Read the latest Current Affairs Today September 25 2017 here. Our page has important Current News updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exam. We have the Current affairs 25th September 2017 sections with the latest news that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 25th September 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 25th September 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various bank job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today September 25 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
National Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 25 2017
Japan will invest in infrastructure and other projects in the North East.
- The Japanese Embassy said it will invest in the North East’s infrastructure, education and people-to-people sectors.
- They made the announcement at the 4th Northeast Connectivity Summit in Kohima.
- The next edition of the summit will be held in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh.
- The summit also included diplomats from Bhutan, Myanmar, Russia, Bangladesh, Laos and Thailand.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 25 2017
A joint trade and investment show will be held by India, US and Afghanistan.
- India, US and Afghanistan will hold a joint trade and investment show in New Delhi.
- The event will be sponsored by the US and hosted by India.
- It will be inaugurated by Afghan CEO Dr Abdullah who is visiting India from September 27-29.
India will buy Nuclear fuel from Uzbekistan.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held bilateral talks with Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev to buy Uranium to fuel the pressurized heavy water reactors.
- India imports uranium from Kazakhstan and Canada.
- It will also import uranium from Namibia and Mongolia.
Business Affairs – Current Affairs Updates
Patni Computers and Amazon forms a Joint Venture.
- The Joint Venture is to build an e-commerce and customer services platform for Amazon.
- Apoorva Patni, son of Patni Computer founder Ashok Patni, will own a 51% stake,and Amazon Asia Pacific Holdings will own 49% in Frontizo Business Services.
- Amazon had signed a similar JV with Infosys founder N R Narayana Murthy’s Catamaran Ventures called Cloudtail.
Essar Ports invests ₹830 crore to upgrade its Vizag Port facility.
- Essar Ports has invested ₹830 crore to upgrade and double the iron ore handling capacity of its Vizag Terminal in Andhra Pradesh.
- The terminal is an all-weather facility which includes receiving and shipping system.
- The receiving system is completely mechanised with high capacity wagon tipplers for receiving cargo and one of the longest conveyor systems.
- The shipping system has high capacity reclaimers and ship loaders.
Sports Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 25 2017
India’s Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah wins gold at the Slovenia Open Junior and Cadet Open.
- India’s Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah defeated Chinese Taipei duo of Feng I-Hsin and Tai Ming-Wei11-7, 11-6, 17-15.
- They won the gold in the 2017 Slovenia Open Junior and Cadet Open at Otocec on Sunday.
World champion Viktor Axelsen wins the Japan Open.
- Viktor Axelsen of Denmark beat Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei on Sunday to win the Japan Open title.
- Axelsen defeated Lee 21-14, 19-21, 21-14 in the men’s singles final.
- In the women’s singles Carolina Marin of Spain defeated Bingjiao of China 23-21, 21-12.
Jelena Ostapenko won the Korea Open after defeating Brazil’s Beatriz
- Jelena Ostapenko defeated Brazil’s Beatriz Haddad Maia at the Korea Open on Sunday.
- She defeated Beatriz, 6-7 (5), 6-1, 6-4.
- Ostapenko is the first Latvian to win a Grand Slam tournament.
Appointments – Current Affairs Today
Chief Economic Adviser Arvind Subramanian’s tenure is extended by one year.
The government extended chief economic adviser Arvind Subramanian’s term by one year.
His three-year term is due to end on October 16. Finance minister Arun Jaitley made the announcement.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the job hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.