Today Current Affairs December 6 2017
After Doklam, India, China and Russia to hold the trilateral meet.
- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi will visit India for the Russia-India-China Foreign Ministers trilateral meeting here next week.
- The foreign ministry said that Wang, along with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov will attend the meeting on December 11.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will host the meeting.
- In the meeting, they will review on global and regional issues of mutual interests well as discuss trilateral exchanges and activities.
PM Modi still most followed Indian on Twitter – Today Current Affairs December 6 2017
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi continues to be the most followed Indian on Twitter, increasing his follower base from 24.6 million in 2016 to 37.5 million this year.
- As per trends in 2017, PM Modi saw his follower base increasing by 52 percent to 37.5 million.
- The growth in his follower base was, however, lower than that of cricketer Virat Kohli, who saw his followers grow by 61 percent during the same.
Today Current Affairs December 6 2017 – Important National Updates
Nepal closes border with India for 72 hours ahead of December 7 elections.
- Nepal on Tuesday closed its border with India for 72 hours at more than 22 different entry points for the second round of parliamentary and provincial elections on December 7.
- The first phase of the election in Nepal took place on November 26.
- The second phase of the elections is taking place in 45 districts on Thursday.
London mayor in Delhi launches a global anti-pollution network.
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan launched a global network to find solutions to improve worsening air quality in cities worldwide.
- Bengaluru Mayor R. Sampath Raj will co-chair with Mr Khan the newly formed ‘Air Quality Network’ under the C40 network to tackle rising air pollution.
- C40 is a network of major cities like London, Paris, Los Angeles and Copenhagen working together to reduce greenhouse emission.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today
China urges India to join efforts to create the mega-regional market.
- China got an idea of creating a “mega-regional market” with India to mine existing advantages and create new ones within two of the world’s fastest-growing economies.
- India and China have different political systems but practise market economy. These are the only two countries with more than 1 billion people each.
- Li Wei president of the Development Research Centre (DRC) of the State Council in China cabinet said there is huge potential in market demand, further international market demand at a deeper level and at a mega-regional level.
Trump to recognize Jerusalem as Israel capital – Today Current Affairs December 6 2017
- Donald Trump on Wednesday will recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
- Trump will set in motion the relocation of US Embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv.
- The international community does not recognize Israeli sovereignty over the entire city, home to sites holy to the Muslim, Jewish and Christian religions.
IOC bans Russia from 2018 Pyeongchang Games.
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) said Russia has been banned from the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
- It is banned after the evidence emerged of an unprecedented systematic manipulation of the anti-doping system.
- The IOC also decided to suspend Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) president Alexander Zhukov as an IOC member.
December 6th 2017 Current Affairs – Business News
Patanjali to manufacture solar power equipment.
- Yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali Ayurved Ltd, the consumer goods products upstart, is poised to diversify into solar equipment manufacturing.
- Acharya Balkrishna, managing director of Patanjali Ayurved, said this will be the company’s first exposure to the infrastructure sector and comes after its runaway success in consumer products.
- Patanjali Ayurved, which took a start in 2006, is growing at a stunning pace, increasing its revenue more from 2014-2015.
Online retail giant Amazon enters Australian market – Today Current Affairs December 6 2017
- Online US retail giant Amazon has officially launched operations in Australia.
- The brand looking to make an impact in the lead up to the busy Christmas period.
- In 2018, Amazon also plans to take on the country’s largest supermarket chains with their brand AmazonFresh, offering delivery services for fresh food online.
Google blocks YouTube on Amazon devices in escalating feud.
- Google is pulling its popular YouTube video service from Amazon’s Fire TV and Echo show devices in an escalating feud that has caught consumers in the crossfire.
- The decision to block YouTube is retaliation for Amazon’s refusal to sell some Google products that compete with Amazon gadgets.
Agreements Updates – Today Current Affairs December 6 2017
Odisha govt signs MoU with 4 Pvt hospitals for better delivery of healthcare services.
- The Odisha government signed the memorandum of understanding (MoU) with four private hospitals for better delivery of quality health care services in the state.
- According to the MoU, Glocal Healthcare Systems will help the state government for implementation of the digital dispensary project in 14 locations.
- Later the programme will get extends to 11 more locations of the district basing on the outcome of the first phase.
Daily Current Affairs Updates – Awards Affairs
Three Param Vir Chakra awardees at Chandigarh Military Literature Festival.
- CaptianBana Singh was awarded the PVC for recapturing the highest Pakistani post on the Siachen Glacier, the Quaid Post, on June 26, 1987.
- Naib Subedar Sanjay Kumar and Subedar Yadav were awarded for their acts of gallantry during the Kargil war in 1999.
Defence News – Current Affairs 2017 December 6th
Surface-to-air missile Akash successfully test fired.
- Surface-to-air missile Akash was successfully test fired with an indigenous radio frequency seeker.
- The missile was successfully launched from the Launch Complex-III at Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Odisha around 1.40 pm.
- This is the first surface-to-air missile with indigenous seeker that has been test fired.
- This missile is being inducted into Army as Short Range Surface to Air Missile (SRSAM).
Godrej bags order for 100 BrahMos supersonic missile airframes – Today Current Affairs December 6 2017
- Godrej Aerospace said it has won an order for 100 units of airframes for the air-launch version of the BrahMos missile from BrahMos Aerospace.
- The company said the first deliveries are expected to start from 2020.
- The BrahMos missile is the world’s fastest, stealth, a universal supersonic cruise missile that can be launched from ships, submarines, aircraft and land-based platform.
Today Current Affairs December 6 2017 – Resignations Affairs
Meghalaya Power Minister Comingone Ymbon Resigns.
- Meghalaya Power Minister Comingone Ymbon resigned from the Mukul Sangma cabinet due to personal reasons.
- Mr Ymbon took the Minister post in August this year.
Sports Updates – Today Current Affairs
Atletico Madrid out of Champions League after a draw with Chelsea – Today Current Affairs December 6 2017
- Atletico Madrid, finalists in 2014 and 2016, will drop into the Europa League after finishing third.
- Chelsea surrendered the top spot in the Champions’ League Group C when they drew 1-1 at home against Spain’s Atletico Madrid.
India beat Nepal 3-0 to lift South Asian badminton title.
- The India lived up to the favourites tag and walloped Nepal 3-0 to win the first-ever South Asian Regional Badminton Tournament in Guwahati.
- India, who came into the finals without losing a single match continued their good run with Aryaman Tandon drawing the first blood in the boys’singles competition.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 05-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 05-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.