Today Current Affairs December 8 2017
PM Modi inaugurates BR Ambedkar International Centre.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the BR Ambedkar International Centre here and said it would be an important place for research on social and economic issues.
- The prime minister also unveiled two statues of the Dalit icon at the centre in Janpath.
- The prime minister said the centre will be an important place for research on social and economic issues.
India joins elite multilateral export control regime.
- India has become the 42nd member of Wassenaar Arrangement (WA).
- Wassenaar Arrangement is a multilateral export control regime.
- The WA membership is also expected to build up a strong case for India’s entry into the NSG.
PM Narendra Modi will visit Palestine, says envoy Alihaijaa – Today Current Affairs December 8 2017
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Palestine, its envoy Adnan A Alihaijaa said on Thursday without elaborating when it will take place.
- The announcement comes on a day when the UNSC convenes an emergency meeting after Trump recognises Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
- In July, Modi became the first prime minister of India to visit Israel but he had made a departure from the tradition of Indian leaders visiting Palestine.
Hindi now fourth most-spoken language in New Zealand.
- New Zeland envoy Joanna Kempkers said Hindi is now the “fourth most-spoken” language in her country.
- She also emphasised that the inflow of Indian tourists to New Zealand and the number of students going there are on the rise.
- A few months ago, Education New Zealand, a government agency for international education, had signed up Bollywood actor Kriti Sanon as its brand ambassador.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today
Australian Parliament allows same-sex marriages, first weddings expected in February.
- The Australian Parliament voted to allow same-sex marriage across the nation, following a bitter and divisive debate settled by the government.
- After royal assent and other formalities, the law will likely take effect in about a month, with the first weddings expected about a month later.
- Gay marriage was endorsed by 62 percent of Australian voters who responded to the government-commissioned postal ballot.
Queen Elizabeth inaugurates new “Best of British” aircraft carrier – Today Current Affairs December 8 2017
- Queen Elizabeth 2 formally commissioned into the British navy the UK’s newest and biggest aircraft carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth, at a ceremony on Thursday.
- The warship, which cost 3 billion pounds to build, was hailed as a true flagship for the 21st century.
- The ship can operate with a crew of 1,000 and 40 aircraft on deck, and measures 280 metres in length and weighs 65,000 tonnes.
Russia’s Vladimir Putin to visit Egypt Monday.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin will visit Egypt on Monday to meet with his Egyptian counterpart Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi.
- The spokesperson for the Egyptian Presidency Bassam Rady said in a statement that Putin will meet with Sisi to discuss several issues, including the historical and strategic relations between the two countries.
- Sisi invited his Russian counterpart to visit Egypt during their meeting in September on the sidelines of the 9th BRICS Summit that was held in China.
Polish finance chief Mateusz Morawiecki to be the new prime minister.
- Poland’s prime minister resigned Thursday and will be replaced by Finance Minister Mateusz Morawiecki.
- Szydlo resigned during a meeting of the ruling Law and Justice party in Warsaw.
- The party leadership wants Szydlo to serve in another senior government position, Mazurek said without elaborating.
Daily Current Affairs December 8th 2017 – Business Events
Samsung India to hire 1000 engineering graduates in 2018.
- Samsung India plans to hire 1,000 graduates from top engineering colleges across the country in 2018 with over 300 of them coming in from various IITs.
- A majority of these engineers are expected to be hired for new-age domains like artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning (ML), biometrics, natural language processing, augmented reality and networks including 5G.
- Samsung is extremely bullish on R&D in India. We have been here for over 22 years.
As per the report, Facebook is the best place to work, Apple slips to 84th spot – Today Current Affairs December 8 2017
- While Facebook has become the best place to work in America, and Apple has tumbled to number 84 this year from its 36th position last year in the leading job website Glassdoor.
- Apple still remains a highly rated employer with 4.3 out of 5 rating by Glassdoor.
- The SAP is at the 11th spot, Salesforce at 15th, LinkedIn at 21th, Adobe at 31th, Microsoft at 39th and SpaceX is at 50th place in Glassdoor’s listing.
Agreements News – Today Current Affairs December 8 2017
Qatar and France sign $1 billion Rafale fighter jet deal amid gulf crisis.
- Qatar announced a deal to buy 12 French-built Rafale fighter jets, as it faces a boycott by neighbouring Gulf states in the region’s worst political crisis in years.
- The 1.1-billion-euro ($1.3-billion) order, announced during an official visit by French President Emmanuel Macron, allows for an option to buy a further 36 jets.
- It comes on top of a 2015 agreement on the purchase of 24 Dassault Aviation-built Rafale warplanes.
December 8th 2017 Current Affairs – Sports Updates
Cristiano Ronaldo wins his 5th Ballon d’Or award as the best player.
- Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has won the Ballon d’Or award as soccer’s best player of the year.
- He made a record-equalling fifth time, with Barcelona star Lionel Messi.
- Messi won it from 2009-12 and again in 2015.
- Ronaldo also took home the Ballon d’Or prize in 2013 and 2014, and in 2008 when playing for Manchester United.
Afghanistan wicketkeeper Shahzad gets 12-month doping ban – Today Current Affairs December 8 2017
- Afghanistan wicketkeeper Mohammad Shahzad has been banned for 12 months after inadvertently ingesting a prohibited substance.
- Clenbuterol, used by sufferers of breathing disorders such as asthma, is banned in and out-of-competition.
- Shahzad has played 58 one-day internationals and 58 T20s for Afghanistan.
More Sports Affairs -Today Current Affairs December 8 2017
Kohli grabs the second position in Test rankings.
- India captain Virat Kohli jumped three places to grab the second position among batsmen in the ICC Test rankings.
- Smith is in top rank with 938 points while Kohli is on 893 points.
- Former Australia captain Ricky Ponting is the only batsman to have been at the top in all three formats at the same time in December -January 2005-06.
Nagpur’s Kanchanmala becomes first Indian to win gold at World Para-Swimming Championship.
- Kanchanmala became the first Indian to win the gold medal in the World Para-Swimming Championship.
- Kanchanmala secured the top spot in 200 meters medley event in the S-11 category.
- She was expecting a medal at Mexico but a gold medal was totally unexpected
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 07-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 07-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.