Read the latest Current Affairs Today September 26 2017 here. Our page has important Current News updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exam. We have the Current affairs 26th September 2017 sections with the latest news that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 26th September 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 26th September 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various bank job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today September 26 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
National Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 26 2017
Union water resources minister Nitin Gadkari met Chief Ministers of four States to discuss river linking projects.
- Union water resources minister Nitin Gadkari met chief ministers of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh to discuss river linking projects.
- Gujarat and Maharashtra will sign a agreement for the Damanganga-Pinjal inter-linking of river (ILR) project.
- UP and MP will implement the Ken-Betwa ILR project.
- Damanganga-Pinjal ILR project will provide drinking water to Mumbai till 2060.
Union Government sets up the Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council.
- Bibek Debroy, a member of the NITI Aayog will head the EAC.
- The panel also include Surjit Bhalla, Rathin Roy and Ashima Goyal.
- Ratan Watal, principal advisor, NITI Aayog will be the member-secretary of the panel.
Shirdi Airport to be inaugrated by President Ram Nath Kovind on October 1.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate the Shirdi Airport on October 1.
- The green field airport at Kakadi, Talluka Rahata in Ahmednagar is developed by the Maharashtra Airport Development Company.
- The airport will have only day operations on the 2,500 meters runway and it is capable of handling Airbus 320 and Boeing 737 aircrafts.
Indian Government launched the Saubhagya Scheme to provide electricity.
- The ₹16,000 crore Saubhagya scheme will give power connections free of cost.
- PM Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana (Saubhagya) plans to give connections to 4 crore households.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 26 2017
World’s Heaviest Woman Eman Abdul Atti passed away.
- 37-year-old Egyptian Eman Abdul Atti, died in the UAE due to complications from her weight.
- Eman weighed roughly 500 kg, but lost 323 kilograms after undergoing bariatric surgery.
- She died at the Burjeel Hospital in Abu Dhabi.
Business Affairs – Current Affairs Updates
Thomas Cook Buys Tata Capital’s forex and travel services companies.
- Thomas Cook India will buy two subsidiaries of Tata Sons, Tata Capital Forex Ltd and TC Travel and Services Ltd.
- It is one of the largest forex dealers in the country, it handles 1.3 million transactions annually.
- Tata Capital’s forex and travel services companies has offices in 26 locations and employs 300 people.
Mangalore Chemicals and Fertilisers is going to invest ₹1,000 crore to set up a new facility in Mangaluru.
- Mangalore Chemicals and Fertilisers will invest ₹1,000 crore over 3 years to set up a new brownfield facility in Mangaluru.
- It is a subsidiary of Zuari Fertilisers and Chemicals.
- The new plant will improve energy efficiency.
Sports Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 26 2017
India’s Sourav Kothari won the Gold medal at the Asian Indoor Games.
- Sourav Kothari defeated Praprut Chaitanasakun of Thailand to win the gold medal in the Asian Indoor Games.
- Kothari won the match 3-1 which was held in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.
Indian Shuttler PV Sindhu nominated for Padma Bhushan Award.
- Indian shuttler PV Sindhu is nominated for the Padma Bhushan award by the Sports Ministry.
- She became the first Indian shuttler to win the Korea Open Super Series title.
- Sindhu was awarded the Padma Shri in March 2015.
Appointments – Current Affairs Today
Former home secretary Rajiv Mehrishi is the new comptroller and auditor general.
- Rajiv Mehrishi took over as the new comptroller and auditor general (CAG) of India.
- Rajiv Mehrishi is a 1978 batch IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre, he has a three year term till August 7, 2020.
- He took over from Shashi Kant Sharma.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the job hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.