- 1 Current Affairs September 7th 2017 – Latest Current Events
Read Current Affairs Today September 7 2017. We have given the latest updates on the ongoing present and latest national news and international news. Take today Gk Questions on latest 7th September 2017 current affairs. By reading this Current affairs candidate can score good marks in UPSC, IBPS, SSC and various other Exams. We have provided with today Gk Quiz and Gk Questions on today Current Affairs September 2017. Applicants can have a good look at the current events happening around the world by reading this article. Make use of Current Affairs Today September 7 2017 for better scoring in exams.
Current Affairs September 7th 2017 – Latest Current Events
- Amarinder Singh Punjab Chief Minister to make week long London visit.
- India, Japan to step up defense cooperation.
- NHAI made an announcement to expand 112km highway stretch in Myanmar.
- 5 Indian Americans Make US 2017 Politico 50 List which is led By Nikki Haley.
- In U.K. refinery Essar Oil to invest $250 million.
- HDFC Bank’s ‘Eva’ Becomes India’s Smartest Chatbot.
- LNG plan Petronet to form a joint venture with Japan and Sri Lanka.
- From Sept 16 Air India to launch a nonstop flight between Delhi and Copenhagen thrice a week flight.
- To Bolster Ties India Signs 11 Agreements With Myanmar.
- On the third day of Commonwealth, Weightlifting Indians win ten medals.
- Man Kaur the 101-year old seeks votes for prestigious Laureus Award.
National News – Current Affairs Today September 7 2017
Amarinder Singh Punjab Chief Minister to make week long London visit.
- Captain Amarinder Singh Punjab Chief Minister will go on an eight-day private visit to London.
- After becoming chief minister in March 2017 it will be Amarinder’s first visit abroad.
- He will be attending the launch of his book The 36th Sikhs in the Tirah Campaign 1897-98 during his visit.
India, Japan to step up defense cooperation.
- India and Japan made an agreement to collaborate closely in defense production, including on dual-use technologies.
- The decision by India and Japan to boost defense ties comes after the nuclear test by North Korea and China’s growing assertiveness in the South China Sea.
- The two sides also welcomed the deal between Japan’s Acquisition, Technology and Logistic Agency (ATLA) and India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
NHAI made an announcement to expand 112km highway stretch in Myanmar.
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) made an announcement that it will undertake the first international road project in Myanmar.
- It involves the expansion of 112 km stretch between Kalewa and Yagyi in the western Sagaing division.
- Once the 1,360 km IMT Highway project gets completes it will link Moreh in India to Mae Sot in Thailand via Myanmar.
7th September 2017 Current Affairs -International Updates
5 Indian Americans Make US 2017 Politico 50 List which is led By Nikki Haley.
- For their note worthy contributions in the US, politics live Indian-Americans, including four women, have figured in the 2017 Politico 50 list.
- Led by US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley, the list also comprises Seema Verma, lawyer Neal Katyal, economist Aparna Mathur and lawyer Neomi Rao.
- Nikki Haley is ranked at number 22 followed by Ms. Verma at 26th.
Business News – September 7th 2017 Current Affairs
In U.K. refinery Essar Oil to invest $250 million.
- Essar Oil UK plans to invest $250 million into its refinery at Stanlow.
- The 2018 investment will enable Essar Oil UK to raise its annual production to 75 million barrels from 68 million barrels.
- Since acquiring Stanlow from Shell in 2011 the company has invested more than $800 million.
HDFC Bank’s ‘Eva’ Becomes India’s Smartest Chatbot.
- Eva which is Artificial Intelligence (AI) based chatbot built for HDFC Bank by Bengaluru based Senseforth AI Research has successfully addressed over 2.7 million customers.
- In six months it became the country’s largest banking chatbot in solving customer queries.
- In March this year HDFC Bank, collaborated with Senseforth and launched EVA on its official website.
LNG plan Petronet to form a joint venture with Japan and Sri Lanka.
- Petronet LNG India’s biggest gas importer will soon form a joint venture with Japanese and Sri Lankan companies to build a liquefied natural gas.
- The liquefied natural gas terminal near Colombo.
From Sept 16 Air India to launch a nonstop flight between Delhi and Copenhagen thrice a week flight.
- A nonstop flight between Delhi and Copenhagen will take a launch by Air India on September 16 2017.
- The flight service will be thrice a week and will be operated on Boeing 787 Dreamliner on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
- Air India has done special branding of the Rapid Metro train in Gurugram to popularise this new connection.
Agreement News – Today Current Affairs Updates
To Bolster Ties India Signs 11 Agreements With Myanmar.
- To further strengthen their partnership India and Myanmar signs 11 agreements.
- For strengthening maritime security cooperation, India and Myanmar signs a MoU.
- Myanmar is one of India’s strategic neighbors and shares a 1,640-km long border with a number of northeastern states.
Current Affairs Today September 7 2017 – Sports Updates
On the third day of Commonwealth, Weightlifting Indians win ten medals.
- On a productive third day of the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships Indians grabs 10 medals, including three gold.
- The Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships is held in Gold Coast, Australia.
- The best performer was Deepak Lather who clinched three medals.
Man Kaur the 101-year old seeks votes for prestigious Laureus Award – Current Affairs Today September 7 2017
- Man Kaur Centenarian sprinter is featured among the nominees for the prestigious Laureus World Best Sporting Moment of the Year 2017 Award.
- She wants the support of countrymen and sports persons around the world to vote for her in a global online poll.
- She had won the 100 meters sprint at the World Masters Games in Auckland earlier this year.
|Read 6th September Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|