Here we have given Today Current Affairs 23rd Sept 2016. Nowadays Current Affairs are very Important to crack any Govt Jobs or Bank Jobs. So it is very Important to know the Daily Current Affairs. Candidates who are preparing for the Competitive Exam they need General Knowledge and Current Affairs. Here we have Provided the Latest Current Affairs. For Daily, Weekley, and Monthly Current Affairs and GK follow our site regularly. These latest current affairs will help you to gain the more knowledge.
Today Current Affairs 23rd Sept 2016
You can read the Toady current affairs here. We are also giving Quiz based on these updates. So, candidates can also write a quiz. Read Toady updates and attempt the GK quiz on 23rd September. This GK Quiz will help you to increase your performance in the exams. Check the below Today Current Affairs 23rd Sept 2016 below.
Niti Aayog Chalks Up Plan to Secure 50 Medals in 2024 Olympics
- According to Niti Aayog, it will polish the talent of Indian sports persons and make them at the part with their global counterparts.
- Niti Aayog has devised a short-term & Medium-to- long term action plan to help India gain 50 medals in 2024 Summer Olympics.
Oxford Tops in the World University Rankings
Latest Times Higher Education ranks the Oxford University (UK) to the top in the world’s leading University list during the World Ranking Index.
- The United States had 63 schools in the top 200, while the UK had 32 and Australia had 8.
- Asian region’s top university, National University of Singapore was ranked 24th.
- Indian Institute of Science of Bengaluru has been placed in the status segment of 201 to 250 while IIT Bombay is in the 301 to 350 section.
Calcutta HC Chief Justice is Girish Chandra Gupta
- Earlier, Mr. Gupta was functioning as the acting chief justice of the high court since 22nd August after Chellur’s transfer.
- He replaces Manjula Chellur, who has taken over as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court.
- December 1, 1954, is the Date Birth of Justice Gupta.
Mohan M Shantanagoudar New CJ of Kerala
- Governor Justice (Retd) P Sathasivam administered the oath of office to Justice Shantanagoudar, who was the acting Chief Justice.
Anandi Ramalingam Assumes Management as BEL’s Marketing Director
- Anandi will be the first woman director of BEL.
- Ramalingam has completed her B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) from the PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Earlier, Anandi was the General Manager heading the Military Communication Strategic Business Unit (SBU) at BEL’s Bangalore Complex.
Adi Godrej Conferred Clinton Global Citizen Award
- The award has been presented by Hikmet Ersek (CEO and the President Western Union) in the presence of former US President Bill Clinton in New York.
- Clinton Global Citizen Awards discovered in 2007, embody the old US President’s call to action by honoring outstanding individuals who exemplify global citizenship through their vision and leadership.
BPCL Lifts Title of Obaidullah Khan Heritage Cup Hockey Tournament
- The BPCL team beat Railways by 3-0 (penalty shoot -outs).
- Earlier, both the teams scored one goal each till the end of prescribed time.
- The Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. team has received 51 lakh rupees.
US Fed keeps its federal fund rate unchanged
- The Fed boosted its target range for the federal fund rate by 25 basis points to 0.25-0.5 percent in December last year.
- A retardation in the global economy since the start of this year and other world financial risks have made Fed policymakers cautious to hold off on any further rate hikes.
Wisden Named Doni is the Captain of India’s all-time Test XI
The Captain of the Indian National Cricket team in limited-overs formats MS Dhoni has named the captain of the all-time India Test XI chosen by cricket magazine Wisden.
- The Celebrated team has picked ahead of India’s 500th Test which will play against New Zealand in Kanpur.
- Openers in the side are Sunil Gavaskar & Virender Sehwag, followed by Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, all-rounder Kapil Dev and Dhoni (wicket-keeper batsman).