Today Current Affairs December 2 2017
India starts the process to build 6 nuclear-powered attack submarines.
- India kick-started the process to build six nuclear-powered attack submarines which will significantly boost the Navy’s overall strike capabilities.
- Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba said the process to build the attack submarines was a classified project.
- Navy chief said the Navy will play its role in the Indo-Pacific region when the much talked about quadrilateral coalition among India, Australia, Japan and the US takes shape.
Kolkata among safest cities for women but Bengal tops country in domestic violence.
- The latest National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) statistics for 2016 shows Kolkata was one of the safest cities for women in the country.
- But the state recorded the highest number of cases of domestic violence.
- NCRB said the rate of crime against women has significantly reduced in Kolkata over the past couple of years.
- Kolkata, ranked 17th, has recorded only 4% of cases of crime against women among the 19 megacities in the country.
India’s only nuclear-powered sub-INS Chakra suffers damage – Today Current Affairs December 2 2017
- Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba said Indian Navy’s only nuclear-powered submarine, INS Chakra, has suffered a damage.
- INS Chakra is a nuclear-powered submarine which was taken by India on lease from Russia in 2012 for a period of 10 years.
- Lanba said a joint team of Indian and Russian experts has already examined the submarine to assess the damage.
Today Current Affairs December 2 2017 – More National Updates.
Andhra Pradesh govt adds Kapus to OBC, plans 5% quota for them.
- The Andhra Pradesh government decided to include Kapus, an upper caste community, in the Other Backward Classes (OBCs).
- The government said it will provide them 5% reservation in education and employment.
- The state cabinet, chaired by chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu, approved the inclusion of Kapus and their subsections Telaga, Balija and Ontari into the OBC category.
BJP’s Rishikesh Upadhayay elected as the first mayor of Ayodhya.
- Rishikesh Upadhyay of the BJP won a tightly fought election in Ayodhya, becoming the first mayor to represent the temple town.
- The election for the Ayodhya mayor’s post seat witnessed a close fight between Mr Upadhyay and Gulshan Bindu of the Samajwadi Party.
- The BJP won big in mayoral elections in 14 of 16 municipal corporations in Uttar Pradesh.
Delhi High Court asks the government to ban some social media apps.
- The Delhi High Court today asked the Centre to consider a representation seeking the ban on social networking sites and mobile applications.
- The court passed the direction seeking to ban Saudi Arabia-based social networking website and mobile application Sarahah.com.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today
Saudi Arabia intercepts second Yemen missile in a month – Today Current Affairs December 2 2017
- Saudi Arabia on Thursday intercepted and destroyed a ballistic missile fired from war-torn Yemen.
- It is the second such attack this month made by Iran-backed Houthi rebels.
- The Houthi rebels had earlier warned that they considered airports, ports, border crossings and areas of any importance in Saudi Arabia and the UAE legitimate as their targets.
The US formally opposes granting market economy status to China at WTO.
- The United States has formally told the World Trade Organization (WTO) that it opposes granting China market economy status.
- China is fighting the EU for recognition as a market economy, a designation that would lead to dramatically lower anti-dumping duties on Chinese goods.
Maldives close to the free trade agreement with China.
- A free trade agreement with China was rushed through the Parliament in the Maldives in the absence of opposition members.
- The FTA, which commits both sides to reduce tariffs on more than 95% of goods to zero, was approved by the Parliament.
- The cabinet meeting chaired by President Abdulla Yameen decided to sign the deal.
Japan’s Emperor Akihito to abdicate in 2019, will be succeeded by Prince Naruhito.
- Emperor Akihito, who has spent much of his nearly three decades on Japan’s throne will step down on April 30, 2019.
- Akihito, who turns 84 on Dec. 23 and has had heart surgery and treatment for prostate cancer.
- He will be succeeded by his heir, 57-year-old Crown Prince Naruhito.
December 2nd 2017 Current Affairs – Business News
Walmart India ties up 20 sites, new stores to open next year – Today Current Affairs December 2 2017
- Walmart India has signed 20 new sites for new stores and will start opening them from the next year.
- The company, which runs 21 Best Price wholesale stores in nine states, has already started work in some of the new projects.
- Walmart has plans to add 50 new stores by 2022 to take the total store count to 70.
Qualcomm seeks a ban on sales of iPhones running Intel chips in the US.
- Qualcomm said it has filed three new patent infringement complaints against Apple.
- The chipset company alleged that Apple was using 16 more of its patents on iPhones.
- Qualcomm in July accused Apple of infringing several patents related to helping mobile phones get better battery life.
Appointment Updates – Latest Current Affairs 2017 December 2nd
Suryaprakash is re-appointed as Prasar Bharati Chairman – Today Current Affairs December 2 2017
- Prasar Bharati Board Chairman A Suryaprakash was on Friday re-appointed to the post till February 2020.
- Suryaprakash takes the appointment as the chairman of the Prasar Bharati after the BJP came to power in 2014.
Today Current Affairs December 2 2017 – Science and Technology Events
Microsoft Edge browser rolled out for Android and iOS.
- Microsoft rolled out the final version of its Edge browser for Android and iOS devices.
- The company had launched a beta version of the application last month.
- The browser includes access to favourites, history, reading list, and e-books.
Samsung demonstrates 5G network on a high-speed train.
- Samsung Electronics said that it demonstrated the fifth-generation network on a high-speed train travelling over 100 kmph under a joint project with Japanese telecommunications operator KDDI.
- The test is the way for faster onboard Wi-Fi services that offer stronger security as well.
- The two companies, which have been rolling out joint projects in the field since 2015, said they successfully observed data transmission speed of 1.7 Gbps.
Sports Updates – Today Current Affairs
Germany beat England 2-0 in Odisha Hockey World League Final opener – Today Current Affairs December 2 2017
- Germany defeated England 2-0 in the opening match of the Odisha Hockey World League Final to start their campaign in a dominating fashion.
- The Germany started their campaign in HWL Final in a dominating fashion.
- Mats Grambusch and Christopher Ruhr have scored goals for Germany.
FIFA World Cup 2018 final draw saw a major battle among the teams in groups.
- Russia and Saudi Arabia will kickstart the 2018 World Cup in Russia while Portugal and Spain are all set to go head to head in their tournament opener.
- Defending champions Germany will start their campaign against Mexico, who they beat in the semi-final of the Confederations Cup earlier this year.
Lancashire sign James Faulkner on a two-year T20 deal.
- James Faulkner the Australia all-rounder has signed a two-year T20 deal with Lancashire.
- He played a vital role in Lancashire’s 2015 NatWest Blast triumph.
Daily Current Affairs – Obituary News
Former CJI A S Anand passes away – Today Current Affairs December 2 2017
- Former Chief Justice of India Justice Adarsh Sein Anand died of a cardiac arrest.
- Justice Anand occupied the top-most judicial post from October 10, 1998, till November 1, 2001.
- Anand, who was also the Chairman of National Human Rights Commission from 2003 to 2006.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 01-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 01-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.