Today Current Affairs December 10 2017
Raipur celebrates two-day Aadivasi Mahotsav.
- A two-day Aadivasi Mahotsav is being celebrated in Raipur, capital of Chhattisgarh.
- The festival aims to display the rich and diverse tribal traditions of the central state.
- The festival was inaugurated by Union Tribal Affairs Minister Jual Oram and Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, Dr Raman Singh.
- Tribal culture, literature and food festivals, tribal olympiad and hackathon are some of the events in the festival.
- The festival has been organised to commemorate the in the martyrdom day of Shaheed Veernarayan Singh, the 1857 war revolutionary from the region.
Union government to issue Universal ID cards to differently abled people.
- Central Government will issue universal ID cards to persons with disabilities.
- The ID cards will be valid throughout the country.
- Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Krishna Pal Gurjar made the announcement on Saturday.
- The identity card issued by a state is not considered valid in another state, which does not help people with disabilities to avail benefits of various government schemes and reservations.
Indian Railways will offer rewards for cashless ticket bookings.
- The Indian Railways is planning to offer rewards for cashless booking of unreserved tickets to promote digitization in the country.
- Incentives include discount and free passenger insurance for cashless tickets.
- The Railways currently offers a 0.5% discount on the purchase of monthly travel pass on credit and debit cards payment.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today
64 million$ worth of bitcoins stolen from Slovenian firm NiceHash.
- Slovenian crypto currency firm, NiceHash, lost $64 million worth of bitcoin in a hack of its payment system.
- NiceHash matches people looking to sell processing time on computers in exchange for bitcoin.
- NiceHash executive Andrej P Skraba said his firm was the victim of “a highly professional” heist that yielded about 4,700 bitcoin, worth around $64 million.
- More than 9,80,000 bitcoins have been stolen from exchanges so far, which would be worth more than $15 billion at current exchange rates.
Southeast Asia connectivity summit to be held in India.
- New Delhi will host the ASEAN-India Connectivity Summit (AICS) from December 11 to 12.
- Leaders of the 10 member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) will be present for the commemorative summit of 25 years of the India-Asean dialogue partnership.
- In a first, the 10 leaders will be the chief guests at next year’s Republic Day celebrations in India.
- The member countries of ASEAN are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Daily Current Affairs December 10th 2017 – Business Events
Patanjali Ayurved set to manufacture Solar Energy equipment.
- Baba Ramdev-led Patanjali Ayurved, will enter solar equipment manufacturing.
- The Haridwar-based firm is investing around Rs 100 crore in its Greater Noida facility for the project.
- Patanjali Ayurved MD & CEO Acharya Balakrishna said that the company will start manufacturing solar panels in the factory near Greater Noida industrial area and would be inaugurated in January 2018.
- Patanjali has also acquired Advance Navigation and Solar Technologies company earlier this year.
- Initially, the company will source the components from other domestic producers and later manufacturer itself.
- It is installing the required machinery for the plant from Germany and China.
SBI changed names and IFSC codes of around 1,300 branches.
- After the merger of its five associates, State Bank of India has changed names and IFSC codes of nearly 1,300 of its branches.
- Names and IFSC codes of branches in major cities such as Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Lucknow, among others have been changed.
- Customers have been informed about the change in IFSC codes, but internally also the bank has mapped them to the new codes.
24 companies to invest in JNPT SEZ.
- Union Shipping and Ports Minister Nitin Gadkari said 24 companies have offered to invest over Rs 60,000 crore in a special economic zone at JNPT.
- An investment of Rs 60,000 crore will be made and creates employment opportunities for 1.25-1.50 lakh people.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had laid the foundation for the facility in May 2014 and the government aims to create 1.50 lakh jobs in the facility.
- Jawahar Nehru Port Trust, is also investing Rs 4,000 crore in the SEZ spread over 277 hectares.
- Gadkari said works of over Rs 2 lakh crore have already started under the ambitious ‘Sagarmala’ project and added that port-rail connectivity will get an investment of Rs 1 lakh crore under the project.
Appointments News – Today Current Affairs December 10 2017
The Maldives and China signed 12 agreements.
- The Maldives has signed 12 agreements with China, including a pact to promote the One Belt One Road (OBOR) programme.
- Maldive’s President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom signed the agreements in Beijing on Friday.
- They also agreed to work towards signing a free trade agreement soon.
- China is also building relationship with other South Asian countries to influence the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) the same way it has with ASEAN countries.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping told Gayoom that China is willing to dovetail the development strategies with the Maldives and share opportunities to realize common prosperity.
December 10th 2017 Current Affairs – Sports Updates
Diego Maradona arrives in Kolkata.
- Legendary footballer Diego Maradona is in Kolkata for a three-day private trip, which was originally scheduled in September.
- He was originally scheduled to arrive on September 19, on the day of Mahalaya to kickstart the auspicious Durga Puja festival.
- Also, Maradona was to unveil his statue besides inaugurating a north Kolkata pandal.
- The much-hyped Dada versus Diego exhibition involving cricketer Sourav Ganguly will take place on December 12 on the outskirts of Barasat 35 kilometres from the city.
More Sports Affairs -Today Current Affairs December 10 2017
Australia retains World Hockey League title.
- Australia defeated Argentina to retain their Hockey World League Final title, with a 2-1 win on Sunday.
- Jeremy Hayward converted a penalty corner in the second quarter to put Australia ahead of Argentina.
- Agustin Bugallo (18′) and Blake Govers (58′) scored the other two goal of the game.
- Earlier India beat Germany to win the Bronze medal.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 9-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 09-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.