Today Current Affairs December 1 2017
Microsoft, Uber likely to offer US jobs to IIT graduates.
- Microsoft, Uber, PayPal, Indeed and first-time recruiter which are likely to offer the most-coveted US profiles at IIT-Bombay’s annual placement season that starts on Friday.
- Most of the firms have forewarned students about visa problems and have made parallel offers for Indian positions, in case selected candidates to fail to get visas.
- Last year, a majority of the students who were placed in US firms had to join their Indian offices or were placed in other countries.
- The Powai campus has also seen an increase in the number of recruiters from Japan.
Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik creates world’s longest red ribbon before World AIDS Day – Today Current Affairs December 1 2017
- Internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik now has another world record to his name.
- On the eve of World AIDS Day, Pattnaik created the world’s longest red ribbon on the Odisha’s famed Puri beach to generate awareness about the fatal disease.
- The red ribbon is the universal symbol of awareness and support for people living with HIV-AIDS.
- The Limca Book of Records took cognizance of Pattnaik’s feat and his name has been registered in the world record for the longest sand art ribbon.
More National Updates – Latest Current Affairs
As per NCRB reports Maharashtra is most corrupted and Delhi tops in crimes list.
- Maharashtra has earned itself the dubious distinction of being the “most corrupt state” for the third year in a row.
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) data, which was released on Thursday, revealed that there were 1,016 cases of corruption registered in 2016 in the state.
- Odisha was second on the list with 569 cases.
- Of the total corruption cases in India, 22.9% were from Maharashtra.
- On the crimes front, Delhi was the most unsafe among 19 major cities in the country, accounting for nearly 40 percent of rapes reported.
- Maharashtra was second in crimes against foreigners, after Delhi.
PM Modi to connect directly with Mahila Morcha workers via NM App – Today Current Affairs December 1 2017
- Thousands of Mahila Morcha workers will get to interact with Prime Minister Narendra Modi as part of a special campaign outreach.
- At 4:30 pm on December 1, PM Modi will speak live to the BJP’s women workers across Gujarat through the Narendra Modi App.
- This will be a live video call and women karyakartas from across the state will also be able to ask questions to PM Modi directly.
Current Affairs Today – International Updates
Russia negotiates the deal for its warplanes to use Egypt bases.
- Russia has approved a draft agreement with Egypt for Russian warplanes to use Egyptian military bases.
- It is a deal that would allow Moscow to further increase its military footprint in the Mideast.
- The Russia-Egypt deal, which would allow each country’s warplanes to use air bases of the other, is to last five years and could be extended further if agreed.
Britain’s Theresa May on a surprise visit to Baghdad – Today Current Affairs December 1 2017
- British Prime Minister Theresa May paid a surprise visit to Baghdad where she met her Iraqi counterpart Haider al-Abad.
- May praised the bravery and sacrifice of the Iraqi security forces and pledged British support for as long as the Iraqis want and need it.
- Britain, which took part in the US-led Iraq invasion of 2003 which toppled the regime of dictator Saddam Hussein, has played a key role in the coalition battling IS.
Today Current Affairs December 1 2017 – Important International Updates
Preet Didbal is 1st Sikh woman mayor of US.
- Preet Didbal is the mayor of Yuba city in California, becoming the first Sikh woman to hold the position in the US.
- Dibal got the appointment by the California city council and she will be sworn in on December 5.
- Didbal was elected to Yuba city council in 2014 and is currently vice-mayor.
China hints at maintaining sizable troops presence near Doklam in winter.
- The Chinese military hinted at maintaining the sizable presence of its troops near the area of Doklam standoff during winter, asserting that the region is in Chinese territory.
- India and China resolved the 73-day tense standoff on August 28 at Doklam area after the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) stopped building a strategic road close to India.
- According to official accounts, both China and India in the past used to withdraw troops from the advanced regions of that area during the winter.
Business Affairs – Today Current Affairs December 1 2017
Cisco’s Chambers invests in Uniphore.
- Uniphore Software Systems announced that it has raised an undisclosed amount as part of its series-B round of funding from investors including John Chambers.
- Founded in 2008 by Umesh Sachdev and Ravi Saraogi, the speech technology company had earlier raised funds from investors like Infosys co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan.
R-Power seals the final deal for $1 billion Bangla project.
- Anil Ambani $1-billion plan to set up a generation station in Bangladesh is powering ahead.
- The group arm Reliance Power on Thursday is closing the final deal for Phase-I of the project.
- In the first phase, R-Power is setting up a 750-MW gas-fired power plant at Meghnaghat.
Science and Technology News- Current Affairs December 1st 2017
Nokia to develop 5G mobile technology at its Bengaluru R&D centre.
- Finnish telecom major Nokia said it would develop 5G mobile network technology in India at its expanded Research and Development (R&D) centre in Bengaluru.
- As the next telecommunication standard, the fifth generation or 5G mobile networks, which are being developed by global telcos, are expected to be rolled out by 2020.
Intel teams up with Warner Bros to bring VR, AR in self-driving cars – Today Current Affairs December 1 2017
- Intel and Warner Bros have signed an agreement to develop in-cabin “immersive experiences” such as Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) for people riding in autonomous cars of the future.
- Announcing the partnership at the Los Angeles Auto Show, Intel CEO Brian Krzanich said that autonomous driving is “today’s biggest game changer.
December 1st 2017 Current Affairs – Appointments Events
Dia Mirza appointed as UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador for India.
- Former Miss Asia Pacific, actor, producer, entrepreneur and environmentalist, Dia Mirza, was appointed UN Environment’s Goodwill Ambassador for India.
- A long-standing supporter of environmental conservation, Dia will take up the role to add more weight to her work on raising awareness of and seeking solutions to the environmental issue.
- As a Goodwill Ambassador, Dia will work with the United Nations to further spread the message on priority areas including clean air, clean seas, wildlife protection and climate change.
OP Galhotra is the new chief of Rajasthan police – Today Current Affairs December 1 2017
- The Rajasthan government appointed 1985-batch IPS officer Om Prakash Galhotra as the new director general of police.
- Galhotra took charge form Ajit Singh who retired on Thursday.
- He will occupy the post until October 2019.
- Galhotra’s first posting in Rajasthan was as assistant superintendent of police (ASP), Kota.
Sports News – Daily Current Events
South African batsman hits the fastest triple century – Today Current Affairs December 1 2017
- Marco Marais slammed the fastest triple century in first-class cricket.
- He became the second South African in just over a week to claim a world record.
- Marais went on a hitting spree to smash 300 not out off 191 balls for Border against Eastern Province.
- The previous fastest recorded triple century in terms of balls faced was off 221 deliveries by Charlie Macartney for the touring Australians against Nottinghamshire in 1921.
India won 3 gold, 4 silver and 2 bronze at Asian Archery Championships.
- Indian archers produced an impressive performance, grabbing three gold, four silver and two bronze medals at the Asian Championships.
- Two Indian boys and girls also booked quota places for the 2018 Youth Olympics.
Italy’s Roberta Vinci set for Rome farewell.
- Italy’s former US Open finalist Roberta Vinci announced that she will retire from tennis after the Rome WTA tournament next May.
- The 34-year-old said that she wanted her final match to be a party — and invited fans to be her guests.
- Vinci now ranked 117 was a former world number one doubles player, winning all four Grand Slam titles with partner Sara Errani.
- She won a total of 25 doubles titles.
Today Current Affairs December 1 2017 – Obituary Affairs
Former India women’s cricket team coach Sreerupa dead.
- Former India women’s cricket team coach and batswoman Sreerupa Bose (Mukherjee) passed away on Thursday morning.
- She represented India in a couple of one-day International matches.
- She later went on to coach the side during the ICC Women’s World Cup in 1993, 1997 and 2000.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 30-Nov-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 30-Nov-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.