- 1 8th September 2017 Current Affairs – Latest Current Updates
Catch the latest newscast here. The Current Affairs News for today, which would surely benefit you all is available here. We are here to keep you all updated with today’s Current Affairs. We provide today’s Current Affairs which includes National, International, Sports, Entertainment, Business, Awards & Honors, General Knowledge, Defense, Obituary, Science Technology, Economy and many others over here. Acquire more Knowledge and get regular updates and happenings around the world on 8th September 2017. In addition to the Current affairs September 8th 2017, we also provide General Knowledge questions and answers which help you to crack all Competitive Exams.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
8th September 2017 Current Affairs – Latest Current Updates
Current Affairs September 8th 2017 – National Updates
CPI(M) congress next meeting to be held in Hyderabad.
- The CPI (M) made the announcement of the dates for the next party congress which will take place on 18-22 April next year at Hyderabad.
- It will be the last one before the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
- The crucial political-tactical line of the party is expected to be announced at the end of the five-day party congress.
By March 2019 at Rs. 3,700 crore government plans wifi for all panchayats.
- The government is giving shape to prestigious Rs. 3,700-crore plan.
- As per sources, the Government plan is to cover nearly 5.5 lakh villages with wifi facility by March 2019.
- The government expects to start broadband services with about 1,000 megabits per second across 1 lakh gram panchayats by the end of this year.
International News – Current Affairs Today September 8 2017
India Refuses to Sign global declaration against Myanmar on Rohingyas.
- India dissociated itself from a declaration adopted at an international conference in reference to violence in the Rakhine state of Myanmar.
- Sabha Sumitra Mahajan the Speaker Lok Sabha refuses to be a part of the Bali Declaration adopted at the World Parliamentary Forum.
For corruption, Sri Lanka court Jails top former officials.
- The Sri Lankan court jailed and fined two top officials in former President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s government for misappropriation of funds.
- Colombo High Court sentenced Lalith Weeratunga, former secretary to Rajapaksa, and Anusha Palpita, ex-head of the state-run Telecommunication Regulatory Commission, to three years of rigorous imprisonment.
8th September 2017 Current Affairs – Business Events
ICICI Lombard IPO To Open On September 15.
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company’s estimated Rs. the 6,000-crore initial public offer will open for subscription on September 15.
- The offer will open for subscription to the public on September 15, 2017 and shall close on September 19, 2017.
- ICICI Lombard is a joint venture between ICICI Bank and Canada-based Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd.
Current Affairs Today September 8 2017 – Macquarie ink academic has collaborated with Apollo Hospitals.
- To facilitate long-term academic exchanges between the two organizations Australia’ss Macquarie University announces the launch of a strategic collaboration with Apollo Hospitals.
- As part of their degree, students from Macquarie’s will complete five months of clinical learning at Apollo Hospitals in Hyderabad.
- In recognition of her work in Indian healthcare, Macquarie University gave the honorary doctorate to Apollo Hospitals joint MD Sangita Reddy.
SoftBank fund leads $250m to hotel brand OYO round and Hero joins the fund also.
- Budget hotel brand OYO says it has closed a$250-million investment led by SoftBank Vision Fund, making it the Japanese part.
- In 2015 SoftBank first invested in OYO.
- The two-wheeler major Hero group joins the latest funding as an external investor.
Science and Technology – Current Affairs Today September 8 2017
SpaceX set to launch the X-37B, the Pentagon’s secretive autonomous space drone.
- After a successful morning launch at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, the X-37B headed yet again to the vital real estate known as low Earth orbit.
- On the tarmac, the X-37B, as it is said, looks tiny, standing not much taller than a person.
- Its wingspan measures less than 15 feet, and it weighs in at just 11,000 pounds.
Images Of strong solar flares has captured by NASA.
- NASA says they have found the two high-intensity solar flares which were emitted on Wednesday.
- The second of which was the most intense record since the start of this Sun cycle in December 2008.
- Solar cycles last on average eleven years. At the end of the active phase, these eruptions become increasingly rare but still can be powerful.
Sports Updates – Today Current Affairs
Sloathe Stephens outlasts Venus Williams to reach the maiden grand slam final.
- Sloane Stephens, who missed 11 months with a left foot injury before returning in July, reached her first Grand Slam final.
- She reaches the final by beating Venus Williams at US Open.
- She has won four singles titles on the WTA Tour.
Ruthvika, Lakshya enter Vietnam Open quarterfinals – Current Affairs Today September 8 2017
- Ruthvika Shivani Gadde and Lakshya Sen the Rising shuttlers advance to the women’s and men’s singles quarterfinals respectively with straight-game wins at the Vietnam Open Grand Prix.
- At the 2016 South Asian Games in Guwahati Ruthvika has won the gold medal.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from below given links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users are also benefited with free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the job hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.