Read the latest Current Affairs Today September 20 2017 here. Our page has important Current News updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exam. We have the Current affairs 20th September 2017 sections with the latest news that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 20th September 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 20th September 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various bank job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today September 20 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
National Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 20 2017
Maharashtra Government will waive farmer loans from October 15.
- Maharashtra agriculture minister Pandurang Fundkar announced the government’s loan waiver scheme will be implemented from October 15.
- The loan waiver scheme is announced to settle loan amounts up to Rs 1.50 lakh on June 24 .
- Around 44 lakh farmers will be benefited from the loan waiver and other farmers, who repay their loan regularly will get some amount in return.
- The total number of beneficiaries for the scheme is 89 lakh.
Retiring Central Government Employees will get an App to monitor their pension.
- Central government employees who are about to retire can monitor the progress of their pension settlement cases.
- Retired employees can also check their superannuation funds and record complaints, through the pension calculator.
- Minister of State for Personnel, Public grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh launched the app.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 20 2017
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj meets Bangladesh and Bhutan Prime Ministers.
- Sushma Swaraj paid a courtesy call discussing our historical and cultural ties with Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
- She also met Bhutanese Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay and discussed various bilateral issues.
Business Affairs – Current Affairs Updates
SBI Life IPO will open on Wednesday.
- SBI Life will open Rs 8,400 crore initial public offering for subscription from Wednesday.
- The IPO by size is the largest in life insurance in India and it is the second life insurance company to list on bourses.
- The IPO will be open only till September 22.
- The price band for the IPO is Rs 685-700 per equity share with a face value of Rs 10 each.
UM Lohia will set up another two wheeler manufacturing plant in India.
- UM Lohia Two Wheelers Pvt. Ltd., the Indian arm of UM International,will set up a manufacturing unit to make cruiser motorcycles in India.
- Currently, UM is producing four cruiser bikes at the Kashipur plant in Uttarakhand.
Science and Technology News – Current News Updates
Reliance and IBM enters into a partnership to develop IoT Solutions.
- Unlimit, a Reliance Group firm and IBM announced that they have entered into partnership to jointly develop internet-of-things solutions.
- IBM and UNLIMIT will create IoT solutions for specific industries, including automotive, insurance, utilities and industrial automation.
- Unlimit will design IoT use cases for various industries and build them on the IBM Watson IoT Platform.
Sports Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 20 2017
Belgium and France will play the Davis Cup final in Belgium.
- The Davis Cup final will be played at Lille’s Stade Pierre-Mauroy on November 24-26.
- Nine-time champions France last won the Davis Cup in 2001 and Belgium has been the runner up twice.
Dominika Cibulkova defeated Carla Suarez Navarro in the Pan Pacific Open.
- Fifth-seeded Dominika Cibulkova defeated Carla Suarez Navarro 6-3, 6-3 to advance to the second-round spot in the Pan Pacific Open on Tuesday.
- Cibulkova next plays Katerina Siniakova in the second round.
Appointments – Current Affairs Today
25 new Judges are appointed to Allahabad and Calcutta High Courts.
- The Indian government appointed 25 additional judges for the high courts of Allahabad and Calcutta.
- Allahabad will get 19 judges and six judges for Kolkata.
- Additional judges will have a term of two years and are promoted based on their performance.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the job hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.