Today Current Affairs December 11 2017
Congress to name Rahul Gandhi as president today.
- Rahul Gandhi will officially be declared as Congress president today, the last day of withdrawal of nomination papers for the top post in the grand old party.
- He takes over the reins from his mother Sonia Gandhi who remained at the party’s helm for 19 consecutive years since 1998.
- Rahul Gandhi, who was anointed Congress vice-president in January 2013, will be the sixth member of the Nehru-Gandhi family to occupy the top post in the 131-year-old party.
Haryana has the highest rate of gang rapes in the country.
- As per the recent report of National Crime Records Bureau Haryana has recorded the highest rate of gangrape per one lakh population in the country.
- For the third year in a row, Haryana has stood first.
- The state recorded as many as 191 cases of gang rapes in 2016, which, though less than last year’s 204, was still the highest in India.
- As per the data, Rajasthan and Delhi are the distant second and third with gang-rape rates of 1 and 0.9, respectively.
India’s first-ever mobile food testing laboratory launched – Today Current Affairs December 11 2017
- Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar launched country’s first-ever mobile food testing laboratory.
- Parrikar unveiled the vehicle, worth Rs 41 lakh, in presence of Goa Food and Drugs Administration minister Vishwajit Rane.
- The laboratory mounted on a bus will be travelling across the state checking food samples on the spot.
Current Affairs Today – Important National Updates
Mumbai AC local enters last leg of trials.
- The wait for the first air-conditioned (AC) suburban local is drawing an end as it is expected to complete crucial safety trials this week.
- Once done, railway authorities will introduce it for passenger service from December 25 or January 1, 2018.
- The blue and silver coloured local has been going through various static and dynamic safety trials since November 2016.
MP CM lays foundation for Rs 21 crore Jalavardhan Yojana in Kolaras – Today Current Affairs December 11 2017
- The chief minister of MP Shivraj Singh Chouhan made several announcements for development works while approving Rs 3 crore for development of Shivpuri district.
- Chouhan performed Bhoomi puja for Rs 21 crore Jalavardhan Yojana in Kolaras.
- MP Prabhat Jha, health minister and district-in-charge minister Rustam Singh, public representatives and citizens were present on the occasion.
International Affairs – December 11th 2017 Current Affairs
Google celebrates Nobel prize winner Max Born’s 135th birth anniversary with a doodle.
- Google today celebrates Quantum Mechanics hero Max Born’s birth anniversary with a doodle.
- Max Born was born on the 11th of December in 1882 in Breslau, which used to be a part of the German Empire, but is now a part of Poland.
- Max contributions were recognized when he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1954.
Japan, US, South Korea to hold missile tracking drill amid North Korea crisis.
- The United States, Japan and South Korea will hold two days of missile tracking drills starting today.
- North Korea has fired two missiles over Japan as it pursues nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles in defiance of U.N. sanctions and international condemnation.
- The exercises will be the sixth drill sharing information in tracking ballistic missiles among the three nations.
Iraq holds military parade celebrating victory over Islamic State
- An Iraqi military parade celebrating final victory over Islamic State is underway in Baghdad’s heavily fortified Green Zone.
- Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi declared final victory over Islamic State on Saturday after Iraqi forces drove its last remnants from the country.
- Abadi declared Dec. 10 an annual national holiday.
South Korea imposes new sanctions on North Korea.
- South Korea says it has added several North Korean groups and individuals to its sanctions list as part of efforts to cut off funding for the North weapons program.
- The South Korea’s government says the sanctions on 20 North Korean groups and 12 individuals took effect Monday.
- Seoul is among the first to respond to North Korea’s Nov. 29 missile launch with fresh sanctions.
Today Current Affairs December 11 2017 – Business Events
Apple likely to acquire music recognition app Shazam.
- Apple is reportedly acquiring popular music recognition app Shazam for a likely sum of nearly $400 million.
- Built by Shazam Entertainment Ltd, a British app development company, Shazam is used by hundreds of millions of people.
- Launched in 1999 as an SMS code service, Shazam reportedly made $54 million in revenues in the fiscal year 2016.
Agreements Updates – Daily Current Affairs December 11th
Qatar signs $8 billion deal to buy 24 typhoon fighters from the UK.
- Qatar signed a multi-billion-dollar deal to buy 24 Typhoon fighters from Britain.
- The $8-billion deal was signed in Doha by Qatar’s Defence Minister Khalid bin Mohammed al-Attiyah and his British counterpart, Gavin Williamson.
- Qatar is the ninth country to sign a deal for Typhoon jets.
Current Affairs 2017 December 11th – Sports Affairs
Jitu, Heena win medals at Asian Airgun Championships – Today Current Affairs December 11 2017
- Pistol aces Jitu Rai and Heena Sidhu bagged a bronze each to continue India’s medal charge at the 10th Asian Championship 10m Rifle/Pistol in Wako City, Japan.
- Jitu Rai won an individual bronze in the men’s 10m Air Pistol.
- Heena Sidhu claimed an individual bronze in the women’s 10m Air Pistol.
Australia edge Argentina 2-1 to clinch win gold medal in HWL final.
- Defending champions Australia won over Argentina 2-1 to win the title in the Hockey World League (HWL) Final at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
- It was a fitting final given that the contest was between Olympic champions Argentina and the world champions.
Shakib becomes Bangladesh’s new Test captain – Today Current Affairs December 11 2017
- Bangladesh appointed all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan as Test captain, removing Mushfiqur Rahim from the post ahead of the two-Test home series against Sri Lanka starting January.
- Shakib, who is already the national Twenty20 captain, takes over the Test side after a disastrous tour of South Africa.
- Mushfiqur led Bangladesh in 34 Tests since 2011, guiding them to some remarkable wins over England, Sri Lanka and Australia since last year.
Lionel Messi equals historic Gerd Muller goal record.
- Lionel Messi equalled Gerd Muller’s record 525 goals with a single club in Europe’s top five leagues as Barcelona won a 2-0 victory over 10-man Villarreal.
- Muller scored 525 goals in 572 appearances for Bayern Munich between 1965 and 1979, a record which had stood for almost 40 years.
- The Argentina player is already La Liga’s top scorer in history with 362 strikes.
Obituary News – Today Current Affairs December 11 2017
Kathak exponent Dharamshi Shah dies at 98.
- Noted Kathak exponent Dharamshi Shah died in Bhavnagar at the age of 98.
- Born on April 5, 1921, in Mandvi, Shah had set up Kalakshetra Dance and Music School in Bhavnagar.
- He was awarded the Gaurav Purashkar by the state government of Gujarat in 1989.
Veteran journalist Batuk Gathani passes away – Today Current Affairs December 11 2017
- Batuk Gathani, the veteran journalist and foreign correspondent for Indian and international news organisations, has passed away.
- Bhupendra Bachulal Gathani, who reported for ‘The Hindu’ and ‘Frontline’ from Europe for several years, was president of the Indian Journalists Association for several years.
- His long career in journalism also included reporting several defining events in Africa and Europe.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 10-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 10-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.