilian drone base – Current Affairs Today September 2 2017
- The Civil Aviation Administration of China made an announcement of the opening of the country’s first test-flight base for civilian drones in Shanghai.
- According to the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of China, there are over 120,000 registered drones in the country.
- Controlling almost 70 per cent of market share China has approximately 500 drone manufacturers.
US Ban On North Korea Travel Comes Into Force.
- Washington’s ban on US citizens traveling to North Korea came into force on 1st September 2017.
- The measure came in to force following the death of student Otto Warmbier in June.
Business News – Current Affairs September 2nd 2017
Vedanta limited to invest Rs. 50,000 crore on India business expansion.
- Vedanta Resources the Metals and mining company plans to invest around Rs. 50,000 crores on business expansion in India.
- The Vedanta is a major player in India Zinc Industry, primary Aluminium market, and refined copper.
- It is India’s largest private sector Iron Ore exporter and operator of 26 per cent of India’s crude oil production through Cairn India.
Aditya Birla Group tops $50billion mark for 1st time.
- Aditya Birla Capital, the financial services holding company of the Kumar Mangalam Birla-led Aditya Birla Group crossed $50 billion mark for the first time.
- At the current market cap, the group stands third among the large Indian private companies.
- On the top of the chart, there is N Chandrasekaran led Tata Group, followed by the Ambani Ambaniled Reliance Group.
September 2nd 2017 Current Updates – Appointments News
China appoints Han Weiguo the New army commander in the major reshuffle.
- China appoints Han Weiguo as the new army commander in a reshuffle of top posts ahead of next month congress of the ruling Communist Party.
- Han Weiguo replaces Li Zuocheng following his promotion as the new chief of the Joint Staff Department of the People’s Liberation Army in August.
Indian Origin Civil Servant JY Pillay takes the appointment as Interim President Of Singapore.
- Joseph Yuvaraj Pillay, an Indian origin veteran civil servant, takes the appointment as Singapore’s acting president.
- The 83-year-old Mr. Pillay took over from Tony Tan Keng Yam who completed a six-year term on 31st August 2017.
- The office has fallen vacant for the first time since the elected presidency was introduced in 1991.
Rajiv Kumar takes charge as Niti Aayog vice-chairman
- Rajiv Kumar the senior fellow at the Centre for Policy Research takes charge as Niti Aayog Vice Chairman.
- He replaced Arvind Panagariya, an Indian-American economist.
- Rajiv Kumar was a member of the National Security Advisory Board between 2006 and 2008.
Sports Updates – Current Affairs Today September 2 2017
In FIFA rankings India women’s team rises to 56.
- In the recently released FIFA rankings, India women’s football team jumped four places to be ranked 56th.
- India is now at the 13th position in Asia, between Iran and Hong Kong.
- The next FIFA rankings will come out on December 15, 2017.
Sri Lanka fails to seal direct qualification for ICC World Cup.
- Sri Lanka fails to seal a direct qualification place in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- The 1996 World champions needed two wins in the five match series to secure a place in the ICC’s pinnacle 50-over event.
- Teams not getting direct places in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 will get another shot through a qualifying tournament.
|Read 1st September Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|