Today Current Affairs December 7 2017
In Kerala, minimum drinking age to go up from 21 to 23.
- The CPI(M)-led Kerala government on Wednesday decided to raise the minimum age for consuming liquor from 21 to 23.
- The government will make suitable amendments to the existing liquor policy and bring an ordinance for this.
- Kerala has the second highest level of per capita liquor consumption for any Indian state following Andhra Pradesh.
- The liquor trade accounts for one-fourth of the government’s Rs 40,000 crore annual revenue.
Taj Mahal stands 2nd in best UNESCO world heritage site – Today Current Affairs December 7 2017
- According to a new survey of UNESCO world heritage site in the world the Taj Mahal, India’s iconic ivory-white marble mausoleum in Agra is the second best in the world.
- The iconic ivory-white marble mausoleum has been rated second after Cambodia’s Angkor Wat.
- The survey conducted by Trip Advisor lists the UNESCO Cultural and Natural heritage sites best rated by travellers.
- Every year, over 8 million people visit the Taj Mahal.
Today Current Affairs December 7 2017 – More National News
India’s first centre of excellence for cut flowers opened at Thally.
- The country’s first centre of excellence (CoE) for cut flowers was inaugurated at Thally near Krishnagiri in Tamil Nadu.
- Set up under the Indo-Israel Agriculture Project (IIAP), it was unveiled by Gil Haskel, head of MASHAV, Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation.
- This was the 29th centre of excellence established across the country under the Indo-Israel partnership.
- The foundation work for the centre was started in 2013.
Uttar Pradesh the first State to endorse centre’s “Triple Talaq” draft bill.
- The Yogi Adityanath government has endorsed the centre’s draft bill that makes the practice of instant “triple talaq” a criminal offence.
- With the bill the BJP-ruled Uttar Pradesh the first state in the country to approve the centre’s draft bill.
- The Uttar Pradesh government approved the draft bill at a meeting of the state cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, who is also the head priest of the Gorakhnath temple.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today
UAE launches programme to send astronauts into space – Today Current Affairs December 7 2017
- Dubai’s launches the United Arab Emirates first space programme aimed at sending four Emirati astronauts to the International Space Station within five years.
- The Gulf nation has announced ambitious plans to become the first Arab country to send an unmanned probe to orbit Mars by 2021.
- The first Arab in outer space was Saudi Arabia’s Sultan bin Salman Al-Saud, who flew on a US shuttle mission in 1985.
Starbucks opens the world’s largest cafe in Shanghai.
- Starbucks opened its largest cafe in the world in Shanghai as the US-based beverage giant bets big on the burgeoning coffee culture of a country traditionally known for tea-drinking.
- The cafe spans 2,700 square meters is nearly half the area of a soccer field.
- The first roastery outlet opened in Starbucks’ hometown of Seattle in 2014.
China cuts through mountains to expand high-speed train network.
- China inaugurated a 658-km high-speed railway line cutting through a mountain range and connecting the city of Xian in the northwest to Chengdu city in the southwest.
- It is taking the total high-speed network to more than 22,000 km.
- The travelling time between Xian and Chengdu will be cut from 11 hours to less than four hours.
- China has plans to build 38,000 km of high-speed railway lines by 2025 and 45,000 km by 2030.
LA to become largest US city with recreational pot – Today Current Affairs December 7 2017
- Los Angeles is in line to become United States’ largest city with legal recreational marijuana after the City Council voted Wednesday to license sales and cultivation next year.
- Under the Los Angeles regulations, residential neighbourhoods would be largely off-limits to pot businesses and would be set up around schools, libraries and parks.
December 7th 2017 Current Affairs – Business Events
Airtel and Intex join hands to launch three new 4G VoLTE phones.
- Airtel made an announcement of a partnership with Intex to bundle data and calling benefits with select smartphones.
- The partnership is part of Airtel’s ongoing initiative to build a portfolio of ultra-affordable smartphones.
- Airtel has already launched a slew of smartphones including Karbonn A40 and Celkon Smart 4G under this initiative.
- Airtel is selling these three phones at effective prices starting at Rs 1649.
Walmart is changing its legal name like Amazon – Today Current Affairs December 7 2017
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is changing its legal name which will be effective from Feb. 1.
- The world’s largest retailer, based in Bentonville, Arkansas, said it will change its legal name to Walmart Inc. from Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
- It operates more than 11,600 stores and clubs under 60 different banners worldwide.
Mars to base US headquarters in New Jersey.
- Mars Wrigley Confectionery is basing its U.S. headquarters in New Jersey.
- The maker of M&M’s, Snickers and Skittles made an announcement that it will operate from existing offices in Hackettstown and open a new space in Newark.
- Mars operated in Newark when M&M’s were created as military rations in 1941.
Appointment News – Today Current Affairs December 7 2017
Czech president appoints Andrej Babis as a new prime minister.
- Czech billionaire businessman Andrej Babis takes the appointment as a prime minister on Wednesday after his ANO party came first in an October election.
- ANO holds 78 seats in the 200-seat lower house but has so far failed to win the backing of any of the other eight parties.
Current Affairs 2017 December 7th – Agreements Updates
Maharashtra signs 34 MoUs to transform villages.
- The state government signed 34 MoUs with leading corporate houses to take ahead its ambitious project of social transformation of 1,000 villages across Maharashtra.
- Under the banner of Village Social Transformation Foundation (VSTF), the government has initiated the work in 310 villages.
- The MoUs were signed in presence of Chief Minister Fadnavis and other corporate heads.
India and Cuba to collaborate on drugs – Today Current Affairs December 7 2017
- India and Cuba today inked a MoU for enhanced cooperation in the health sector by giving a boost to medical education in the two countries.
- Union Health Minister J P Nadda said relations between Cuba and India were based on shared values of equality and justice.
- The ministry of health also signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Rotary International India to accelerate efforts under the polio eradication programme.
Resignation Affairs – Daily Current Affairs Updates
Sushil Kumar resigns as National Sports Observer.
- Double Olympic medalist Sushil Kumar has quit his role as a National Sports Observer for wrestling.
- The 34-year-old wrestler was among 12 national observers appointed by the then Sports Minister Vijay Goel in March.
Today Current Affairs December 7 2017 – Sports Updates
Lifter Gurdeep creates three national records in IWF Championships.
- Gurdeep Singh created three new senior national records in +105kg weight category in IWF World Weightlifting Championships at Anaheim in the USA.
- Singh finished 13th overall with a total lift of 388kg but created national records.
- 12 new senior national records were created during the IWF World Weightlifting Championships.
Cristiano Ronaldo sets new Champions League record.
- Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has become the first ever player to score on all six match days of a Champions League group stage.
- He also equalized his Barcelona rival Lionel Messi’s record of 60 group-stage goals in total.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 06-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 06-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.