Read the latest Current Affairs Today September 23 2017 here. Our page has important Current News updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exam. We have the Current affairs 22nd September 2017 sections with the latest news that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 23rd September 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 23rd September 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various bank job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today September 23 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
National Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 23 2017
Central Government will adopt 60 villages in Uttarakhand.
- The Center will adopt 60 villages in Uttarakhand to help them become self-sustaining through various scientific interventions.
- The development will be made in areas of processing and value addition of milk, honey, mushroom, herbal tea, etc., and traditional crafts and handloom of the state.
- Villages in Gaindikhata, Bazeera, Bhigun and Kausani have been selected for the pilot phase.
Indian Government extends the time period for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- The Centre has extend the time period for availing interest subsidy on home loans under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana by the middle income groups up to 2019.
- Under this scheme beneficiaries with annual income between Rs 6 lakh to Rs 12 lakh would get an interest subsidy of 4% on a 20 year loan of Rs 9 lakh.
- Those with annual income between Rs 12 lakh to Rs 18 lakh would get interest subsidy of 3%.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 23 2017
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj met US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to discuss H1-B Visa and terrorism.
- Sushma Swaraj met US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Friday and discussed the issue of H-1B visa.
- They also discussed regional issues and terrorism.
- Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar and Indian Ambassador to the US Navtej Sarna were also present.
- The American delegation included Acting Assistant Secretary of State Alice Wells and Lisa Curtis head of the South Asia division in National Security Council.
French President Signs 5 Orders to implement labour reforms.
- French President Emmanuel Macron has signed five orders to implement labor law measures to boost economic growth.
- The orders are for reform of unemployment benefits and a training plan for jobless people.
Business Affairs – Current Affairs Updates
PM Narendra Modi will launch new scheme to provide power for all.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch a new scheme for providing 24X7 electricity to all on September 25.
- Power Minister R K Singh said the scheme named ‘Saubhagya’ will provide subsidy on electrical equipment like transformers, meters and wires.
Dabur ties up with Amazon to sell Ayurveda products.
- The company will offer consumers various ayurvedic medicines for treating a variety of ailments, and other health and personal care products.
- Products of other Ayurveda manufacturers Patanjali and Himalaya would also feature on the marketplace.
Sports Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 23 2017
French Tennis player Benoit Paire reached the semifinals of the Moselle Open on Friday after defeating David Goffinto.
- Benoit Paire defeated David Goffinto to reach the semifinals of the Moselle Open on Friday.
- Paire beat the 2014 champion David Goffinto 7-6 (3), 5-7, 7-6 (7).
World number one Garbine Muguruza reached the semi-finals of the Pan Pacific Open.
- Garbine Muguruza beat France’s Caroline Garcia 6-2, 6-4 on Friday to reach the semi-finals of the Pan Pacific Open.
- Muguruza will face either title-holder Caroline Wozniacki or Slovakia’s Dominika Cibulkova in the semi final.
World number one Son Wan-Ho reached the semifinal of Japan Open.
- World number one shuttler Son Wan-Ho defeated two-time Olympic champion Lin Dan of China at the Japan Badminton Open.
- South Korea’s Son beat the champion 21-15, 21-15, he now faces world champion Viktor Axelsen of Denmark in the semi final.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the job hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Current Affairs page is well written by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.