Today Current Affairs December 3 2017
Annual Konark Dance festival begins in Odisha.
- The 31st edition of the annual Konark festival began in Odisha.
- The festival was held in the world famous Sun Temple of Konark.
- The festival is held every year from 1st to 5th December.
- Celebrated dancers from all over the country performed in the festival.
- Odisha Tourism and Odissi Research Centre organized the festival.
- International Sand Art Festival was also held at Chandrabhaga beach in Konark.
Shared Value Summit 2017 was held in New Delhi. Today Current Affairs December 3 2017
- The summit is organised by Shared Value Initiative India, Institute for Competitiveness (India), and SoulAce & India Council on Competitiveness.
- It aims to provide a platform to identify and address the barriers that exist to equality and empowerment in the Indian society.
- Suresh Prabhu, Minister of Industry and Commerce was the chief guest for the event.
- Mr Prabhu unveiled the Inclusive Business List and Emerging Social Enterprise List for the year 2017.
- The theme of the summit was “Equity and Empowerment”.
Today Current Affairs December 3 2017 – More National Updates.
Skill India Partners with Airbnb to help Hospitality Entrepreneurs.
- An Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) , Tourism and Hospitality Sector Skill Council (THSC) with Airbnb,
- Airbnb is the world’s leading community-driven hospitality franchise.
- The MoU will provide hospitality skill training to micro-entrepreneurs in India.
- The Partnership aims to build on Airbnb’s commitment to support Skill India mission by creating and 50,000 Hospitality Entrepreneurs in India.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today
Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITIES) held in Geneva.
- CITIES of Wild Fauna and Flora was held in Geneva, Switzerland.
- CITIES is an international agreement between governments of various countries.
- It aims is to ensure that international trade of wild animals and plants does not threaten their survival.
- India won the award for high effort to combat Illegal Wildlife Trade.
- Secretary-General of CITIES presented the award to Wildlife Crime Control Bureau.
- “Operation Save Kurma” was conducted by the WCCB to combat illegal trade of live turtles and its parts.
Uhuru Kenyatta, sworn in for a second term as Kenya’s president.
- Uhuru Kenyatta has been sworn in for a second term as the president of Kenya.
- Kenyatta was administered the oath by Anne Amadi, Chief Registrar of the Judiciary.
- He is the fourth president of the Republic of Kenya.
- He is the son of Jomo Kenyatta, Kenya’s first president.
December 3rd 2017 Current Affairs – Business News
Corporation Bank launches RuPay credit cards. Today Current Affairs December 3 2017
- RuPay Select and RuPay Platinum credit cards were launched by Corporation bank.
- These cards will boost digital payment and will be beneficial in creating a ‘less cash society’.
- Jai Kumar Garg, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Corporation Bank, unveiled the cards in Mangaluru.
- Personal accident insurance of ₹10 lakh and ₹2 lakh is offered on RuPay Select Credit Card and RuPay Platinum Credit Card, respectively.
- RuPay is an Indian domestic card scheme conceived and launched by the National Payments Corporation of India.
Appointment Updates – Latest Current Affairs 2017 December 3rd
D K Sarraf is appointed as the new Chairman of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board.
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet appointed D K Sarraf as the new Chairman of the PNGRB.
- He was also the Chairman of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation.
- PNGRB was constituted under The Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board Act, 2006.
- It regulates the refining, processing, storage, transportation, distribution, marketing and sale of petroleum, petroleum products and natural gas.
Sports Updates – Today Current Affairs December 3 2017
Mumbai City FC pulls off a draw against Kerala Blasters.
- Kerala Blasters drew their match against Mumbai City FC in Nehru Stadium, Kochi.
- 18-year-old Sifneos scored for the blasters at the 14th minute of the game.
- Balwant scored the lone goal for Mumbai and drew the game.
- Both teams shared equal points.
Today Current Affairs December 3 2017 – Obituary News
Former Indian woman cricketer, Sreerupa Mukherjee passed away.
- Former Indian woman cricketer and Sreerupa Mukherjee passed away in Kolkata.
- She was 65 years old.
- Sreerupa was the manager of the Indian women’s team during three World Cups — 1993, 1997 and 2000.
- She was also the chairperson of the selection committee of the then Women’s Cricket Association of India (WCAI), along with Diana Edulji and Shanta Rangaswamy.
Malayalam actor and Mimicry Artist Kalabhavan Abi passed away.
- Noted mimicry artist and actor Abi died in Kochi on Thursday morning. He was 52 years old.
- He was declared brought dead at 10.15 a.m. According to hospital sources, he was undergoing treatment for reduced blood platelet count.
- Abi rose to fame with his mimicry skill. His performance as an aged Muslim lady named ‘Amina Thatha’ made him a household name.
- Kalabhavan Abhi has also acted in around 50 films in his career.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 02-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 02-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.