Read the latest Current Affairs Today September 22 2017 here. Our page has important Current News updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exam. We have the Current affairs 22nd September 2017 sections with the latest news that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 22nd September 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 22nd September 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various bank job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today September 22 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
National Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 22 2017
DGCA grants license to Shirdi Airport.
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) issued the licence to Shirdi Airport for public use for day operations.
- A greenfield airport at Kakadi, Rahata in Ahmednagar was developed by the Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC).
- It has a runway of 2500 meters and it can handle aircrafts like Airbus A-320 and Boeing 737.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 22 2017
India will develop 116 high impact projects in Afghanistan.
- India will develop 116 high impact community developmental projects in 31 provinces of Afghanistan.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani took the decision during the UN General Assembly session.
Defense Affairs – Daily Current Affairs
Indian Navy gets new Scorpene class Submarine.
- Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd. (MDL) handed over the first of the Scorpene submarines to the Navy.
- The submarine, named INS Kalvari has features such as acoustic silencing techniques, low-radiated noise levels, hydro-dynamically optimized shape and the ability to launch precision guided weapons.
- MDL will constructed Six Scorpene submarines for the Navy.
Business Affairs – Current Affairs Updates
Ebix will acquire MTSS business of Paul Merchants for $40 million.
- Ebix said it will acquire the money transfer service scheme (MTSS) business of Paul Merchants for $40.7 million.
- Paul Merchants will take a 10 per cent stake in Ebix’s international remittance business in India -You First Money Express (YME).
ITI won Rs. 7,000 crore deal from the Army.
- Public sector firm ITI Ltd. won a ₹7,000-crore deal to deploy and maintain the Army’s modern communication network across India.
- It will provide telecom solution and infrastructure and maintenance support of the network for eight years.
- The Army Static Switched Communication Network (ASCON) was established 25 years ago by ITI.
Agreements – Current News Updates
Amazon will tie up with the Indian Government to sell Tribal Products on it’s Website.
- The Union government will sign an MoU with Amazon to sell tribal handicrafts online.
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED) will sign the MoU with Amazon.
- Snapdeal has already tied-up with TRIFED.
Sports Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 22 2017
Leander Paes and Purav Raja reach quaterfinals of the St Petersburg Open.
- They won a straight-set over Italian – American, Fabio Fognini and James Cerretani.
- They won 6-3 6-4 in one hour and seven minutes.
Barbora Strycova reached the quarterfinals at the Pan Pacific Open.
- She defeated Jo Konta, 7-5, 7-6 (5).
- Strycova is the oldest singles player and is making her eighth appearance in Tokyo Open this year.
- She will play Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova in the next round.
PV Sindhu and Saina Nehwal lost in the Japan Open Super Series.
- Sindhu lost 18-21 8-21. Saina Nehwal lost 16-21 13-21 to Olympic champion Carolina Marin of Spain.
- K Srikanth reached the final 8 after defeating Hong Kong’s Hu Yun 21-12 21-11.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the job hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Current Affairs page is well written by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.