Read the latest Current Affairs Today September 28 2017 here. Our page has important Current News updates which will help you score good marks in any competitive exam. We have the Current affairs 28th September 2017 sections with the latest news that is happening in the world. Read the Current Affairs News and take the 28th September 2017 GK Quiz. Candidates make use of this 28th September 2017 Current Affairs article which will be helpful for you in the preparation of various bank job exams. Make use of the latest Current Affairs Today September 28 2017.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
National Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 28 2017
Government approved Rs. 25,000 crores to modernize security in the country.
- The Cabinet Committee on Security approved funding for modernization of Police Forces.
- The Central government will allocate Rs 18,636 crore and the States will spend Rs 6,424 crore.
- The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS), headed by PM Narendra Modi, gave the approval for a three year period from 2017-18 to 2019-20.
- The scheme covers women’s security, logistical support, upgrading the police wireless network, national satellite network, crime and criminal tracking network and systems and e-prison.
Finance Ministry will activate 7 crore inactive Jan Dhan Accounts.
- Prime Minister Modi asked Finance Ministry officials to activate seven crore inactive Jan Dhan bank accounts to help the citizens get government benefits.
- The government has also started the Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan (Accessible India Campaign) for people with disabilities.
- The progress of development of heritage cities by urban affairs ministry was also reviewed by the Prime Minister.
- Prime Minister held his monthly web-based interaction with secretaries and state chief secretaries (known as PRAGATI) to check on the progress.
The Union Government increased the retirement age of Central Government Doctors to 65 years.
- The Union Cabinet on Wednesday decided to increase the retirement age of central government doctors, including those working under the AYUSH ministry and in the railways, to 65 years.
- Health minister J P Nadda said the age of specialists of non-teaching and general duty medical officers of Central Health Service (CHS) was already extended to 65 years last year.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 28 2017
India and Belarus signed an MoU to improve relations in the oil and natural gas sector.
- Union Cabinet approved an initial pact signed between India and Belarus in the oil and gas sector.
- An MoU was signed on September 12, 2017 when the president of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko visited India.
- The MoU is signed by both sides to establishing cooperation in the areas of capacity building, technology transfer, enhanced oil recovery and development of mature fields in India.
Business Affairs – Current Affairs Updates
Amazon launched Business to Business market place in India.
- Amazon launched its Business to Business platform in India for small and medium sized businesses.
- A pilot project was started in Bengaluru and Mangaluru.
- It aims to get buyers running technology and service companies, manufacturing units, universities, schools and offices.
- Chinese technology giant Alibaba also announced its plans to start its wholesale business in India.
- VP of Amazon India Manish Tiwary said Amazon Wholesale India is also the distributor for smartphone brands like Honor, OnePlus, Xolo, Coolpad, Huawei.
Defense News – September 2017 Current Events
Defense Ministry clears projects worth 1,000 crores.
- India’s Defense Minister Nirmala Sitaraman cleared proposals for upgrading hull-mounted Humsa sonars and short-range surface-to-surface missiles for the Indian Navy.
- The Defense Acquisitions Council (DAC) chaired by the Defense Minister cleared the projects worth Rs 1,000 crore.
Sports Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 28 2017
Bengaluru FC lost to FC Istiklol in the Inter-Zone Finals of the AFC Cup.
- FC Istiklol of Tajikistan defeated Bengaluru FC 0-1, in the Inter-Zone Finals of the AFC Cup football.
- Bengaluru FC defeated 4.25 SC of North Korea 3-0 in the Inter-Zone Semifinals.
- IT will next face Istiklol in the second round on October 18.
- The winner between Bengaluru and Istiklol will play defending champions Air Force Club of Iraq in the final.
Sumit Nagal won the Gold medal at the Asian Indoor Games.
- Sumit Nagal won the men’s singles gold medal in Tennis at the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games.
- Nagal defeated Vijay Sundar Prashanth, 6-1, 6-1to win the gold.
- Vijay Sundar Prashanth also won a gold in the men’s doubles with Vishnu Vardhan.
- Vishnu Vradhan also won a silver in the mixed doubles with Prarthana Thombare.
Garbine Muguruza reached the quarterfinals of the Wuhan Open.
- Top-ranked Tennis player Garbine Muguruza reached the quarterfinals of the Wuhan Open.
- She defeated Magda Linette of Poland 6-2, 1-6, 6-4.
- Muguruza now plays Jelena Ostapenko in the quarterfinals.
Obituary News – Current Affairs Today
Playboy Magazine founder Hugh Hefner died at the age of 91.
- Playboy founder Hugh Hefner died on Wednesday at the age of 91 in the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles.
- He started the magazine in 1953 which reached 200,00 circulation in a year. He also started a string of night clubs around the world in 1960.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the job hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.