Today Current Affairs December 9 2017
Kacheguda Railway station is India’s ‘First’ Energy-Efficient Railway Station.
- Kacheguda railway station in Hyderabad has been named the first energy-efficient ‘A1 Category’ railway station in the country.
- South Central Railway (SCR) said Kacheguda railway station in Hyderabad division of the SCR, has achieved 100 per cent energy efficiency by replacing 1,312 conventional lights with LED lighting.
- 370 ceiling fans with Brushless DC Electrical (BLDC) motors energy-efficient fans and 12 air conditioners with energy efficient inverter type ACs, have been added.
MSME Minister launches MSME Sambandh portal to monitor public procurement.
- MSME Sambandh, a public procurement portal was launched on Friday by Giriraj Singh, minister of Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises .
- The portal is developed to monitor the implementation of the public procurement from MSEs by Central public sector enterprises.
- The procurement policy instructs the Central government departments/CPSEs to procure 20 per cent of their total annual purchases from MSEs.
India declared free from Trachoma Infection. – Today Current Affairs December 9 2017
- Union Health and Family Welfare Minister JP Nadda declared that the country is free from the Trachoma Bacterial Infection.
- The bacteria is a leading cause of infectious blindness among children.
- Active trachoma is considered eliminated if the prevalence of active infection among children below 10 years is less than 5 per cent.
- India’s active trachoma infection has been eliminated among children in all the survey districts with overall prevalence of only 0.7 per cent.
International Affairs – Current Affairs Today
India became the 42nd member of the Wassenaar Arrangement. – Today Current Affairs December 9 2017
- The multilateral export control regime, Wassenaar Arrangement (WA) decided to admit India as its new 42nd member in Vienna, Austria.
- The Plenary meeting of the Wassenaar Arrangement was held from December 6 – 7 in Vienna.
- India become the Arrangement’s 42nd participating state.
- External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said that the necessary procedural arrangements for India’s admission will be completed shortly.
French President Emmanuel Macron has been awarded the prestigious International Charlemagne Prize.
- French President Emmanuel Macron has been awarded a prestigious German prize for his contributions to European unity in recognition of his ‘vision of a new Europe’.
- International Charlemagne Prize is awarded annually by the city of Aachen, near the Belgian and Dutch borders.
- Previous winners include former US President Bill Clinton and Pope Francis and John Paul II.
- The prize ceremony is held in May in Aachen, from where the Holy Roman emperor Charlemagne once ruled western Europe.
Daily Current Affairs December 9th 2017 – Business Events
Tata Consultancy Services tops wealth creation list in India. Today Current Affairs December 9 2017
- Tata Consultancy Services retained its top slot in Motilal Oswal’s 22nd Annual Wealth Creation Study for the fifth time in a row.
- It created investor wealth worth Rs 2.5 lakh crore between 2012 and 2017.
- Private-sector lender HDFC Bank with Rs 2.31 lakh crore is at the second spot.
- Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries is at the third spot with a wealth of Rs 1.89 lakh crore.
- ITC (Rs 1.59 lakh crore) and Maruti Suzuki (Rs 1.41 lakh crore) took the fourth and fifth places, respectively.
Appointments News – Today Current Affairs December 9 2017
Azar Khan has been appointed as the ambassador of India to Turkmenistan.
- Azar A.H.Khan has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Turkmenistan.
- He is presently working as the Consul General in the Consulate General of India in Istanbul.
- He is expected to take up his assignment shortly.
December 9th 2017 Current Affairs – Sports Updates
Gautam Singhania elected to the FIA World Motor Sports Council.
- The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India’s (FMSCI) nominee Gautam Singhania won the seat in the FIA World Motor Sports Council.
- The post was previously held by former UB Group boss Vijay Mallya.
- Singhania, chairman and MD of Raymond Group, was one of the 14 members who were elected from 22 nominees.
- He took part in Ferari Challenge in Europe, apart from participating in various drag racing competitions.
Bengaluru FC beat North East United FC in the Indian Super League.
- Bengaluru FC defeated NorthEast United FC 1-0 in the Indian Super League (ISL) on Friday.
- Learning from the defeat in Goa last week, Bengaluru got the game off to a more patient start, passing the ball around before switching gears in attack.
- With the ball at his feet and Miku closing him down, Rehenesh’s panic clearance could go only as far as Udanta who squared the ball to the Bengaluru number 7.
- Calm as ever, Miku picked his corner, leaving Rehenesh with no chance at all.
More Sports Affairs -Today Current Affairs December 9 2017
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has won the Ballon d’Or award.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has won the Ballon d’Or award for a record fifth time, moving him level with Barcelona star Lionel Messi.
- Ronaldo won the trophy awarded by France Football magazine at a ceremony held at the Eiffel Tower on Thursday.
- The 32-year-old Portugal won the Ballon d’Or prize in 2013 and 2014, and in 2008, 2016 when playing for Manchester United.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
|Questions | Today Current Affairs||Quiz | Today Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 08-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 08-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.