- 1 Current Affairs Updates – 9th September 2017 Current Affairs
Applicants we have given you the latest Current Affairs Today September 9 2017. Read the current affairs news which we have provided. We have given you with the latest current events happening in National, International and the news around you. Make a good use of 9th September 2017 current affairs which will help you for scoring better marks in exams. Today Current Events will be a great help for SSC, IBPS, UPSC and other bank exams. Follow our website for preparing the GK section of the exam syllabus and for scoring better. Reading these Current affairs September 9th 2017 will help you to crack any examination easily. Reading Current Affairs Today September 9 2017 will help your GK for competitive exams.
|TODAY IN HISTORY|
Current Affairs Updates – 9th September 2017 Current Affairs
National Affairs – Current Affairs Today September 9 2017
On the fast track, railways to put freight corridor, track renewal projects.
- The Ministry of Railway has decided to the renewal of tracks and completion of dedicated freight corridors.
- The freight corridors (DFC) will reduce 70 per cent of the traffic in the form of freight trains on Delhi-Mumbai and Delhi-Howrah corridors as per the sources.
- Two key projects took a launch in 2005 are the 1504-km western dedicated freight corridor and the 1318 km-long eastern DFC.
Army to induct 800 women in military police after the new defense minister came in to force.
- A plan has finalized by Army to induct women in the military police, which is a major move towards breaking gender barriers in the force.
- Lt. Gen. Ashwani Kumar adjutant general of the Army says they have a plan to induct about 800 women in the military police with a yearly intake of 52 personnel.
- The decision came a day after Nirmala Sitharaman took over as the country’s first full-time woman defense minister.
9th September 2017 Current Affairs – International Affairs
Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina visited India for four days tour – Current Affairs Today September 9 2017
- The long pending pact on Teesta water sharing is unlikely to be inked during the visit of Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s to India.
- Sheikh Hasina Bangladesh Prime Minister will sign at least 25 agreements including in key areas of civil nuclear cooperation and defense.
- India is also set to announce a line of credit of $500 million to Bangladesh for military supplies.
Prime Minister of Pakistan inaugurates China-backed fifth nuclear power plant.
- A 340 MegaWatt (MW) nuclear power plant which is in Punjab province was inaugurated by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi.
- The fifth nuclear C-4 plant is located at Chashma in Mianwali district of the Punjab province.
- Pakistan is also building two more nuclear power plants in Karachi known as K-2 and K-3.
China, Pakistan air forces launch joint exercise.
- Deploying their latest fighter jets and AWACS aircraft air forces of China and Pakistan began a joint training exercise.
- China has dispatched J-11 fighters, JH-7 fighter-bombers, KJ-200 AWACS aircraft and ground forces.
- The exercise will run until September 27 in China.
Business Affairs – September 9 2017 Current Events
For mobile wallet Speedpay roll PNB, BSNL joins hands.
- To roll out open mobile wallet Speedpay across 10 states in the country Punjab National Bank and state-run firm BSNL has teamed up.
- PNB’s Speedway wallet will operate like any other mobile wallet for paying bills, recharging the phone.
- The users will be able to deposit and withdraw money from authorized retail outlets.
Current Affairs Today September 9 2017 – Sports Affairs
To reach maiden Grand Slam final Kevin Anderson battles back.
- To reach his first Grand Slam final at the US Open South African Kevin Anderson defeat 12th seeded Spaniard Pablo Carreno Busta.
- He will face world number one Rafael Nadal in Sunday’s final.
- He is the lowest ranked Grand Slam finalist since 38th-ranked Jo Wilfried Tsonga fell at the 2008 Australian Open final.
Anderson England fast bowler joins 500 wicket club.
- James Anderson became the sixth bowler and first Englishman to take 500 Test wickets.
- Anderson received a standing ovation as he joined Murali (800), Warne (708), Kumble (619), McGrath (563) and Walsh (519).
- He is only the third paceman to have taken 500 Test wickets.
Indian weightlifters win six medals
- On the fifth day of the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship India grabs six medals.
- Seema bagged a silver medal in the senior (75kg) category by lifting 202 kgs.
- Punam Yadav (69 kg) lifted 217 kg (97 and 120) to win the silver medal in her event.
More Sports Affairs – GK Today Current Updates
Current Affairs Today September 9 2017 – Viswanathan Anand bows out of Chess World Cup.
- Viswanathan Anand the five-time world champion crashed out of the Chess World Cup after playing out a draw in a must win game.
- This might be the end of Anand aspirations for a World Championship match in 2018 unless he gets a wild card in the next year’s candidates tournament.
- If Anand didn’t get a wild card then Indian will have to wait for the next cycle that will be for the 2020 World Championship.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Aspirants hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and take Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your GK Quotient. Users will get a benefit with free month wise Current Affairs PDF’s available for download. The Free Quizzes and GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the job hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.