Today Current Affairs 28th Sept 2016
You can read the Latest current affairs here. We are also giving Quiz based on these updates. So, candidates can also write a quiz. Read Toady updates and attempt the GK quiz on 28th September. This GK Quiz will help you to increase your performance in the exams. Check the below Today Current Affairs 28th Sept 2016 below.
Latest Current Affairs – Daily Current Affairs
The World Tourism Day is being observed on 27th September:
- The World Tourism Day (WTD) is being celebrated annually on 27th September (since-1980) to raise awareness about the importance of tourism.
- The purpose of this day is to increase the public role of tourism within the international community and to demonstrate how it affects social, cultural, political and economic values worldwide.
- The theme of this year is “Tourism for all – promoting universal accessibility.”
Manipur Governor Dr. Syed Ahmad passes away
Manipur Governor Dr. Syed Ahmad passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was 75
Sachin, Amitabh in new Swachh Bharat campaign:
- The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has launched an ad campaign featuring Amitabh Bachchan and Sachin Tendulkar, for the Swachh Bharat Mission.
Google launches instant messaging mobile app Allo:
- Google has launched its latest mobile chat application “Allo” along with Google Assistant.
- Allo can be used in online conversations with friends.
- The messaging app is similar features to most other messaging applications available for Android and the iPhone.
Veerappa Moily-led parliamentary panel to examine merger of budgets:
- The parliamentary committee headed by the Congress MP M Veerappa Moily has been constituted to review the budgetary reforms.
- Besides the budget, the committee will also examine the disinvestment policy, the banking sector in India, RBI’s emerging role and its framework.
Kerala travel mart begins at Kochi:
- Today, the 9th edition of the largest gathering of tourism stakeholders “Kerala Travel Mart” starts at Kochi.
- The three-day event will have representatives from fifty-seven countries, including ten first time participants.
- The event will focus on Responsible Tourism and Muziris Spice Route.
- The venue will also host a series of seminars and discussion forums led by experts from the sector.
RBI approves Rs 26,000 crore CCL for Paddy procurement in Punjab:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given approval to Rs. 26 thousand crore cash credit limit (CCL) for purchasing paddy in poll-bound Punjab.
- Paddy procurement in Punjab will commence from 1st October, and the state is expecting procurement of 150 lakh ton of the crop from the state.
- The state government will seek approval of the Centre by sending the RBI’s approval letter for the release of funds for the purchase of paddy.
Today Current Affairs 28th Sept 2016
O P Singh takes charge as DG of CISF:
- Senior IPS officer O P Singh (1983-batch UP cadre) has been appointed as the new Director-General (DG) of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
- Earlier, he served in the Special Protection Group (SPG), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and as Additional Director-General (Airport Sector) in CISF.
Dr. Vijay Kelkar is new President of Indian Statistical Institute:
- Former petroleum secretary Vijay Kelkar has elected president of the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI).
- He succeeded former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor C Rangarajan.
- Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) is an academic institute of national importance as recognized by a 1959 act of the Indian parliament.
Govt removes Sushil Muhnot as CMD of Bank of Maharashtra:
- The Centre has removed Sushil Muhnot from the post of Chairman and Managing Director of Bank of Maharashtra.
- The head office of Bank of Maharashtra is in Pune.
Japan to host 2026 Asian Games:
- Japan will host the Asian Games in 2026 after Aichi prefecture, and its capital Nagoya confirmed as the venue for the multi-sport event by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA).
- The Japanese bid was the only one put forward to host the continental gathering, which will be staged in Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia in 2018 and the Chinese city ofHangzhou in 2022.
- Japan will host 2017 Asian Winter Games, 2019 Rugby World Cup, and 2020 Summer Olympics.
Sathiyan Gnanasekaran wins Belgium Open:
- Indian table tennis player from Chennai Sathiyan Gnanasekaran(24-year) has become only the second to win an International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) event in Belgium.
- Gnanasekaran clinched the men’s singles title at the Belgium Open by defeating local player Nuytinck Cedric 4-0 in the final, 15-13, 11-6, 11-2, 17-15.
- Achanta Sharath Kamal is the first Indian to win an ITTF event in 2012.
India wins silver in Asian Beach Games:
- India’s Harish Bangel has earned silver in the men’s middleweight Muay Thai event in the 5th Asian Beach Games inDanang, Vietnam.
- Bangel lost to Zhang Yongkang of China in the final of the 71-75kg category.
- In the previous edition in Phuket (held in 2014) India had won two gold, silver and seven bronze medals.
- Muay Thai is a combination of boxing, and martial arts originated in Thailand.