- 1 Today Current Affairs 27th Sept 2016
- 1.1 Latest Current Affairs – Daily Current Affairs
- 1.1.1 ISRO Launches 8 Satellites from Sriharikota
- 1.1.2 China builds world’s largest telescope
- 1.1.3 Pinky Balhara wins bronze medal in 5th Asian Beach Games
- 1.1.4 The Hindu wins reader engagement awards
- 1.1.5 Anurag Srivastava appoints Ambassador of India to the Republic of Djibouti
- 1.1.6 Golf legend Arnold Palmer passes away
- 1.1.7 Film Certification Appellate Tribunal chairman Mahajan passes away
- 1.1.8 Ajay Singh elected BFI president
- 1.1.9 R Ashwin becomes fastest Indian & second overall to take 200 Test wickets
- 1.1.10 India wins historic 500th Test by 197 runs against NZ
- 1.1.11 India-US Joint Military Exercise Begins
- 1.1 Latest Current Affairs – Daily Current Affairs
Here we have given Today Current Affairs 27th Sept 2016. Nowadays Current Affairs are very Important to crack any Govt Jobs or Bank Jobs. So it is very Important to know the Daily Current Affairs. Candidates who are preparing for the Competitive Exam they need General Knowledge and Current Affairs. Here we have Provided the Today Current Affairs 27th Sept 2016. For Daily, Weekley, and Monthly Current Affairs and GK follow our site regularly. These latest current affairs will help you to gain the more knowledge.
Today Current Affairs 27th Sept 2016
You can read the Toady current affairs here. We are also giving Quiz based on these updates. So, candidates can also write a quiz. Read Toady updates and attempt the GK quiz on 27th September. This GK Quiz will help you to increase your performance in the exams. Check the below Today Current Affairs 27th Sept 2016 below.
Latest Current Affairs – Daily Current Affairs
ISRO Launches 8 Satellites from Sriharikota
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully launched eight satellites into two different orbits in a single mission. It was ISRO’s longest and most complex mission. These satellites were initiated by the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle C35 (PSLV C35) at Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
China builds world’s largest telescope
China has made the world’s biggest radio telescope, the Five-hundred-metre Aperture Spherical radio Telescope (FAST), nicknamed Tianyan (The Eye of Heaven).It is located in the Dawodang depression (large natural crater), a natural basin in Pingtung County in the Guizhou Province, Southwest China.
Pinky Balhara wins bronze medal in 5th Asian Beach Games
India’s Pinky Balhara has won the bronze medal in the sporting event of Kurash at the 5th Asian Beach Games held at Da Nang, Vietnam. Kurash is a form of wrestling originated from Uzbekistan.
The Hindu wins reader engagement awards
The Hindu has awarded the Silver and Bronze awards in the ‘Best Reader Engagement’ category of the South Asian Digital Media Awards at the WAN-IFRA (World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers) India 2016 conference in Kolkata.
Anurag Srivastava appoints Ambassador of India to the Republic of Djibouti
Shri Anurag Srivastava, presently Ambassador of India to the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Djibouti, with residence in Addis Ababa.
Golf legend Arnold Palmer passes away
American professional golfer Arnold Palmer (87-year) has died in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania due to heart difficulties.
He regarded as one of the greatest players in professional golf history.
He received virtually every national award in golf and was the “Athlete of the Decade” for the 1960s in a national Associated Press poll.
Film Certification Appellate Tribunal chairman Mahajan passes away
- Former Delhi High Court judge SK Mahajan has passed away.
- Mahajan was serving as the chairman of Film Certification Appellate Tribunal (FCAT).
Ajay Singh elected BFI president
- The Chairman & Managing Director (MD) of Spicejet Airlines Ajay Singh (51-year) has elected as the new president of the Boxing Federation of India (BFI).
- Maharashtra’s Jay Kowli was elected the Secretary General.
- Ajay Singh got 49 votes against the 15 that his rival Rohit Jain (Delhi) polled in the election which had observers from the International Boxing Association (AIBA) and theSports Ministry to monitor the proceedings.
R Ashwin becomes fastest Indian & second overall to take 200 Test wickets
- Indian Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin has become the fastest Indian and second overall to take 200 wickets in his 37th Test.
- Ashwin trapped New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson in front to get to the 200th wicket.
- Leg-spinner Clarrie Grimmett (Australia) got to the 200 of wickets faster than Ashwin in 36 Tests.
- He left behind the likes of Dennis Lillee (Australia) and Waqar Younis (Pakistan) who took 38 Tests to get to 200 wickets.
India wins historic 500th Test by 197 runs against NZ
- India has won the opening Test against New Zealand by 197 runs at Green Park, Kanpur.
- It is India’s 500th cricket Test match.
- Ravindra Jadeja gains the Man of the Match.
India-US Joint Military Exercise Begins
- The Indo-US Joint Military Training Exercise, Yudh Abhyas – 2016 conducted in Ranikhet, Uttarakhand.
- During the exercise, soldiers upgraded themselves with strategies for fighting through Rock craft, Cliff assault & rock climbing.
- This joint military exercise will help the soldiers of both countries in fighting in adverse situations.
- The exercise is the twelfth in the Yudh-Abhyas series.