Here is the latest Current Affairs Today September 5 2017. Read these current affairs on today popular events occurring around the world. Read this Current News sincerely and also appear for the Today Gk quiz based on Current Affairs September 5th 2017. Here, we have provided the latest GK questions and Gk Quiz links for your reference study. So, start reading the 5th September 2017 Current Affairs to get a good knowledge which will help you to crack competitive exams, such as IBPS, SSC, CRP and various other Bank Jobs. Have a good preparation on September 5th 2017 Current Affairs that can help you in future. We are here with the latest current events and more gk questions on current affairs on this page. Make use of Current Affairs Today September 5 2017 for scoring good marks.
Latest Current Affairs September 5th 2017 – Current Updates
- Under the UDAN scheme, Haryana government offers incentives.
- On common global vision PM Modi and Brazilian president had a discussion.
- To talk about artificial intelligence Rahul Gandhi will visit the US.
- China, U.S investing in Nepal
- Cuba begins the 5-month political transition.
- In Edinburgh, Wipro launches newest digital pod.
- Hindustan Aeronautics signs an agreement with Army.
- Ishaat Hussain Retires From TCS Board.
- Timothy Leverton the Chief Technical Officer Resigns from Tata Motors.
- Novartis appoints Vasanth Narasimhan the Indian doctor from Harvard in charge as CEO.
- Kaia Kanepi the World number 418 reaches US Open quarter-finals.
- For the next five years, Star India wins IPL media rights.
- Kohli equals Tendulkar’s feat, Bumrah jumps to 4th in ODI rankings.
- Sultan Ahmed Trinamool Lawmaker Dies.
National Events – September 5th 2017 Current Affairs
Under the UDAN scheme, Haryana government offers incentives.
- The Haryana government will give incentives to airlines under the UDAN-regional connectivity scheme.
- It is giving incentives with the aim to develop Hisar airport into an integrated aviation hub.
- In the first phase, the existing Hisar airport would be upgraded and developed as a domestic airport under the scheme.
Current Affairs Today September 5 2017 – On common global vision PM Modi and Brazilian president had a discussion.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi met Brazilian President Michel Temer and had a discussion on a partnership based on a common global vision.
- The two leaders had the discussion in the southeastern Chinese city of Xiamen on the sidelines of the ninth BRICS Summit.
- Prime Minister Modi and Brazilian President Temer held a similar bilateral meeting during the previous BRICS Summit in Goa in October 2016.
To talk about artificial intelligence Rahul Gandhi will visit the US.
- To meet the pioneers of research on Artificial Intelligence Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi is headed to the United States.
- As per the sources, Rahul Gandhi wants India to lead in the niche area which comes after software development, in which India has already won global recognition.
- On September 11 at the University of California, Rahul Gandhi will also address a conference on India At 70: Reflections On The Path Forward.
Current Affairs Today September 5 2017 – International News
China, U.S investing in Nepal.
- Nepal got one of the biggest infrastructure-related deals with China.
- The reports say that the US will grant the funds.
- The agreement was between the Investment Board of Nepal and Hongshi-Shivam Cement, a Nepal-China venture.
Cuba begins the 5-month political transition.
- Cuba began a five-month political transition which is expected to end with Raul Castro’s departure from the presidency.
- Over this month, Cubans will meet in small groups to nominate municipal representatives.
- The Congress is expecting to pick the president and members of the powerful Council of State by February.
5th September 2017 Current Affairs – Business News
In Edinburgh, Wipro launches newest digital pod.
- To offer digital services at close proximity to its UK and European customers Wipro launches its newest digital pod.
- Wipro launch took place in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Wipro has 15 other digital and design pods across the globe including London, New York, Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Bengaluru, and Tokyo.
Agreement News – Today GK Updates
Hindustan Aeronautics signs an agreement with Army – Current Affairs Today September 5 2017
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd the state run aircraft maker says it has signed a Rs. 6,100 crore contract.
- The contract is made for supplying 41 Advanced Light Helicopters to the Indian Army and one to the Indian Navy.
- HAL signed a contract for supplying 32 ALH to the navy and the Indian Coast Guard in March this year.
Appointment News – Current Affairs Today Updates
Novartis appoints Vasanth Narasimhan the Indian doctor from Harvard in charge as CEO.
- Swiss pharmaceutical giant Novartis appoints its drug development chief Vasanth Narasimhan as their new CEO.
- He takes the appointment after the surprise departure of Chief Executive Officer Joseph Jimenez after eight years at the helm of Europe’s largest drugmaker.
- Narasimhan joined Novartis in 2005, prior to which he worked at McKinsey & Co.
Today Current Affairs – Retirements and Resignations News
Ishaat Hussain Retires From TCS Board.
- Tata Consultancy Services IT major company says its Director Ishaat Hussain has retired from the company board.
- Hussain served as interim Chairman at TCS from November last year.
- Last week, Ishaat Hussain retired from boards of Tata Steel and Voltas.
Timothy Leverton the Chief Technical Officer Resigns from Tata Motors.
- Chief technical officer (CTO) Timothy Leverton, of Tata Motors, had made resignation to his post.
- Timothy Leverton is been with the company for seven years, has resigned, citing personal reasons.
Sports – Current Affairs Today September 5 2017
Kaia Kanepi the World number 418 reaches US Open quarter-finals.
- Estonia’s Kaia Kanepi became only the second qualifier to reach the US Open.
- The world number 418 Kaia Kanepi defeated Russia’s Daria Kasatkina 6-4, 6-4 in an exciting match.
- It is her sixth quarter-final at the majors and second in New York after also reaching the last eight in 2010.
For the next five years, Star India wins IPL media rights.
- Star India bags the IPL media rights for TV and digital broadcast worth Rs 16,347.50 crore with a single consolidated bid worldwide.
- It took over Sony to acquire the rights from 2018 to 2022.
Kohli equals Tendulkar’s feat, Bumrah jumps to 4th in ODI rankings.
- Virat Kohli equalled Sachin Tendulkar’s record of highest rating points by an Indian.
- Jumping as many as 27 places India pacer Jasprit Bumrah is at fourth place in ODI rankings.
Current Affairs 5th September 2017 – Obituary News
Sultan Ahmed Trinamool Lawmaker Dies.
- MP Sultan Ahmed former Union minister and sitting Trinamool Congress dies following a cardiac arrest.
- He was elected to the Lok Sabha from Uluberia constituency from Trinamool Congress party.
- Ahmed had served as the Union Minister of State for Tourism in the UPA government.
|Read 4th September Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|