Today Current Affairs December 4 2017
The first phase of Chabahar port opens, to boost trade between India and Iran.
- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani inaugurates the first phase of the Chabahar port, opening up a new strategic transit route between Iran, India and Afghanistan, bypassing Pakistan.
- The first phase of the Chabahar port project is known as the Shahid Beheshti port and it was inaugurated by Rouhani.
- The port is likely to ramp up trade between India, Afghanistan and Iran in the wake of Pakistan denying transit access to New Delhi for trade with the two countries.
- India has been closely working with Afghanistan to create an alternative, reliable access routes, bypassing Pakistan.
At National environment meet, judges and Devendra Fadnavis discuss about Mumbai metro construction.
- The discussion about Mumbai metro is made in the inaugural session of the National Conference on Environment which took place in Mumbai over the weekend.
- Both the Chief Minister and the Chief Justice of Bombay High Court shared their views on the felling of trees for construction of the metro.
- Justice Chellur says that the strict compliance mechanism is to ensure the beautiful vision/plan for the city.
Rahul Gandhi to file nomination for Congress president’s post today.
- Rahul Gandhi will file his nomination for the Congress president’s post today the last day of filing the papers to contest the elections for the top job in the grand old party.
- All top leaders, including former prime minister Manmohan Singh, will propose his name for the post.
- Polling will take place on December 16, while counting of votes will be taken up on December 19.
Today Current Affairs December 4 2017 – Important National News
Manoj Sinha inaugurates railway overbridge in Moradabad.
- Minister of state for railways Manoj Sinha, inaugurated a railway over bridge (ROB) and laid down foundation stone for another ROB at Moradabad.
- He also inaugurated electronic coaching guiding system at three platforms in Moradabad.
- The general manager of northern railway, Vishwesh Chaube, gave a detailed overview of the projects and assured that railways would complete the projects expeditiously.
BSF to celebrate 52nd establishment day today – Today Current Affairs December 4 2017
- Country’s first line of defence Border Security Force (BSF) is all set celebrate its 52nd establishment day today.
- Senior BSF officials in Gujarat say BSF plays a crucial role in securing both land and sea borders of the state.
Arun Jaitley likely to present the first post-GST budget on February 1.
- Finance minister Arun Jaitley is likely to present India’s first post Goods and Services Tax (GST) and the current government’s last full Budget on February 1.
- The Budget session of Parliament may begin on January 30 with President Ram Nath Kovind addressing the Joint Session of both the Houses of Parliament.
- The Union Budget 2018-19 will be the last full Budget of the BJP-led NDA government before the 2019 General Elections.
International Updates – Current Affairs Today
US, South Korea begin largest-ever joint air drill – Today Current Affairs December 4 2017
- The US and South Korea on Monday to kick off their largest-ever joint air exercise after Pyongyang fired its most powerful intercontinental ballistic missile.
- Seoul’s air force said five-day Vigilant Ace drill involving 230 aircraft, including F-22 Raptor stealth jet fighters, and tens of thousands of troops began their training.
- They say a missile carrying a much heavier nuclear warhead would struggle to travel as far.
China launches land exploration satellite.
- China launched a land exploration-satellite into a preset orbit, designed for remote sensing exploration of land resources.
- The satellite took launch on a Long March-2D rocket from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in China’s northern Gobi Desert.
- The launch was the 257th mission of the Long March rocket series.
Karan Bilimoria gets the 11th doctorate in Britain.
- Noted entrepreneur Karan Bilimoria has been awarded his 11th honorary doctorate for his commitment to international students coming to Britain.
- A member of the House of Lords, Bilimoria was conferred the doctorate this week by the University of Westminster.
- In 2005, he becomes the youngest ever chancellor in the UK when he was instated as chancellor of the Thames Valley University.
December 4th 2017 Current Affairs – Business Affairs
As per the study, Indian companies in Germany generated 11.4-billion-euro revenue in 2016.
- Around 80 Indian companies in Germany generated combined revenues of 11.4 billion euro and employed a total workforce of 27,400 in 2016, according to a study.
- The CII–EY–Bertelsman Foundation Study, revealed that Indian companies in Germany currently generate nearly 70 percent of their turnover.
Appointment News – Today Current Affairs December 4 2017
Infosys appoints Salil S Parekh as new CEO and managing director.
- Infosys, India IT services company, named Salil S Parekh as chief executive.
- The IIT-Bombay graduate and Cornell University alumnus and Capgemini executive is the new Infosys CEO and MD.
- UB Pravin Rao who was serving as the interim CEO has been re-designated as a chief operating officer from January 2.
Daily Current Affairs Updates – Agreements Affairs
Iran signs $856m rail deal with South Korea firm – Today Current Affairs December 4 2017
- South Korea’s Hyundai Rotem signed a 720-million-euro deal with Iran to manufacture 450 railbuses for suburban trains.
- The deal was signed in Tehran between Hyundai Rotem, a unit of Hyundai Motors, and Railways of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- The deal, financed by the South Korean side, will create 1,000 direct jobs and 1,700 indirect jobs in the Islamic republic.
Sports Updates – Current Affairs 4th December 2017
Deepika bags bronze for India in Indoor Archery World Cup.
- India returned with a solitary bronze medal by Deepika Kumari at the Indoor Archery World Cup Stage 2.
- Deepika seeded third, defeated 13th seeded Sayana Tsyrempilova of Russia 7-3 in the women’s recurve bronze play-off.
- None of the Indian male archers could make the quarterfinals.
Prithvi Shaw to lead India in 2018 U-19 World Cup – Today Current Affairs December 4 2017
- Promising Mumbai batsman Prithvi Shaw will lead a 16-member Indian team in next year’s ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup.
- India has won the U-19 World Cup title thrice in 2000, 2008 and 2012.
- India is the joint-most successful team in the history of the tournament along with Australia.
Today Current Affairs December 4 2017 – More Sports News
Virat Kohli surpasses Brian Lara for most double centuries as captain.
- Virat Kohli overtook West Indies great Brian Lara, who held the record previously with five double tons in Tests.
- With a sixth double hundred, Kohli has also tied Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag for the most 200-plus scores for India in Tests.
- Kohli became the 11th Indian batsman to achieve the milestone and the fourth fastest in terms of innings.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 03-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 03-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.