Today Current Affairs December 5 2017
Sharad Yadav, Ali Anwar disqualified as Rajya Sabha members.
- Vice-president M Venkaiah Naidu, who is also the Rajya Sabha chairman disqualified rebel Janata Dal-United leader Sharad Yadav and Ali Anwar as members of the upper house of Parliament.
- The action comes in the wake of the petition filed by Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar faction seeking the Rajya Sabha Chairman disqualify Sharad Yadav and Ansari.
Rahul Gandhi files nomination for post of Congress president – Today Current Affairs December 5 2017
- Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will take over as the party’s president on December 11 after he was the only one to file the nomination for the post on Monday.
- Gandhi will take over the reins of the party from his mother Sonia Gandhi who has steered the party for the past 19 years.
- He will be the sixth member of the Nehru-Gandhi family to occupy the party’s highest position in its 131 years of existence.
London mayor Sadiq Khan meets Maharashtra CM Fadnavis.
- London mayor Sadiq Khan pushed for the cooperation between Mumbai and London in various sectors, including mass transportation, building safety and firefighting.
- During the meeting, Khan said the signing of the letter indicated that the India-UK year of culture was being celebrated.
Today Current Affairs December 5 2017 – More National News
Modi to address India Inc for the first time since GST.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address a gathering of top industry leaders at the Ficci annual general meeting with India Inc since the launch of GST five months ago.
- Modi’s address will also help Ficci go one up on arch-rival CII, which in the 1990s was one of the favourite destination for most government ministers.
Former BJP Bargarh unit president joins BJD.
- The BJP’s former Bargarh district president Narayan Sahu, who had resigned from the party on November 21, joined the ruling Biju Janata Dal.
- Sahu said, I formally joined the BJD with my supporters from Gaesilet block during the Karmi Sammilani.
After a 17-year wait, India to get the 1st conventional submarine.
- The Indian Navy will get her first conventional submarine in 17 years.
- It will be when Prime Minister Narendra Modi commissions the INS Kalvari in Mumbai on December 14.
- The Kalvari’s commissioning will take place just six days after the Golden Jubilee of the Navy’s submarine arm on December 8.
- Another highlight of the Kalvari’s commissioning in Mumbai is that it will be done in the presence of 92-year-old Commander KS Subramanian.
- He was commanding officer of the first Indian submarine, also called the INS Kalvari.
International Affairs – December 5th 2017 Current Affairs
Cathay Pacific crew witnessed North Korea missile test.
- Cathay says that the flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong reported witnessing the apparent re-entry of the ICBM that North Korea launched before dawn.
- The Cathay says the missile was far from the plane, and the operation was unaffected.
- The North Korean missile got fire very high up, reaching an altitude of 4,475 kilometres before falling back into the Sea of Japan about 950 kilometres from where it took to launch.
China firming up trade agreements with South Asian countries – Today Current Affairs December 5 2017
- Beijing’s recent efforts to sign FTAs with several countries are now part of its broad plans to enter trade agreements with countries along the Belt and Road Initiative.
- China has FTAs or is in talks to sign FTAs with as many as 25 countries and regions along the BRI.
- But expect economic ties between China and South Asian countries to become stronger.
China invites more countries to take part in CPEC projects.
- China on Monday termed the $50 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) as an open initiative.
- The first unit of the 1320-MW coal-fired power plant at Port Qasim in Pakistan, under the CPEC project, which got inauguration on November 29.
- The Port Qasim plant has been developed jointly by the Power China Resources Limited and Qatar’s Al-Mirqab Capital with a total investment of USD 2.085 billion.
One of the world’s largest diamonds fetches $6.5 million.
- One of the world’s largest diamonds is sold for $6.5 million by Sierra Leone on Monday to fund local development projects.
- A first effort to sell the diamond failed in May when Sierra Leone rejected the highest bid of $7.8 million.
Current Affairs Today – Business Updates
India’s domestic passenger traffic up over 20% in October – Today Current Affairs December 5 2017
- A global airline association said India’s domestic passenger traffic grew by 20.4 percent in October.
- India’s domestic passenger traffic growth was followed by that of China at 10 percent and Brazil at 7.7 percent.
- The international passenger demand for September edged higher by 7.2 percent compared with the year-ago period.
Indian Railways teams up with Google to digitise its rich heritage.
- Indian Railways has teamed up with Google to undertake an elaborate crowd-sourcing exercise to create a digital repository of its rich heritage.
- Even as the Railways began collecting rare pictures through its unique crowd-sourcing effort, it entered into an agreement with the Google Cultural Institute.
Appointments News – Today Current Affairs December 5 2017
Ex-ONGC chief Sarraf appointed as oil & gas regulator.
- Dinesh K Sarraf, former CMD of ONGC takes the appointment as the new chairman of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board.
- He replaces S Krishnan, who demitted office in August 2015.
- In July this year, S K Garg, former director of ONGC Videsh Ltd, takes the appointment in PNGRB.
Daily Current Affairs Updates – Sports Events
Vijender Singh to defend titles against African champion Ernest Amuzu – Today Current Affairs December 5 2017
- Indian boxing star Vijender Singh is set to defend his WBO Oriental and Asia Pacific Super middleweight titles against Ghana’s Ernest Amuzu in Jaipur on December 23.
- Unbeaten in nine fights so far Vijender was last seen in action in August.
- When he defeated China’s No.1 boxer Zulpikar Maimaitiali to claim the WBO Oriental title.
- Ghana’s Ernest Amuzu will also be looking to win the 26th pro fight of his career.
Obituary News – Today Current Affairs December 5 2017
Bollywood actor Shashi Kapoor dies.
- Veteran actor-filmmaker Shashi Kapoor, the romantic screen icon of the 70s and early 80s, died on Monday.
- Shashi debuted with the 1961 film Dharmputra. He went on to appear in 116 Hindi films.
- He was honoured with the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India in 2011.
- In 2015, he was awarded with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 04-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 04-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.